Windows 8

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Sealseal, May 17, 2010.

1. tomhammer3

tomhammer3 Inactive

Well considering how bad windows vista was, they had to put out windows 7 quickly with the main stuff fixed and a few extra features... of course it has its epic failures too... like the lack of security from hackers... so supposedly windows 8 is going to fix this by cleaning any files you download, as you are downloading them... not to mention the extra features...
    so windows 8 I can guarantee is going to have tons of flaws, because scans only search for computer generated viruses and not encoded viruses... so my best guess would be that windows 8 is going to have a lack of encoded viruses which surprisingly is windows 7's strongest defense at the moment.

I know this because my friends father works at microsoft and is currently working on windows 8 communications and encryptions. He provided the information on the weak and strong points of windows 7, and the solution of it for windows 8. The opinion itself is completely mine however and not 100% fact.

2. Kaix

Kaix Inactive

Prediction

I think they should get better names for the Window's Installations. I mean really, Windows 7 then Windows 8? I sense a lack of creativity.

As for the features I believe that they will attempt to make it more media-friendly just a hunch of mine. Oh and Tom I agree with you that every installation has it's flaws.. and security has always been a flaw.. no matter what the system.

3. tomhammer3

tomhammer3 Inactive

holy crap you mean I was right? I had to state actual facts in my opinion... BUT I WAS RIGHT!!!!!

on another note...

Its not going to be called windows 8 kaix, I was just using that for easier clarification in which I was talking about... they havent decided on the actual name yet, but they are going to focus on the media a lot less now which sucks...

4. Reggie

Reggie Limit Breaker

Even if Microsoft does come out with another operating system, I hope they can improve on it. Microsoft can improve on eliminating potential viruses, as Mac did, and find solutions to prevent the operating system from crashing all the time. I don't want to buy another operating system that crashes and has little or no protection. Otherwise, Windows 8 (or any other title Microsoft wants to name it) would be the same as the other operating systems.

5. krackers

krackers Inactive

New feature called "The button of death" anyone? Incase anything happens to your computer, it warps spacetime to travel back to the time where nothing ever happened. Then it wipes all your data. :D

6. Reggie

Reggie Limit Breaker

Is that feature "The Button of Death" for the new Windows 8 or for Xat?

7. krackers

krackers Inactive

Windows 8... when did xat ever come into the pic.

8. Kaix

Kaix Inactive

When did this turn into a time-travel speculation? Er.. anyway.. I don't think any feature like that would ever be possible. Even the deleting your data part. At least for a common household computer or a laptop. What would be the point? If someone really wants ALL their data gone it's called remove the hard drive and swipe it with a magnet a few times...

9. tomhammer3

tomhammer3 Inactive

actually, mac didn't find solutions, they just encoded an encryption with over 600 parts... that they change one digit for in every system. Thats over 1,000,000 digits by the way...

So Mac didnt technically find a solution, they just made their servers isolated so that no encryption key is exactly the same, meaning that one computer cannot override another.

10. Kaix

Kaix Inactive

That in essence is a solution if you think on it. By isolating their servers they prevented computer overrides. Anyway Mac still has their fair share of problems.

11. tomhammer3

tomhammer3 Inactive

it's not a solution, because its always the same section of the encryption that has a changed digit... so if anyone figures out which section it is, then they can figure out the 1 changed digit... it could be any combination of a-z mixed with 1-10,000. Hacking programs just narrow that down, but they need the assisted help in locating which part of an encryption to crack, or crack the entire thing... but when they crack encryptions it stores TONS of data onto your computer, and 90% of the time they are police run hacking programs, so bewtween max, the police, and the invention of the encryptions... theres still like a 3% chance of someone able to hack your mac...

12. Kaix

Kaix Inactive

Might not be a fool-proof solution (there is no such thing) But is a freak'n good one. You have to at least give them that for trying. 3% is that much however. I also think that once more people get mac's new threats will arise so I don't see the point in completely debating this. Within a month encryptions on this specific topic will be obsolete. There are always people trying to hack.

13. Yukinari

Yukinari Keep up the Streak!

Yes cause i need to spend more money to update my software.
    No way in hell.