Top 20 Historical Laws

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Reggie, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Reggie

Reggie Limit Breaker

I found some wired laws while I was browsing the internet. Some of these laws are still in effect, and some of them are not. I thought that maybe it would be interesting for you all to see how strange it was for the government to prohibit us from doing certain things. Lucky, you probably don't hear many people breaking these laws and actually getting in trouble from them.

1. In Alabama, it is illegal to play dominoes on Sundays.
    2. In California, women are not allowed to wear a housecoat in their houses.
    3. In Florida, women may not go parachuting if she is not married.
    4. In Florida, no one can drive a skateboard without a skateboarding license.
    5. In Indiana, liquor stores may not sell soft drinks.
    6. Michigan prohibits anyone from swearing in front of women and children.
    7. In New York, it used to be illegal to flirt with others on the street; otherwise, the flirting person would be fined.
    8. In New York, you have to have a license to hang your clothes on a clothesline.
    9. Although a person successfully commits suicide jumping off a building in New York, the person will be on death parole.
    10. In North Dakota, as my brother does every night, it is illegal to sleep with your shoes on.
    11. Texas residents may not stand still exceeding the amount of sips when drinking, which are three sips.
    12. In Australia, a child may smoke cigarettes, but may not buy them.
    13. In Australia, it is illegal to answer your phone on the first ring.
    14. In Australia, you must have a license to “borrow” someone’s TV.
    15. In Thailand, a person may not leave their house without wearing underwear.
    16. In Tennessee, it is illegal to sell bologna on Sundays.
    17. In Missouri, it was illegal for a man to shave without a shaving’s permit.
    18. In Kentucky, no one can place an ice cream cone in his or her pockets.
    19. It used to be illegal for women wear a hat in Kentucky without the husband's permission.
    20. Kentucky residents must take a shower at least once a year.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  2. TheJuiceBox

TheJuiceBox Inactive

Lol, I have a couple more for the list.

Connecticut: A pickle is not officially a pickle unless it bounces.
    Louisana: It is illegal to rob a bank and then shoot at the bank teller with a water pistol.
    Maine: After January 14th you will be charged a fine for having your Christmas decorations still up.

3. Curtis

Curtis Inactive

12. In Australia, a child may smoke cigarettes, but may not buy them.
    13. In Australia, it is illegal to answer your phone on the first ring.
    14. In Australia, you must have a license to “borrow” someone’s TV.

^All lies, where did you hear this from? Illegal to answer your phone on the first ring.. ROFL?

Off-topic: :lmao:

And yes, guys, I know I'm finally starting to post again but :lol: the new domain and stuff has made me want to get back into VGI. Although, I'm not gonna be on the chat.

4. Reggie

Reggie Limit Breaker

They probably are lies, because who would want their child to smoke cigarettes to begin with? They are probably editable websites that makes it seem realistic, but in the long run, some of these laws were actually ratified.

5. Lavitz

Lavitz Inactive

How did you find out about the new design if you weren't coming?

6. Curtis

Curtis Inactive

Another off-topic post, I decided to visit the forums to see if it was active anymore.

And then that's when I saw the theme.

But anyways.. Where did you hear the laws from, Dark?

7. dani

dani Inactive

tennessee: you cant shoot any game other than whales from a moving vehicle.

8. Reggie

Reggie Limit Breaker

I found them on Google's search engine. I don't believe that most of the laws are true though, because it seems to mythical for them to be real.

9. Emp

Emp Inactive

Haha, these laws are crazy.