Mario What controller do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Sykikal, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Miniryu

Miniryu Inactive

I use the Gamecube controller EVERY time. It's better than that plastic. o: Easiest controller, I got really good at MKWii, with my trusty GC control.

2. Nin10dO

Nin10dO Inactive

A while I said "GCN" but the analog sticks gets ruined easily, so I prefer the nunchuck, but its battery wastes. :@ :'(

3. iEmily52

iEmily52 Inactive

Wii Wheel..

Yeah, I'd prefer the Wii Wheel because I have much more control with it... :woop:

4. Reggie

Reggie Limit Breaker

I kind of agree with this, that the Wii controller is easier to control. I normally use this to play Boxing with someone, and would use it to steer whenever I am playing a car-racing game.

5. Air

Air Loading...

Well, I always use the Wii Wheel. I hardly ever use any other controller for it because it would be to confusing after using the Wii Wheel for so long.

6. Sealseal

Sealseal Inactive

i like the gcn controller...considering its pretty easy to use.

7. krackers

krackers Inactive

wii wheel! Easiest, and you get the experience of driving! What more could you want?

8. Nutmeg

Nutmeg Inactive

wii wheel of course. It makes the games more fun. If you want to use GCN, why didn't you get an xbox360 or a playstation? Wii was made and lives souly off of its ability to sense motion.

9. Kaix

Kaix Inactive

Wii Wheel is the best option. If I can't use that then, the GCN controller is the next thing I'll use.

10. krackers

krackers Inactive

Wii Wheel! for the same reason nutmeg said. Wii is special for it's sensing.

11. tomhammer3

tomhammer3 Inactive

I prefer either joystick format for serious gameplay, but for recreational, or random racing which I usually just mess around in, I prefer the wheel. The wheel makes the races much more interesting because it actually gives a moderate feel of driving.

12. Nin10dO

Nin10dO Inactive

I don't think that the "Wii Wheel" makes it feel realistic, its just drains your Wii mote battery.

13. tomhammer3

tomhammer3 Inactive

:lol: well it feels more like driving that the controller =P and thats what matters XD

14. krackers

krackers Inactive

Exactly. It gives the true feel of driving. Whereas the other controllers feel like you are playing an arcade game with a joystick.

15. tomhammer3

tomhammer3 Inactive

I just said that o.o...

But I have to disagree with you on the "true feel of driving" part, because its not a true feeling at all. You're holding a button down, not a pedal. There's tons of obstacles and other crap on the road that couldn't possibly be there so commonly (the items in case you didn't catch my drift). The only realistic part is tilting the wheel left turns you left, and tilting the wheel right turns you right.

16. Kaix

Kaix Inactive

o.o

Wow Tom voice of reason? Some small animal just died horribly somewhere.. anyway I agree with you ;3 and considering I drive in real life, Wii is by NO means (minus the tilting) related to a real driving experience. But even in real life you don't "tilt" the wheel that much unless its a small vehicle like the driving school test cars. I drive a truck and Wii is nowhere close to it.

17. tomhammer3

tomhammer3 Inactive

Lol I think I can top you vehicle wise kaix, my family has an RV... ya... top that.

Anyways I actually just played a round of mariokart like half an hour ago, and it was NOTHING close to what I normally played... In first I kept getting a lightning and a blue shell somehow, which really sucked, because a blue shell of my own is what screwed me over just as I was neck and neck and about to cross the finish line.

18. Kaix

Kaix Inactive

This isn't a vehicle contest tom <,< and considering you can't drive (or you're not old enough to) you didn't exactly beat me.

Shells have a tendency to do that XD I hate it. I feel your pain.

19. Nutmeg

Nutmeg Inactive

Going along with the driving in real life theme. Drivers ED is the most boring class I have ever sat through. :cross:

20. Kaix

Kaix Inactive

Indeed. Did you know it's a national requirement that if you are 17 or older its only 6 hours worth? XD I feel sorry for all of those who have to have 38 hours worth. But back on the subject of the thread I just played mario cart <,< I suffered the same fate as Tom.. those stupid shells...