Trophy suggestions

Discussion in 'Questions Assistance & Feedback' started by Sykikal, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

I'm going to use Xenforo's built in trophy system in place of the awards system I used on the old forum (and the even older badges system). It's also going to be replacing the experience system, eg. perks will be decided based on trophies.

Here are the current trophies. Suggest ideas for new ones http://videogameinfo.net/forums/help/trophies

2. Fenrir

Fenrir Luminary of the stars!!

should add a console list so you can add what you own and when it counts up a certain amount have something like
    1 console = casual player
    5 consoles = gamer
    10 consoles =collector
    e.t.c

Edit: maybe an option to insert how many of the console in question you have and add a trophy like "duplicates" or something like that.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
    CROWley likes this.
  3. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

I don't own a console since I use my PC so I'd be less than a casual?

4. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

I'm personally against the idea. It should be based on forum achievements like getting a certain number of posts or likes or being here a certain number of years. Anyone can make up any number of consoles they own, and there are people like Deagger who bought a lot of consoles but don't use them regularly, and there are people who play often on one console and not others.

It'd also be easy for people to fib about it.

5. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

I agree with this and what Shatto said, anybody can own a ton of consoles, I think I have over 26. Not everybody is a console player or collector. Maybe you're a hardcore gamer but stick to a few consoles and PC. One idea that just crossed my mind, having to do with the Backlog Challenge thread, make an award for whoever had the most games completed/beaten. You could have awards for first and second and complete and beaten. I feel like the timed awards should include more posts. 5 years and 100 posts, would you really be a VGI vet at that point?

6. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

Yeah an award for completing actual games sounds more fitting