Veng's Starbucks adventures

Discussion in 'Veng's Randomness' started by vengvong, Feb 19, 2016.

1. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

Here I'll be posting and discussing my Starbucks adventures.

Today I went out with my friend to get some Starbucks and eat at a restaurant
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

What's your favorite coffee?

3. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

By coffee did you mean any beverage that Starbucks specializes in, or did you actually mean coffee?

Asking bc not all Frappuccinos are considered coffee

4. Sykikal

I meant actual coffees, but now that you mention it I'm also curious about which drink is your favorite too.

5. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

My favourite drink (so far) is the Green Tea frappuccino, with the Vanilla Bean Creme coming close in second (i still have lots of flavours to try!)

As for coffee, I don't think I've bought Starbucks-made coffee before, other than the samples they occasionally give. Today they gave a True North Blend sample, and with sugar and cream I thought it was pretty good. I've yet to try the world of Starbucks coffee

6. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

So all the sugar in the frappuccinos I drunk increased my blood pressure significantly, which made my nose start bleeding again. I'm not gonna drink that much for a while.

Edit:

Shit, so I had 2 Green Tea frappes (Venti), 1 Vanilla Bean Creme frappe (Venti) and 1 Smoked Butterscotch frappe (Grande) (I gave a coffee frappe to my friend because i was full, that's the third in the images)

http://www.starbucks.com/menu/drinks/frappuccino-blended-beverages/tazo-green-tea-frappuccino-blended-crème#size=11002682&milk=67&whip=125

http://www.starbucks.com/menu/drink...ended-beverage#size=11056852&milk=67&whip=125

http://www.starbucks.com/menu/drinks/frappuccino-blended-beverages/vanilla-bean-crème-frappuccino-blended-crème#size=11002691&milk=67&whip=125

88 grams of sugar in the Green Tea x 2 = 176g
    65 grams of sugar in the Smoked Butterscotch = 65g
    73 grams of sugar in the Vanilla Bean Creme = 73g

That's 314 grams of sugar in just the drinks, I also went out to eat lunch so that's even more sugar

You have 4 calories per gram of sugar, so that's 1256 calories from sugar right there, and 1480 total calories

"Pre-teen and teens averaging 1,800 to 2,000 calories per day should not have more than 5 to 8 teaspoons (20 to 32 grams) of added sugarper day."

I'm literally screwed, I'm gonna die of a heart attack, welp

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  7. Sykikal

Once you get the money you're going right back to Starbucks, aren't you?:rolleyes:

8. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

I still have $35 in my starbucks account but holy snap I'm dying I won't be going back for a while

9. Numb

Numb None of this matters

What a waste of money.

10. Lavitz

Lavitz Inactive Staff Member

what the fuck

11. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

I've resorted to drinking lots of water to lower blood pressure and pee out excess sugar (if that's even a thing)

I should be fine with more starbucks, life is good

12. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

Got more Green Tea today :)
    [​IMG]

13. Sykikal

14. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

15. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

So I bought 2 Starbucks green tea frappuccinos at lunch. That, plus the cold weather, plus the fact that I've been sick for the past 2 weeks, that led me to throw up in class and have a constant cough (not good!!)

16. Sykikal

Maybe you should consider seeing coffeeholics anonymous Kappa

17. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I DID IT EVERYONE I FINALLY DID IT

18. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

I am a happy boy
    [​IMG]