VGI fights the Rebels

Discussion in 'Shadowray plays FTL' started by shadowray7, May 18, 2015.

1. shadowray7

shadowray7 Resident Maki Worshipper

Okay let's start this shit with an easy to use ship.
    [​IMG]
    Kestral B, AKA The Red-Tail.
    WELL NOT TODAY IT IS. TODAY IT'S THE HOME OF VGI.
    We're all probably going to die. Phsyical is our captain today. I just called him Sykikal ingame because that's his actual username now. Same deal with Gmoz/Lavitz. Pointy is our Mantis because... he's pointy. And Seth is our Zoltan because he's fabulous like that.

Anyways The Red-Tail is a relatively easy to use ship due to having a high starting Weapons System of 4 and a versatile crew.
    Human units are uninteresting and hold no real special effects. Unless you count their ability to learn skills faster than other races.
    Zoltans are squishy units who explode upon death and have the ability to charge the system of whatever room they're in. So they can extend your ship's reactor power without actually investing into the reactor, but are really fragile for the most part. They can also man systems such as the Shields, Weapons etc so you can get those bonuses too.
    Mantis are fast and excel at fighting others. They suck at fixing shit though.

ALRIGHT VGI WE GOTTA GET BACK TO HOME BASE BEFORE THOSE REBELS FUCK OUR SHIT. THEY'RE CHASING THE FUCK OUT OF US SO WE GOTTA MOVE

[​IMG]
    Nebulas are nice. They can delay the Rebel that are chasing us by a bit. Just you know, hope there's no Ion Storms in there.

[​IMG]
    First Contact... and he was a pushover.

[​IMG]
    Oh boy a quest.

[​IMG]
    Yep, this sector is going to be good. Let's go check out that Quest Beacon.

[​IMG]
    OH GOD ASSHOLE MANTIS SHIP WANTS TO CUDDLE WITH US.
    Wait. Only a laser and what looks like an Ion Stunner? Meh, I'll probably be fine.

[​IMG]
    I realize Seth should be on Shields and not Weapons. See Shields take ion damage before anything else, unless you count ion bombs. And Zoltan's energy power abilities bypass those ion shenanigans for some reason. So yeah should dump Zoltans in your shields.

Anyways let's check out that Distress Beacon
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Please don't eat me.

[​IMG]
    Oh good you didn't eat me. Wait. Charlie? That's name is not VGI material sir. I'm going to have to change it against your will.

[​IMG]
    There we go. Anyways, Miles is an Engi. They're good at fixing shit. They suck at fighting though. Hm... wonder what job to give him. All the mandatory systems are manned already.

[​IMG]
    Miles is the door man. Yep yep. Engies are good doormen honestly. Cause like you don't need those doors to be fortified all the time and Engies need to be able to move to different places to fix all your shit.

Let's go check out that shop.
    [​IMG]
    OH FUCK YOU GAME. EVEN IF I COULD AFFORD THAT, BUYING THAT WITHOUT UPGRADING MY SHIELDS FIRST IS JUST PLAIN SUICIDAL.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Eventful.

[​IMG]
    Hacking Auto-Scout in the nebula. Traveling in Nebulas disable your sensors so blec. Well I guess I don't really NEED sensors but still. He better not hack my shields though.

[​IMG]
    It hacked my nonfunctioning sensors. I'm okay with this.

[​IMG]
    Another Auto-scout in the nebula. Whatever man. You don't look as threatening as the last one so blec.

[​IMG]
    OH GOD HIS MISSILE LAUNCHER SET MY WEAPONS ON FIRE AND HE HACKED MY PILOTING SYSTEM.

[​IMG]
    FUCK YOUR MISSILE LAUNCHER

[​IMG]
    Okay let's just upgrade our shields before I run into another asshole with a Burst Laser 3.

Let's just make our way to the exit beacon of the sector.
    [​IMG]
    Let's go bribe the rebels cause I'm lazy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

.... Well I guess that was a waste. Probably should have fought those rebels.

[​IMG]
    And now we just gotta choose a sector. Red sectors tend to have a lot of combat. Green sectors tend to have more stores than red ones. Nebulas tend to have a whole lot of fucking nothing but Ion Storms. Unless it's a slug sector, in which case it has nothing but store with overpriced wares. Let's go down this path since more combat = more scrap.

Sector 2: Coming soon

Sykikal likes this.
  2. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

:y14:With that kind of attitude maybe you all will.

Maybe expand that to out of game as well some day:P. It's been more than two years now.

I don't completely understand the game mechanics but I'm enjoying your storytelling. Looking forward to seeing what happens next.

