Super Smash Bros [Tier List V6] - Snake?!! SNAKE!??! SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by shadowray7, Jul 5, 2011.

1. shadowray7

shadowray7 Resident Maki Worshipper

Since Nack is MIA (possibly forever), I took it upon myself to update you guys (for the few who are interested) on what the Competitive Smash Community has deemed their ranking list from Best to Worst.
    Your opinions on tier lists are your own. Personally I don't really care about the list. I just play whoever I'm good with.
    Major changes include Snake being demoted from 2nd to 3rd place. Snake has been 2nd for the first 5 Tier Lists.

God Tier
    1. Meta Knight
    Demi-God Tier
    2. Diddy Kong
    3. Snake
    4. Falco
    Top Tier
    5. Marth
    6. Wario
    7. Ice Climbers
    8. Olimar
    9. Pikachu
    High Tier
    10. Lucario
    11. King Dedede
    12. Zero Suit Samus
    13. Mr. Game & Watch
    14. Toon Link
    Mid Tier
    15. Fox
    16. Wolf
    17. Peach
    Low Tier
    18. Donkey Kong
    19. Kirby
    20. R.O.B.
    21. Pit
    22. Sonic
    Very Low Tier
    23. Ike
    24. Sheik/Zelda
    25. Luigi
    26. Sheik
    27. Ness
    28. Yoshi
    29. Pokémon Trainer
    Bottom Tier
    30. Lucas
    31. Mario
    32. Bowser
    33. Samus
    34. Captain Falcon
    Fail Tier
    35. Link
    36. Jigglypuff
    37. Zelda
    38. Ganondorf

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  2. Sykikal

Sykikal Administrator Staff Member

My favorite was always Meta Knight, ever since I first played him in late 2007. It comes as no surprise to me that he passed up Snake. I'm kind of surprised at how high Diddy Kong is, and disappointing at how low Ganondorf is.

Has it been almost four years already? Time sure flies.

3. Nin10dO

Nin10dO Inactive

Wow, I thought Donkey Kong will be somewhere in the top since he's powerful and somewhat has speed. I like using Ganondorf and Link they're pretty good, I don't understand why they're so low in the tier list. Yoshi is my favorite character, but his KO moves aren't good at all.

4. Lavitz

Lavitz Inactive

So how does this work? Do they just discover some kind of new combo one day and decide to move a character up or down? I don't understand how a tier list can change in a game where there are no patches

5. shadowray7

shadowray7 Resident Maki Worshipper

A lot of this stuff is determined by individual match ups, amount of tournament wins, and nerds people studying and developing new tactics. After all. The metagame always changes. Whether or not there are any changes to the actual game.

6. mmmdonut

mmmdonut Inactive

well if it were up to me id change it up

7. Lugiamaster

Lugiamaster Junior Gamer

I'm not surprised at this tier list at all really. After been a competitive Smasher for about 3 years this does seem to be an accurate list. Meta Knight does deserve his own spot on it as he is broken as all get out. Sadly I main a low tier (Luigi for those wondering) and I do have some bad match-ups against some of the higher tiered characters. Also with MK banned in some tournament scenes Diddy and other characters in the higher tiers will be running amok. But at some point in time this list will change again and I'm sure after Ally wins a couple more tournaments that Snake will be back on top.

8. Lugia

Lugia Junior Gamer

why would there even be a tier list for a game that doesn't exist. I just wanna throw this out there because so many other in other places said I was wrong. I bet you ganon wont even be in this game. he was a "clone" in ssbm and trash in ssbb so why would they put the effort into making him better - its Nintendo were talkin about.

9. Sykikal

Sykikal Administrator Staff Member

Game that doesn't exist? Huh? What are you talking about?

10. Pineapplease

Pineapplease Gamer

Tier list response and project M

So in the time that I've been away I've gotten into smash. The tier list is set that way due to a huge number of in game factors; usually having to deal with stats or the way a character is played.

Ice climbers for instance are so high because they have multiple infinite grab combos that if you get into you're going to lose a stock.

I play diddy kong and to me it's no surprise how high he is because his bananas make him an overall amazing character and his peanuts are great for stopping recovery.

syk ganon is so low because of lack of recovery, lower move priority (meaning if his moves and another clash he's usually going to lose) and overall his speed to power is just too slow. I just felt the need to point this out because I'd also like to introduce project M.

Project M is essentially it's own mix that started somewhere in between melee and brawl, but since then has definitely become its own. It focuses on a balanced character roster meaning some characters got "nerfed" (like my poor diddy D':) and some boosted (like everyone except meta and diddy.)
    It's by far a much more fun game to play. I play it with a group of friends and we have never had more fun with it. I'd highly recommend it to anyone remotely interested in the smash community. If you want to get it a link is below.

Project M - Home