Will Final Fantasy XIII-2 flop?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Lavitz, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Lavitz

Lavitz Inactive Staff Member

It's coming out in a week and I'm already hearing bad things. I personally liked FFXIII and I don't know why it gets so much hate but the FFXIII-2 demo disappointed me especially with the awful framerate and QTE in battles. Have you played the demo? What are your thoughts?

2. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

I really should start playing these "Final Fantasy" games. I keep telling myself I will but I just haven't gotten around to it.

3. Lavitz

Might be hard to get into now depending on if you wanna play them all or not, but like I said before they're each their own game so you don't have to worry about catching up on the story. I suggest starting with the PS1 era games though since they're the best in my opinion, the older games have plenty of remakes too (Final Fantasy 1 and 2 on PSP, Final Fantasy 3 and 4 on DS, both have updated graphics but FF1 and 2 still use sprites while the ones on DS are 3D)

4. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

I'm Not Buying Games "new" Anymore. All the Games I've Bought Over The Past Year Brand New Have Been Complete Disappointments. And Most Were Made Just For The Money They Would Bring In.

Two Worlds II
    Dragon Age II
    Saints Row The Third
    The Elder Scrolls: V Skyrim

I Was Going To Buy Final Fantasy XIII- 2
    The Darkness 2
    And Kingdoms Of Amalur Reconing.

Then Thought, I'd Rather Wait Than Spend A Lot Of Money And Be Disappointing, And Pre-Ordering Is A Waste Of Time Since The Items I Would Get Are Useless.

5. Lavitz

I'm gonna get it when it's released because I know if I wait months for a price drop, it will get spoiled for me. There's a reason why I haven't played Red Dead Redemption and LA Noire, both were spoiled for me and the ending wouldn't be as great if I played myself. I learned something though, stay off any forum or image board until the game is a few weeks old at least because there will always be someone spoiling it.

I don't usually pay $60 for a game but in this case I know I love the Final Fantasy series, I liked FFXIII and this is supposed to take everything good about that game and make it better. Also it's starting to get good reviews, it even got a perfect review from famitsu. I'll take the chance with this one.

6. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

Good Luck!! I REALLY Hope It Isn't A Waste Of Your Money. Personally I HATE Surprises And Don't Think Much Of Stories. I Was On The Saints Row Forums And There Were Spoilers Everywhere. After Reading Them All I Should Have Cancelled My Purchase.

7. Seth

Seth Fame Had An IV

it's really good so far.. i don't think it will flop

8. Lavitz

Yeah it's really good
    the ending on the other hand...:@

9. Seth

Seth Fame Had An IV

dunno yet. I've heard it's really good tho. I just want to beat it but i'm always either working or at school.

10. Lavitz

All depends on how you look at it I guess, it would have been a good ending if it didn't say "To be continued", I don't see how they could make a sequel... then again I also said that about XIII.

Also I find it funny how out of all the returning characters Sazh, Dajh and their baby chocobo still look the same as they did in XIII... it's a shame Sazh is the best character and all he gets are two short cameos

11. Seth

Seth Fame Had An IV

i hated Sazh, tbh. Last game I really only liked Fang and Lightning. Good job on 1000/1000ing it. I plan on going for the platinum eventually.

12. Lavitz

Hah thanks it was a lot easier and less time consuming than XIII... that's for sure

13. Seth

Seth Fame Had An IV

No problem. It sounds easier. Since I'm not done with the story I'm only at like 22% of the trophies.