What was your first gaming system?

Discussion in 'Classic gaming' started by Sykikal, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

Hello, my first gaming system was Super Nintendo. It brings back a lot of memories playing it. Some of the games I had on it were Super Mario, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby Super Star, Bomberman 2. What was your first gaming system? What games did you first have?

2. My first system was a Nintendo 64, I think.
    I loved playing spy games on it, I even played some adventure games.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2008
  3. Nack

Nack Inactive

Mine was NES.

Battletoads, TMNT, Mario, Zelda, Metriod, Ice Climber, Clu Clu Land, Bomberman, Dragon Warrior...

Like awesome.

4. Funke

Funke Inactive

I feel kinda young, though the same as as Nack.

I was late to the party and began with PS1.
    FOR THE WIN.

5. Seth

Seth Fame Had An IV

SEGA. Pwning Power Rangers game.

6. Lavitz

Lavitz Inactive Staff Member

Hai

Mine was the NES. Super Mario Bros., Duck Hunt, NES Zapper = Good to go:D

7. Demetrius

Demetrius Keep up the Streak!

Same with Funke, I started with PS1.

8. nooboftheworld

nooboftheworld Inactive

I believe mine was the NES. Battletoads was a favorite, or it was Gameboy?

tetris....

9. Nack

Nack Inactive

You sure you can still talk about that?

That addiction was life threatening man.

10. Super Smash Bros. Fan

Super Smash Bros. Fan My first forum...

Well phsycical, I either first owned a Super Nintendo Entertain System (SNES) or a Nintendo 64 (N64).
    The games I owned for the SNES were Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country, Super Street Fighter 2 (Have on Virtual Console to forgive throwing it away.), Toy Story, Coolspot, Mortal Kombat 2 or 3, and Street Fighter Alpha 2. I also rented the Lion King and Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong Quest (Which I own the Game Boy Advance version.) Out of the games I mentioned all but Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country, Toy Story, and Coolspot are I still own. I loved playing all of these games. Even Super Street Fighter 2 is enjoyable despite throwing the cartige away in Summer of 2003 due to formal fear of the intro.
    I also owned a Nintendo 64. The first game I got was Super Mario 64. I later got so much more such as Donkey Kong 64, Banjo-Kazooie, and so many more!

Unfortunately in Fall of 2007 my Nintendo 64 broke and I'm sad knowing that some of the games I owned will never come to the Virtual Console. (I HATE YOU MICROSOFT FOR THIS! YOU TOO RARE FOR ABANDONING NINTENDO AND RUINING YOUR REPUTATION!) Sorry for that. I do not like what Rare and Microsoft has done to us.
    These console launched my hobby of video games. Thanks Nintendo!
    I hope you like my comments!

11. LatiosUnit

LatiosUnit Inactive

The original game boy, with Donkey Kong and soon after Pokemon Blue. I love that big grey bundle of love that STILL somehow works. It's a darn shame though that my blue version how ever, does not. Darn you washing machine!:@:@

12. Super Smash Bros. Fan

That was my first handheld too LatiosUnit. I played Super Mario Land, Tetris, Meteroid 2: Return of Samus (I never knew how to play it thought.), that Simpson golf game where you play as Scracth, F1 Racing and that racing game. I really enjoy them all and if their is ever a Virtual Game Boy shop on Wii Shop Channel I would recommend it.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  13. Hot Head

Hot Head Inactive

My first was the SNES. Then the real gaming began around the N64 era. Hey you, Pikachu!, Pokemon stadium 2, Kirby & the Chrystal shards... *sigh*

14. Super Smash Bros. Fan

I didn't know you liked playing "Hey You! Pikachu! But it's highly unlikely it will come out on the Virtual Console.
    I also really enjoyed playing Pokemon Stadium 2. However I never owned it. Lets hope that come out on the Virtual Console!
    I remember renting Kirby & the Crystal Shard too yet never owned it. It would be nice if I download but seem too easy.

15. Gogeta

Gogeta Inactive

Dang, I can't remember most of them. I was too young to remember when i started playing them , but NES and N64 with Super Smash Bros. and Hey you Pikachu! (I'm not even sure if those are the right ones )

16. The Stig

The Stig Inactive

Playstation 1, which my brother bought. Everyone thought it was revolutionary at the time. It had a CD player.

17. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

Hm.. I'm surprised at how many people started with the Playstation. At the time it was very good though like Stig said. So I can kind of see why Playstation would draw new people to gaming that weren't interested enough by N64, SNES, Sega Genisis, or any of the previous consoles. Then again, that was around the time the Sega Dreamcast came out to, I'm suprised it the Sega Dreamcast sold so few consoles. Might have been because people prefered the Playstation.

18. hat

hat Inactive

mine was a game boy advance........i miss it......:'(

19. Blaze

Blaze Inactive

Mine was The First AND ALWAYS AWESOME "Sonic The Hedgehog" for the Sega Genesis. THEN i Played my ALL TIME fav "Secret Of Mana" for the SNES. I want to get it on the Wii Shop Channel. T-T
    But "Gunstar Heros" was the coolest for the Genesis.

20. aznbeatdown

aznbeatdown Inactive

Hmmmm, I don't if it's either the Gameboy Color or the Playstation 1.