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  3. shadowray7

And here it comes, Sector 2
    Here comes the map
    [​IMG]
    Couple nebulas there, other than that nothing too notable

[​IMG]
    Hello Autoscout, my old friend.
    [​IMG]
    17 Scrap. What a waste of time.
    [​IMG]
    NOPE! NOT A WASTE OF TIME

[​IMG]
    Quest inbound
    [​IMG]
    Quest beacon near the exit. It can probably wait till then.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    GET NUKED
    [​IMG]
    LOL, NOPE

Found a sho-
    [​IMG]
    SWARM
    SWARM
    SWARM
    SWARMSWARMSWARMSWARMSWARMSWARMSWARMSWARMSWARMSWARMSWARMSWARMSWARMSWARMSWARMSWARMSWARMSWARMSWARMSWARMSWARMSWARMSWARMSWARM

Swarm missles are so good. Lets you fire 3 shield piercing missiles at the cost of only 1 missile and 2 power. Basically OP

[​IMG]
    Those boarders though. They're so silly. I just suffocated them.

Made it to the quest beacon
    [​IMG]
    Oh good, heals.

[​IMG]
    Fuel. Don't really need it though so I didn't buy anything

[​IMG]
    And we're done.

So all in all, other than getting swarm missiles, nothing of interest happened in sector 2 I HOPE YOU LOVED THAT FILLER

Fenrir likes this.
  4. Sykikal

Maybe I ought to play this game eventually so I know what is going on. I suppose it's good that we/you got an overpowered weapon. Besides which, having lots of filler just means you're leading up to the big climax right? :gengar:

Shadow likes this.
  5. Sykikal

You have forsaken us all.

6. Pointy

Pointy (☞゚∀゚)☞ Staff Member

To war.

7. Numb

Numb None of this matters

It's always Ray's fault.

8. Sykikal

1 year anniversary of shadowray forsaking us all.

9. shadowray7

Sector 3
    [​IMG]
    Time to fuck up some rocks

[​IMG]
    ROCKS WANNA FUCK PHSY'S SQUISHY HUMAN BODY UP

[​IMG]
    They didn't stand a chance

[​IMG]
    Can't afford. Phsy stop wasting your funds on useless shit like fuel. I mean, who needs fuel?

[​IMG]
    Crew Members are nice though.

[​IMG]
    "Shut up, Nerd!"

[​IMG]
    Oh man, those giant bugs fucking with rock people? GUESS WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS

[​IMG]
    "SHUT UP, NERD!"
    At least that's what imagined how Numb would handle those mantis assholes.

[​IMG]
    Let pointy deal with these nerds.

[​IMG]
    And now nuke literally everything on their ship. Have fun having NO OXYGEN.

[​IMG]
    Thanks for all your shit

[​IMG]
    Man Phsy, what is with you and rock people?
    [​IMG]
    Oh that explains it.

[​IMG]
    Just suffocate them, rock people need oxygen too.

[​IMG]
    DEAD

[​IMG]
    Protip: You can reoxygenize rooms faster by opening doors to rooms with oxygen inside. Just make sure the air locks are closed unless you want to smother everyone.

[​IMG]
    ROCKS ON FIRE. Fuck that sun.

[​IMG]
    Oh okay. I'll take that.

[​IMG]
    K.

[​IMG]
    DON'T WORRY PROBABLY EVIL PERSON, VGI WILL COME RESCUE YOU

[​IMG]
    Spoopy :boo16:

[​IMG]
    WOW FUCKING NOTHING BUT DAMAGE, RIP SPOOPY SHIP
    We will never discover the secrets of the ship in the asteroid field now

[​IMG]
    Oh good, a store now we can repair all that hull dam- wait
    WE BOARDING SHIPS NOW

[​IMG]
    ALRIGHT NUMB, YOU READY TO PUNCH SOME NERDS

[​IMG]
    Time to visit Seth's fabulous homeworld.

Sykikal likes this.
  10. Sykikal

Buying fuel. Seems like something I'd do.

It's been a year since you posted this story. That's as much time as TV shows normally get to release an entire season. I get that you're not keeping up with your original "at least 1 comic per month" schedule, I'm not asking you to rush them because I realize this type of comedy and storytelling takes time but I would have thought you could at least make an annual comic or something. Are we ever going to find out what's happening on Seth's homeworld?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  11. Sykikal

RIP VGI

May 2015 - February 2018

[​IMG]

12. Pointy

Pointy (☞゚∀゚)☞ Staff Member

For the Swarm.

13. shadowray7