Trophy suggestions

Discussion in 'Questions Assistance & Feedback' started by Sykikal, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

Yes, you're probably the only one who is getting it at the moment.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  2. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

Woot!

3. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

What about some kind of trophy for completing games on your backlog?

CROWley likes this.
  4. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

I agree. That sounds like an excellent idea.

Over the past couple years Lavitz made a backlog challenge thread and I made the one for this year. What if you made it some kind of VGI yearly challenge. You could have a trophy for participating and clearing a certain number of games. To make that work I'm guessing people would have to enter with X number of games and complete X of them or X% of them. That way people couldn't just join and get a free trophy.

(What are trophy's for here anyway?)

5. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

I assume we'd have to come up with some way to prove we've beaten a game. A lot of games have end game achievements but not all, especially classics.

6. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

I was just thinking along the lines of people posting a ton of games and then not really bothering beyond that. We could all link to our Backloggery accounts.

7. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

Yeah but them anyone could just post a completed game and claim they beat it. I was thinking maybe some end game screenshot but even those you can find on google. Don't know if there would be a way to personalize it.

8. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

The whole screenshot thing sounds like a pain in the ass. Somebody willing to make a Backloggery account and fake completed games for a trophy on a site, a trophy that doesn't do anything by the way, is one pathetic sad mofo. It's not even a trophy earned, it means even less. If they're that pathetic and their life is that sad, let them have it.

9. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

I suppose so but I've seen trolls and pathetic people go through worse for less

10. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

People will probably do it, I just wanted to insult them while I was at it. One thing is, this isn't some huge community. The first people that cum to mind in terms of joining the backlog challenge probably wouldn't lie about it. The people here who are actually gamers.

11. Sykikal

This seems doable. I wouldn't want a trophy for just overall completed games, that is to say, someone completing a bunch of games on the past, then later signing up to VGI and saying "Hey, I completed these games in the past. You should give me all these trophies" but if someone added games to their blacklog thread on VGI and committed in advance to beating them and then beat them, that could work. Games on the PS3/pS4/X360/Xbone have some sort of achievement system, so we might be able to verify if you actually completed the game that way. For PC games, Steam achievements are in some of the games, for those that don't have steam achievement the user could probably take a screenshot or something similar. Wii U and 3DS both have a screenshot feature http://www.wikihow.com/Take-Screenshots-with-the-3DS, I might consider an honor system with these though since it is so much more inconvenient to access than the other systems.
    Full trophy list here http://www.videogameinfo.net/forums/help/trophies

12. Fenrir

Fenrir Luminary of the stars!!

Reviewer - review a game!

Too much water - Review five games !

13. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

Too much water?

Anyway how about one for owning a certain amount of games?

"Why can't I hold all these games?"

14. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

Don't people come here because they play games? lmao

CROWley likes this.
  15. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

Yeah but some of us have like 500+ games. Unless you're just starting out, no one will have like half a dozen games.

16. Fenrir

Fenrir Luminary of the stars!!

17. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

What would an appropriate number of games be for the achievement?

18. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

That's something Syk might have to figure out. I'd say maybe 250? Maybe there could be more than one trophy? Like for owning 50 games then 250, then 500+ etc but it's his call

19. Sykikal

Nah, needs to be more VGI related than that. It could just be someone who got a lot of Humblebundles. Plus if people have games on multiples services I don't want to count all of them up.

20. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

I agree, that's kinda stupid. Anybody can go online or to game stores and get lots of 1$ games they'll never beat or get a bunch of Humble Bundles. When I first started out as a gamer/collector I thought I wanted a bunch of games and consoles. How wrong I was. Only buy games you want and think you'll enjoy, I try to tell people that now.

With the backlog challenge, it's something we can all do together. We can see what games people are playing and have beat and talk about them.