Top 10 Favorite Playstation 2 Games

Discussion in 'Sony' started by Lavitz, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Lavitz

Lavitz Inactive Staff Member

• Devil May Cry 3
    • Persona 4
    • Ico
    • Final Fantasy XII
    • Jak & Daxter
    • Kingdom Hearts
    • Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
    • Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal
    • Dragon Quest VIII
    • Rogue Galaxy
    Honorable mentions: Devil May Cry, Zone of the Enders 1 & 2, Metal Gear Solid 2, Drakengard 1 & 2, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, Shadow of the Colossus, Final Fantasy X & X-2, Sly Cooper, Kingdom Hearts 2, Jak 3, Ratchet and Clank, Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando, Ratchet: Deadlocked

What are yours? (Try to keep it exclusive)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  2. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

I know I'm way late, but I felt like revisiting this.

This is in no particular order:

• God of War 1 & 2
    Really enjoyed both of these games. I think they were among the first M rated games I can remember playing.
    • Bully
    The premise seemed kind of strange but it was a lot more fun than I expected. I am kind of surprised that this didn't have better sales considering it's from Rockstar.
    • Ape Escape 2
    I must have sunk hundreds of hours into this trying to go back and get all the collectibles and such. I got a lot of time out of the Monkey Soccer minigame as well.
    • Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2
    Being a Disney game, I wasn't expecting much but both of these games totally surprised me in terms of quality/story. Both great games.
    • Spiderman
    I had a lot of fun with this game, mostly replaying it as Green Goblin. There was some mode on it called "The Brawl" or something where you're supposed to beat a bunch of enemies within a time limit. I kept trying and trying to do it but never managed to.
    • Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3

I played this way later on an HD bundle but I still sort of count them since they were on PS2 at the time. Pretty much every Metal Gear Solid game has been really good, but I suppose I preferred 3 if I were to pick among these two.
    • WWE Smackdown! Shut Your Mouth
    I actually may have thought "Here Comes The Pain" would be a better game but I only played it a bit at a friend's house. I spent a ton of time on this game replaying through the story/campaign mode seeing all the different options. Also it took me a really long time to get through the 100 man brawl. I was able to do it using the "Gore" finisher because it didn't require me to beet up my opponent first. I just taunted and got the "Gore" ready as soon as possible to get through as many opponents. It was more of a completion thing.
    • DBZ Budokai 2
    Again, sunk a lot of time into this game. Probably the most into Babidi's spaceship mode or whatever it's called. I still remember getting this game around Christmas. It's kind of funny, when I got this game I think it was the last time I was really excited for Christmas. Back when I believed in Santa and all that stuff.
    • War of the Monsters
    I saw the TV ads for this so I decided to pick it up and overall I thought it was a fun game. My friends and I played it a lot.
    • Minority Report
    I think this was one of the first games I got and I couldn't afford to buy games anytime I wanted so I put a lot of hours into this. That might make me a bit biased, but I did go through the story a lot and overall I enjoyed the game.

It's funny, I mean I can pretty much just go out and buy any game I want now. That is a big benefit, but I kind of miss the endless time and lack of money I had back when I was growing up. I had the time to completely replay the game several times until every conceivable achievement was beaten, and it was a bit exciting thing when I would get a new game. Now I maybe get a new game every few weeks or every month or so and once I beat a game I move onto the next one. I have a limited amount of freetime so there's not as much time for me to sit back and enjoy them and go through every aspect of them.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  3. Lavitz

Lavitz Inactive Staff Member

Updated my list and cleaned it up a bit, trying to keep the best of the series in my top 10 instead of all entries. I played a few more PS2 games since I made this thread which made it into my top 10, and also added some honorable mentions.

4. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

This was announced a while ago but you can buy PS2 games on PS4 now. Any that anyone find interesting? War of the Monsters is on and I was considering giving it another go. Just not sure if it'd be that high on my priority list right now.

• Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits
    • Dark Chronicle
    • Dark Cloud
    • FantaVision
    • Grand Theft Auto III
    • Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
    • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
    • The King of Fighters 2000
    • The Mark of Kri
    • Max Payne
    • PaRappa the Rapper 2
    • Psychonauts
    • Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords
    • Rise of the Kasai
    • Rogue Galaxy
    • Star Wars: Bounty Hunter
    • Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter
    • Star Wars: Racer Revenge
    • Twisted Metal: Black
    • War of the Monsters

5. Fenrir

Fenrir Luminary of the stars!!

* some of my favorite games have a few sequels on the ps2 and in order to make the list a little more variated i am going to limit myself to one game per series!*

10.Shadow of memories
    9.Maximo
    8.Fatal Frame
    7.Clock tower 3
    6.Resident Evil 4
    5.Legacy of kain: Soul reaver 2
    4.Jak and daxter
    3.Dragon ball z butokai
    2.Devil may cry
    1.Silent hill 2