Mario What controller do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Sykikal, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

Just wondering, what controller do you most often use while playing Mario Kart Wii? I tend to use the Wii wheel... I just feel it's more fun actually driving, and it's the way the game was meant to be played.. I'm worried that I'm sacrificing my overall speed for it though, because I tend to use Automatic instead of Manual.

What about you? What controller do you prefer?

2. Super Smash Bros. Fan

Super Smash Bros. Fan My first forum...

I also perfer the Wii Wheel. In fact, 99% of the time, either with friends (Either them or me since I only have one.) or by myself, except when I forget that I'm not using it, not to mention I am a much worse racer without it. I also highly perfer Automatic, except in the Super Mario Kart 3 stage on Time Mode, when I use Manual. Everywhere else, I like to use Automatic since you go much faster without having to boost. I wonder why people can easily master it while I'm having trouble with it on most stage. Then again, I never like using Manual on games.

Oh that remind me. Hey Phsycical, can I have your Friend Code on Mario Kart Wii? I also like to thank you very much for putting the efforts to add this game in the Specific Games Section.

3. Yukinari

Yukinari Keep up the Streak!

Wii Wheel from the start, never had used anything else. I beat all cups with the Wii Wheel as well, with automatic.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2009
  4. Seth

Seth Fame Had An IV

When I had this horrible game I used the Wii wheel.

5. Schlatter

Schlatter Inactive

GameCube controller.... It's much more comfortable to me. It’s easy to hit the wheeling button, and execute tricks. When I use the Wii Wheel, I never got the sense that I was actually driving. It just felt really unreliable to hit tricks, perform Powerslides and cancel wheelies. I use manual on the GC controller because I am always wheelie-ing. I mean not on just straight always, but literally every time I’m on the ground. I use manual to jump to cancel the wheelies when I need to turn. Also, Powerslides do help a lot. It was never hard for me to get used to manual, I don't see the big deal...

6. Super Smash Bros. Fan

This game is not horrible. It's a great game. You just have a bad taste for racing games.

7. Seth

Seth Fame Had An IV

This isnt even a racing game.

If you want racing play Grand Turismo. Or Need for speed.

Or cant you play REAL racing games because they have cops in them?

8. Schlatter

Schlatter Inactive

It is a racing game. Its a unique style of a racing game, which is where most of its success comes from.

9. Lavitz

Lavitz Inactive Staff Member

I can't remember...when I played it I think I used Wiimote/chuck..

10. Curtis

Curtis Inactive

Lol!!! You used the Wii Mote/chuck for this game.. Haha!! I'm just doing the same to you Gmoz..

11. MasterfulVivi

MasterfulVivi Inactive

WiiChuk probably.

12. Super Smash Bros. Fan

I never even thought Nintendo would want to do Wiimote/Nunchuck. Now that Gmoz say it's his favorite, I have to say it humorous that he even likes it. Never tried it before, and never will.

13. Schlatter

Schlatter Inactive

Am I missing something? Why is the wii mote and nunchuck funny? Its just like the gc controller broken into two.

14. Super Smash Bros. Fan

They are not funny. It's just that using them for Mario Kart Wii and people blurt out that it's there favorite control scheme is when it's funny. Yes I played Mario Kart: Double Dash!, but Mario Kart Wii give you the ability to more or less feel like your actually racing. Even the Sony's Grand Turismo series can't compare to that. Sure the PS3 controller is wireless, and it's a extremly hardcore game, but you can't just steer the DualShock 3 controller left and right to move left and right. The Wii Wheel and even the Wii Mote feel more natural when racing. Hopefully, they'll adapt this into used. After all, Nintendo Wii has a more advance control set-up, it's just that many games don't use them to there advantage.

15. ishmaelman4466

ishmaelman4466 Inactive

GCN controller for me.

16. Super Smash Bros. Fan

Good choice. Never tried it, but would had been great if I still had one.

Anyway, come check out my profile eventually. Your going to be surpraised and excited!

17. Noah

Noah Inactive

I like using the wii wheel cause I like the experience and the fact I don't know how to use the other ways LOL

18. Seth

Seth Fame Had An IV

Stop telling everyone too check out your profile. kthnx.

*Surprized.

19. Blaze

Blaze Inactive

GameCube Controller.
    It feels.. easyier to Drift...

20. Schlatter

Schlatter Inactive

K, It must be just me, but the wii wheel is a piece of crap compared to the GCN controller. Its unreliable to execute tricks, wheelies and drifting is difficult, making it hard to get used to.