Trophy suggestions

Discussion in 'Questions Assistance & Feedback' started by Sykikal, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

I'm looking for trophy suggestions. Here's what I have so far

http://videogameinfo.net/forums/help/trophies

Once I get a list of trophies I'm good with, I'll go about replacing the old user ranks with new user ranks, eg. people will become what were previously called "badgeholders" and get access to special features on the site like colored text, custom user title, etc. through use of trophy points rather than the simple "500 post" mark. Name suggestions are helpful as well. Hopefully someone can come up with names more creative than the simple "500 post" and "1,000 post" trophies I came up with.

2. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

"User has associated their forum account with Google Plus, Twitter, or Facebook."

How do you even do that?

3. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

4. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

The usual trophies for the amount of posts and likes, first of all.

Here's some ones I thought of

Threads:

-(insert title here)
    Post a thread that receives over (x) replies.

-(insert title here)
    Participate in a thread that has over (x) replies.

-Gravedigger
    Post in a thread that has not been replied to in (x) (weeks/months)

Followers:

-(insert title here)
    Have (x) people follow you.

-(insert title here)
    Follow over (x) people.

Other stuff I came up with:

-Notable!
    Be in the list of "Notable Members"

-The Flaws of Deaggerism
    Prove Deagger wrong.

-Unlawful
    Have your content on this site deleted by staff (x) times. (Maybe this could take away points)

-5 Day Milestone
    User has visited the forums 5 days in a row.

-10 Day Milestone
    User has visited the forums 10 days in a row.

(More milestones if needed)

-Happy Birthday!
    User has visited the site on their birthday (Birthdate must be in profile) (Maybe remove the ability for users to change their birthdate so this wouldn't be abused)

-New Year, New Beginning
    User has been logged in at midnight, January 1st

Sorry about the lack of titles, and if the titles were bad :l

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
    Shadow likes this.
  5. Seth

Seth Fame Had An IV

User has purchased Applause on iTunes
    User has purchased ARTPOP
    User has dealt with phsycical for five years
    User has dealt with the annoying new kids

Shadow likes this.
  6. Sykikal

Good catch. I actually hadn't put that feature in yet. Putting in your Twitter username is something that was carried over from vB3 and isn't actually the association that'll earn a user the trophy. I'll probably add it sometime in the next few days.

That's what the public awareness trophy is for.

I'm not really sure why I understand why participating in a thread that already has a lot of replies should get someone bonus points when compared to posting in a thread with not all that many replies. It'd just make the game threads like the "you're banned" game even more filled with useless posts.

I don't really feel this is something people should be rewarded or punished for. If they feel the thread should come back, it should be on its own merits. Rewarding people for it would just encourage people to bump up old threads for the sake of getting the award when there were better new threads out there, and the opposite would happen if I punished them for it.

I probably wouldn't want a large award for following people since there isn't much effort involved in that and it'd encourage following just for the sake of the award, but I suppose I could add an award for having followers.

Not out of the question but I'm leaning against it considering how often it changes and considering how easy it is to get on the "likes" or the "points" list.

Maybe

Not bad ideas, the problem is implementing them. I don't think Xenforo even keeps a record of everytime a user logs in, just their most recent login.

maybe

I don't really see the point of favoring one holiday over the other, and if it were for every holiday it'd make for too many easy points. Birthday is probably the most I'd want.

C'mon, am I that bad Seth? I wasn't aware that I had to be "dealt with". :grumpy:

7. Seth

Seth Fame Had An IV

phsycical i'm messing with you

8. BoldHeart

BoldHeart Loading...

trophies for likes? id be like leveling up
    1 like = 1 trophy
    5 likes = 1 trophies
    10 likes = 2 trophies
    15 likes = 2 trophies
    20 likes = 3 trophies
    25 likes = 3 trophies
    30 = 4 ect

9. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

-Unwanted
    User has caused another user to leave (gives negative points) (Must be awarded manually)

10. Numb

Numb None of this matters

Yeah, and when it's implemented you can get it for making me leave in disappointment if that passes. :^)

11. Fenrir

Fenrir Luminary of the stars!!

Dat music tho
    awarded if the Person has gotten atleast 10 likes for a link to a song and the person has a great taste in music.

Night owl

Awarded if the person has been on the website extremely late for at least 3-4 days

Early Bird

Awarded if the person has been on the site very early in the morning for atleast 3-4 days

These may sound dumb but i was thinking of a few..

12. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

According to Syk, Xenforo doesn't keep track of a user's logins.

13. Sykikal

I don't think anyone has gotten more than 5 l likes on any one post, so that might be a tad unrealistic. I also think that the early bird and night owl thing would be too easy plus there's the login issue as veng mentioned, but thanks for the suggestions. Just keep brainstorming.

14. Fenrir

Rotten egg - you have been reported atleast once
    Fun times!- participating in game night
    Streamer - streams themselves playing games on the forums

15. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

Chatterbox
    User has made [x] chat messages.
    (More trophies for more chat messages, but must be significantly higher)

The Flaws of Boldology
    Convince BoldHeart that he's wrong.
    (must give lots of points because this is hard)

Shadow and Pineapplease like this.
  16. Pineapplease

Pineapplease Gamer

Let the games begin.

17. Sykikal

It's kind of up to the person if they want to leave or not. Users shouldn't have to walk on eggshells and do stuff that isn't specified anywhere in the rules because somebody else might decide to leave.

Streaming one seems too easy imo and it'd just encourage people to advertise their streams. As far as reporting goes, anyone can file a report. Maybe a negative trophy for having a deleted message though. Fun times seems good but it was what I was already considering.

This is actually a good idea, I just don't know of a good way to actually count chatbox messages. I could probably figure something out though.

:facepalm:

18. Fenrir

Informal - Create a walkthrough on the forums!

Shadow likes this.
  19. Sykikal

I'm adding these awards, probably later today but at the latest by Wednesday. If someone can come up with better names let me know. I'm also considering an award for a person who "wins" a certain amount of game nights, it's just that a lot of the games we play go on several rounds and don't have a clearly defined "winner".

Good times:
    RSVP "Yes" or "Maybe" and participate in a game night. - 1 point

Fun times:
    RSVP "Yes" or "Maybe" and participate in five game nights. - 5 points

Great times:
    RSVP "Yes" or "Maybe" and participate in 15 game nights - 10 points.

Reliable:
    RSVP "Yes" or "Maybe" and attend 6 game nights in a row. If something unusual comes up and you know you won't be able to attend, you can RVSP "No" for one or two weeks without "breaking your chain". eg. If you attend 3 weeks with a yes RSVP, then give a "No" RSVP and don't attend, then attend an additional 3 weeks with a "Yes" RSVP you'll still qualify. 10 points

Informal- Create a walkthrough on the forum that is a minimum of 1,000 words. - 10 points

Note: I'll count the people who have attended without an RVSP for the first three weeks since they weren't aware of requirements if they specifically request it but from now on they'll need to RVSP.

20. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

Do I get the informal one since I made that Daylight guide? (which I need to update) it's 10537 words give or take a hundred