Uncharted trilogy includes beta for Uncharted 4 Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Sykikal, Jun 4, 2015.

• by Sykikal, Jun 4, 2015 at 9:55 AM
  • Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

[​IMG]

Sony recently announced that the Uncharted: The Nathan Drake collection, which includes Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves and Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception will be available exclusively on PlayStation 4, and is scheduled to release October 7th in Europe and October 9th in the United States. The trailer for the game can be viewed below:

The remake will be created by Bluepoint Games, and the games will run at 1080p and 60fps, and will include improved lighting, textures, models and other enhancements. People who preorder the trilogy will receive the Golden AK-47 and Golden 92FS guns.

Buying the trilogy also gives players access to a multiplayer beta of Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End. Uncharted 4 is scheduled to release on PlayStation 4 in 2016.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  • Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Sykikal, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Lavitz
    Remaster everything! Why even buy games anymore? They'll just be remastered next gen
    CROWley likes this.
  2. Sykikal
    Yeah, I feel like they've gone a bit overboard with the remasters. Though a lot of people who have the PlayStation 4 don't even have a PlayStation 3 so I feel like there's no harm in it. I'm sort of interested in this because I still haven't gotten around to playing Uncharted. If I had already played the games I probably wouldn't bother.

To be honest, you sort of know when it comes to games, movies, or anything that a better version will probably be released later on. Movies will eventually go to Blu-ray, occasionally with extra content, deleted scenes, etc. It might even make it's way to Netflix or TV eventually.

Games will get discounts later on and "Game of the Year Editions" and some of the better ones will eventually get remasters. Though I never thought "I wish I didn't buy God of War 3 because they're coming out with a remaster in 6 years". If you want to wait for a discounted/game of the year/HD edition that's up to you though. I frequently do wait for games to go on sale.
  3. Lavitz
    I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything by not having a PS4, everything worth playing is on PC or coming to PC, and everything else is a remaster of a PS3 game. The only game I can think of is Bloodborne. It still kinda baffles me that it's selling so well when you see a comparison of the PS2 and PS4's early games http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/70474278
  4. CROWley
    You mean current gen?

Well, there's one game I want for the PS4 now. I played Uncharted 3 for several hours because it came with my PS3. It was fun as hell and probably why I never touched Ni No Kuni. I accidentally sold it in 2014 when I was trying to get money to buy my White Top Hat. I could re-purchase it for PS3 but why bother when there's a better version cumming to PS4 and I'm in no hurry to play anyway.
  5. Lavitz
    No I mean next gen, as in games currently being released by Sony on PS4 will just be remastered next gen on the next console. It's even at the point where they're remastering remasters.
    CROWley likes this.
  6. CROWley
    This was funny until I realized how true it is.
    Halo: Xbox
    Halo: CE Anniv: Xbox 360
    Halo: CE Anniv: Xbone
    Lavitz likes this.
  7. Sykikal
    I just found this out. An employee answering people in comments said there's going to be no online multiplayer for the remaster.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015...than-drake-collection-out-october-9th-on-ps4/

That's pretty bad to cut out a significant portion of the game like that, they could have included crossplay, it's been done before. I'd have more respect for them if they just said "We didn't want to invest development time into it" or "We wanted to make sure it was out by the holidays" instead of pretending like it somehow benefits us.