Were you ever scammed/phished?

Discussion in 'Xat (archive)' started by Spell-checker, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Spell-checker

Spell-checker Junior Gamer

If you have ever been scammed or phished, share your story here. It could be IDs, powers, xats, days.

My story: The first time I traded was with a guy named Junior, I was trying to buy nameglow for 300 xats(Silly me, people on trade don't sell that cheap), and he kept un-adding nameglow, and re-adding it, but not so often for me to suspect anything, and eventually when I clicked accept, I didn't get nameglow. I even said "thanks" afterwards, not knowing what had went on. Also, at another point after, I had gotten scammed of a noaudies and a shuffle, I tried to sell it for 3 days, but they had put it as 3 xats.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
  2. Reggie

Reggie Limit Breaker

I have been phished and swindled a few times. The first time someone defrauded me was in midsummer 2009. I was in the MySpace chat group, where someone offered to give me free subscriber days and promotion (I think that is when promotion came out) if I go to the official-looking website and put in my Xat email and password. I did, so the website took 1,000 of my xats. The owner of that website apologized to me and said 42 would give them back to me, making me believe in what he says. Later that night, I found 42 in the Home chat group and notified him of the phishing. He told me what phishing was and told me to report any further official-looking websites. He tells me that I will know not to get on fake websites again. The net morning, I told Darren in the Help chat. He felt bad about this, since this was my first time being on Xat. He gave me 60 subscriber days if I promise not to tell anyone, so he did.

After that, I traded my xats and days with someone using the Transfer button (that is when Trade was unreleased). The dude never gave me the xats I traded him for back.

That is not all. I owned this chat called “The Warner Brothers (TWB was the link) I lost my chat to someone after he or she reported it. As a result, I lost “All Powers” the next day. I am unsure if I lost them due to buying excessive subscriber days from PayPal. Therefore, my account remain locked, and it is still locked (until I logged into the 72047515, an account I am on was never compromised, so I am on this one from now on).

That is the story about my defrauding and phishing incidents.

3. Rain

Rain Inactive

Scammed

One Time I was scammed for Allpowers when I went to trade (This was on the old trade like back in 08) The Guy removed the xats and he was supposed to give 5000 but he gave 500 so I screenshotted and the mods didn't help at all.

4. bunker

bunker Inactive

i never got because i dont have powers :P

Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  5. mmmdonut

mmmdonut Inactive

oh yes i have been scammed about twice. the first time i was selling gkaliens
    the guy the wanted it said 830 xats sounded good then when we put everything in and i clicked trade it saidare you sure you are being scammed then i told him to offer more then he said scammer!!:@ then i felt pressured somehow idk i was dumb then i clicked accept then later on i realized i have only plus 100 xats then i logged back in and it was a the same then i realized i must have bought it for only 100 xats!!!!!! eh but i got over it the second time a guy 'doubled my powers using a trick then when i wanted him to double somemore he eventually left he was a mod at a chat and once i posted of video of me and him in pc he left and nvr returned to xat again i woukd know since i added him as friend unlees he managed to make another account and transfer all his xats/powers/days to another account :L

6. Nix

Nix Inactive

I've been scammed out of 10k and Phished out of 26k and 77 days

7. Franky

Franky Junior Gamer

Never been phished or scammed. I keep a very close eye on what's going on. Once you see "updated" you'll know pretty fast if things has changed. Always double check before and after you type your password, and once more before you press accept. If somehow they do take something out, you will see it say "updated" and you can go from there. If you're also wondering why someone is selling something lower then usual, that should automatically be a red flag. Pay very close attention when making a trade, you will get people trying to scam.

If you forget, use the people who say they can double your powers as a reminder that scammers are in scam mode and ready to do whatever it takes to get your xats and days.

8. CYANID3

CYANID3 Inactive

Nope ive never been scammed or phished, but i usually do the scamming/phishing/RATing. :stab:

9. Avion

Avion Inactive

I got scammed out of purple because I thought I could trust almost anyone who was a friend (or so I thought). ;D

10. Nin10dO

Nin10dO Inactive

I was, but I got scammed like 1,000 xats because someone didn't put all the powers. Till this day, I don't buy allpowers together.

11. mmmdonut

mmmdonut Inactive

how the heck did you allow that to happen there would be a world war 3 if that was me :@

12. WnE

WnE Inactive

Wow Nix, that is an extreme amount.

Ive been scammed out of a Heart power and 500 xats. I was at trade, trading when Heart FIRST rose to over 1k, and i was selling a extra, and IDK what happened but i ended up trading and i got 0 xats/days and my Heart Power was gone. Tragic