What do you think about the layout/color scheme?

Discussion in 'Questions Assistance & Feedback' started by Sykikal, Apr 13, 2014.

?

Should I keep the current theme?

Poll closed Jun 13, 2014.
  1. Yes, keep the current theme.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, restore the old dark blue theme.

50.0%
  3. No, make an entirely new theme. (Please specify)

50.0%
  1. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

I'm currently using the default color scheme, (white background, black text, blue links). What do you think of it? Should I keep it the way it is or change it? What should I change it to?

2. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

I didn't really like the old theme much until I had to look at this sickening garbage. I'd suggest going back to the old color scheme or something black.

Edit: It would be nice to have A box that showed the newest posts without having to click new posts. before I could just refresh for updates.

3. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

I'm gone for two days and everything changes :lol:. It's different for sure, I can get used to it but it is pretty bright. I don't recommend a really dark black theme because of the instant after image effect everyone will get after browsing the forum. The blue wasn't so bad, it had a few issues that bothered me but the color scheme was okay. If it were possible to make a whole new theme that would be awesome, I'm not much for ideas on what it could be right now though.

4. Lavitz

Lavitz Inactive Staff Member

Something dark, it's easier on the eyes

CROWley likes this.
  5. Seth

Seth Fame Had An IV

I really like the dark theme

6. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

Would it be possible to maybe lighten up the dark theme a bit? Make the background a bit lighter grayish or a similar theme like that? I like it but going from browsing the forum to a then white web page on other sites is an eye shock. I could just use the white theme but it's ugly in comparison

It's easier on the eyes and helps people pay attention when reading something long and in-depth when it's a dark on light tone. Light on dark is more for scanning text but not really reading it. Plus light on dark is harder to read for some people with dyslexia

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  7. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

It was gray before but I think he changed it to this very dark blue. I kind of like it better this way. Can you tell me the hex color code of the gray you had in mind?

8. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

Oh it's not the dark blue that's the issue, just the background is a bit on the darker gray side and I'd prefer something a bit lighter, I can't really give you a hex code for a color since I don't know how it would look on the forum with everything else, any kind lighter gray would probably do.