User information to the left

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Sykikal, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

Hello, you probably noticed that the information of who made the post (username, post count, custom title, experience, etc.) is now located to the left of the post, rather than at the top.

With posts that are extremely long vertically, like guides or posts that contain paragraphs of information, this makes sense. As it is just a note at the top, and the rest of the post isn't hampered by the bar.

With posts that are longer vertically however, or short posts that contain only a few sentences, having an extra bar at the top actually takes up a lot more space.

Most posts on the forums are only a sentence or two. This will probably be true now more than ever since I disabled the 25 character limit.

That being said, I've moved the bar to the left as opposed to the top. This will help save valuable space, making it easier for you to scroll through the posts.

Since reviews are intended to be long, the information will still be located at the top in the reviews section.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  2. Gino

Gino Inactive

Ooh looks weird but kinda cool :P Well that must be cause im not used to it :) But i think this will help save more space lika ya said.

3. Lavitz

Lavitz Inactive Staff Member

Looks good, might take some time to get used to it but I can see how it helps distinguish posts

4. Nin10dO

Nin10dO Inactive

Alright. It looks like other forums I visited before. This display is better.

5. Lavitz

Only problem is my sig keeps disappearing
    EDIT: nvm it just isn't showing in some posts :s

6. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

Put a check mark on "Show your signature" under Miscellaneous Options when posting or editing your message. When you have no signature, this is off by default, so older posts might not have your signature unless you edit them and check the box.

7. Lavitz

Ok that makes sense, I had none for a while