Thoughts on Vita

Discussion in 'Sony' started by Sykikal, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

What are your thoughts on the new PlayStation Vita? Do you plan on getting one?

2. Lavitz

Lavitz Inactive Staff Member

It's having a rough start, and there's a rumor that big developers are scrapping development on the 3DS and moving over to the 3DS. I think it's going to take a while to get popular just like the PSP did, but if people start buying Vitas AND games it will be a whole different story since nobody wanted to develop for a handheld that can be easily pirated on.

There are a few things I don't like about it, like the proprietary memory cards which are much more expensive than SD cards but I guess you can't blame Sony for this since it's just another way to prevent piracy on the handheld. I also hope Sony lets us transfer our UMDs to the Vita in the future, it's already an available feature in Japan but you still have to pay a fraction of the digital game's price in order to do it (if you could just get them for free from having a UMD, you could easily just borrow UMDs and get full games without paying) but it's still better than paying full price for a game you can get cheaper on UMD ($40 vs $10 for example)

Other than that I like the design, from what I've seen it looks comfortable and the screens are beautiful. It has two analogs unlike the 3DS and better graphics so that definitely gives it the advantage but I can't see it doing better than the 3DS, it doesn't have Mario after all. I can't wait to try one for myself and see what it's like but for now I'll have to wait until it has a bigger library of games.

3. The PS Vita

Ineed it is small just now, however given time it will become one of many legit systems of it's generation.

4. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

It has been about a year since I made this thread and I thought it was about time to revisit it. Have your thoughts at all changed on the PS Vita? Overall, I counted about 40 exclusives games for Vita. For a console that has been out for more than a year and a half that is not very impressive. Most of the games did not seem that notable to me either.

When I think of the PS Vita, I associate it with watered down PS3 ports (which I already have the PS3 for). Even though the processor is greater than the 3DS it just does not have as much exclusive games.

Maybe I'm wrong here, does anyone here have a PS Vita yet? Can anyone tell me how good or bad it is?

5. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

I like the way the Vita feels as compared to a normal PSP but I still think it's a glorified PSP and all I'd still use it for is emulators.

6. Lavitz

Lavitz Inactive Staff Member

It's better now but still nowhere near where it should be in terms of games. Some of those exclusives are Japan only and not all of them are even released.