What kind of programming?

Discussion in 'Game Programming & Design' started by WindowsXpHelp, Dec 13, 2009.

1. WindowsXpHelp

WindowsXpHelp Inactive

What kind of programming do you prefer?

2. andrew

andrew Inactive

do you mean programming language
    well i prefer C++ since it gives you the control and the speed as a low level language, for critical loops you can even use inline assembler to gain 30% of speed.
    For a beginner I'd prefer Visual Basic it gives you the control and enjoyment of an easy to use drag and drop system.
    So it's up to you what you choose.

3. Lil Foams

Lil Foams Keep up the Streak!

I prefer any kind that I can easily do. I mostly do batch, PHP and HTML.

4. Runner

Runner Inactive

i don't know because i don't program things

5. AaronK

AaronK Inactive

I have no idea what you are talking about.. xD

6. Yovielito

Yovielito Inactive

I prefer c++ and java programming language.

7. BPzeBanshee

BPzeBanshee Loading...

I've recently read a document about Small Basic, which is brilliant to get you into the basic idea of coding.
    Otherwise, for making games use Game Maker and learn GML. That's the best tool around and it gets your head geared into program development.

8. Billybob

Billybob Inactive

I like actionscript :/ I do a little php now and then, but AS2 is epic... Although I need to learn AS3 now because every flash game is changing too it, so it must be better... :/

9. Emp

Emp Inactive

Hmm, I prefer PHP and HTML

10. Reggie

Reggie Limit Breaker

I prefer XHTML, HTML and Java because they are eaiser to use when creating games and websites than Php and the other programming languages. CSS is good too, but it takes a lot of practice to get the use of its coding.

11. theyouthexpress

theyouthexpress Inactive

I prefer C++ because I'm learning this language from my brother..

12. Outerspace

Outerspace Plebian

TI-BASIC and Assembly are my favorite languages.

Assembly because it runs faster than any other language (except binary), and because it's challenging and gives you more knowledge of algorithms.

TI-BASIC because it teaches a basic overview of languages and I can bring it with me anywhere and learn it during math class or my free periods...

Besides those, I know C++, Javascript, HTML, PHP, and SQL. Still learning Java.

13. Fenrir

Fenrir Luminary of the stars!!

well, im currently learning Visual Basic coding, i know a good deal of HTML, javascript and a little bit of java itself,and i know GML- game maker language which i prefer currently.

i plan on learning C++ and any type of coding related to game development which is what i will be going for in college.

14. Outerspace

Outerspace Plebian

GML was my first language, :lol:. It was a good starting point for my programming. My registered copy is on a old computer and Yoyo games disabled old serial numbers, which is stupid. They also raised the price to 40 and disabled saving gif files. For these reasons Game maker is over to me which ended my gml programming. Java is pretty similar though.