Yu-gi-oh! Dicussions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lugiamaster, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Lugiamaster

Lugiamaster Junior Gamer

So I've seen some comments about this in the chat so I thought I may get some discussion boards up with it, I guess you guys can use this post to list deck ideas, upcoming cards/sets, Dueling Network screen names, ect. So go crazy here, I like new ideas and good discussions and would love to see this maybe catch on a little more here

2. Sykikal

Sykikal Administrator Staff Member

It seems a bit vague, but okay. I started watching the Yugioh anime a while ago, and I played my first video game on the PS2, I forgot the name. Since then I've probably played a lot of Yugioh video games. I seem to be getting the hang of it.

I tried duel network but I didn't like it because you have to do all the drawing, card activate, etc. manually. For the same reason, and because the cost tends to add up, I've never gotten physical duel monsters cards.

3. Shion Uzuki

Shion Uzuki Inactive

I used to play the card game competitively, and came second in a regional tournament some years back. Since then I've kind of dropped out of touch with the game. They keep adding new features, so I stick to videogames where you get a tutorial telling you what to do first. I picked up the card game again near the tail-end of the Synchro era, but I have no idea how these dark cards work. Like, the reverse synchros and such.

I mostly use machine decks, though that idea was scuppered some time back (read: when they semi'd Cyber Dragon for no reason). I also have a pretty good spellcaster deck I recently found in a drawer.

Probably Falsebound Kingdom or Duelists of the Roses.

4. Sykikal

Sykikal Administrator Staff Member

Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure it was Duelists of the Roses now that you mention it. I know what you mean. I'm not a big fan of the Synchro stuff myself, I haven't even heard of "reverse Synchro". Then again, they probably need to change the game every once in a while or else it would get too stale. I just haven't kept up with it much.

5. Shion Uzuki

Shion Uzuki Inactive

I often go back to play the PS1 game Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories. It's similar to Duelists of the Roses, in that it completely ignores all the rules of the actual card game. It keeps the basic playing field of the TCG, but there's no sacrificing to summon, and you can only play one card per turn. If you play a trap you can't summon, if you summon you can't play a spell, etc. You also got a randomized deck based on the name you use as a player.

Oh, and you could create fusions (of sorts) by mixing cards together in battle. i.e fusing Morphing Pot with Baby Dragon created Stone Dragon. Definitely fun, but unforgiving in the main storyline. If you lose, game over. If you haven't saved, too bad for you.

Also, I misspoke. By reverse synchro, I apparently meant dark synchro. Apparently it works as an antithesis to regular synchro, in that instead of adding the monster levels, you subtract them. The result is a card with a minus level instead of a plus level. It's all very contrived. There's also Xyz, which is new to the TCG and comes from the ZEXAL anime. Apparently I'd be screwed entirely if I tried to enter a tournament now.