Yakuza Series

Discussion in 'Sony' started by shadowray7, Nov 15, 2017.

1. shadowray7

shadowray7 Resident Maki Worshipper

PULL OFF HYPER INTENSE HEAT ACTIONS IN THIS THREAD HERE

I figured since I'm in the middle of playing Yakuza 0 and gmoz finished Yakuza Kiwami the other day I'd make a thread

The Yakuza series features series protagonist Kazuma Kiryu and his life as a member of the Tojo Clan, Kanto's largest yakuza organization.

The series is a 3D Beat-Em up with adventure and RPG elements. The most distinguishable feature of these games is the heat system that allows you pull off flashy, high damage moves and finishers against opponents. On top of this the games are loaded with tons of minigames and sidequests. While Kiyru is indeed the series protagonist, starting with Yakuza 4, the game has featured other playable protagonists alongside Kiyru.

[​IMG]
    Released in 2015 in Japan and 2017 Worldwide
    This game takes place in 1988.

Yakuza 0 is the prequel to the series featuring Kiryu's first conflict with his Family and the Tojo Clan. It also features the popular character Goro Majima as a second playable character with his own story.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Yakuza was released in 2005 in JP and 2006 in NA. Yakuza Kiwami, the remake, was released in 2016 in JP and 2017 WW.
    This game takes place in 2005.

The first game in the series. The remake borrows Yakuza 0's engine and systems. Notably, the original game is the only game in the series with an English dub.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Yakuza 2 was released in 2006 in JP and 2008 in NA. Yakuza Kiwami 2 is set to release in late 2017 in Japan. It's has not been announced for the West yet but Sega is expressing interest in localizing it.
    The games takes place one year after Yakuza.

The remake borrows Yakuza 6's engine and features a new scenario where Goro Majima will be once again playable and it picks up where Yakuza 0 left him off.

imtoolazytogoposttheresttheseriesboxartitgoesuptosixandhasabunchofspinoffsifyoucare

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    Sykikal and Lavitz like this.
  2. Lavitz

Lavitz Inactive Staff Member

Majima is the Gene Parmesan of Yakuza

3. shadowray7

shadowray7 Resident Maki Worshipper

In Yakuza 0, if you complete the business sidequests for each character you can unlock a 4th battle style for them. You can do them as soon as in the middle of Chapter 5 for Kiryu and Chapter 7 for Majima. I recommend completing Kiryu's before the end of Chapter 10 and Majima's before the end of Chapter 12.

oryoucanjustskipthementirelycausetheydogetabitgrindy