The Elder Scrolls discussion thread.

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by CROWley, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

Hehehe shady sam

But yeah, I liked how I was transported across Skyrim (to a place I hadn't yet discovered no less, bonus!) and woke up with people telling me I did unspeakable things

2. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

My only regret was being too drunk to remember fondling the statue. You know you could just travel to most places by carriage right? Probably costs 20-50 gold. You cats probably steal that before you get past the front gate of any town or city.

3. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

Kappa
    [​IMG]

4. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

Ya know the best part about being an Argonian Master-Thief in heavy armor? All eyes are on you cats and nobody would ever suspect me as I rob them blind. When they can't find their coin purses, who do they blame? The drug addicted thief-stereotypes.

5. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

Butbutbut.. I'm a battlecat who HAPPENS to be good at sneaking :(

Skooma and moon sugar? Rarely touch the stuff

6. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

Tell it to the guards cat! A likely story. Check your pockets. You'll now find you have a few extra bottles. Have fun in the Whiterun jail while I rob the city blind.

Am I the only one who feels like Argonians and Kahajiiiiit's are under-represented in Skyrim? I can't really tell most imperials and Nords apart and for the longest time, I forgot Bretons even existed. I also can't tell the Bosmer and Dumer apart in some cases. There's so few Argonians and I hardly ever see cats either where there's entire Orc villages and Alter seem common enough due to the Thalmor.

I'm so torn between standing stones. I have the thief stone so my thief skills level 20% faster. There's another that makes all skills level faster but not quite as fast. I got extra pockets from Pickpocketing and I need to beat the Dawnguard DLC again so I can get the Locket of Saint Jiub again for that extra 50 carry weight. Right now I have about 770 but I have 400 weight. I think it's the Black Book I picked up on Solstheim. It's probably heavy as hell, along with all my other quest crap. I'm also tempted to just get all my thief skills to the max and go for the Steed Stone which would give me another 100 carry weight. At the end of the day I could have 950 carry weight, give or take. Maybe better if I made and drank some fortify enchanting potions/equipment.

I think the thief stone is to thank for my exponentially fast pickpocket leveling. I can legendary reset it and get it back to 100 in a day. It's not the leveling that's a problem. It's running out of people to pickpocket that's the problem. It's not as fast as Block but it's better than Speechcraft which took over 8 straight hours of selling just to get back to 96.

7. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

:|

Yeah. Argonians and Khajiit have a mutual hatred. No one really knows why. As for the Khajiits at least, you don't see many of them in Skyrim because they're seen as thieves so that's why most hang around outside in those caravans, they're not allowed in cities. Khajiits are nomadic anyway. There is definitely some Khajiit racism going on in Skyrim.

I can't say for the Argonians since I don't research them a whole lot. Other than men and mer, I feel there should be more beast races (which there is, just not in Tamriel that we know of)

8. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

There's Madesi and the Skooma addict in Riften as well as the 2 bar owners. There's a brother and sister who are bandits in Solitude and Ja-Re-Ra or something like that in Solitude who's acquainted with the thieves guild. The only ones I know of in Windhelm are second class citizens who work for the docks. The Dunmer are second class as well.

I did just notice they all seem to be around cities with water but there's still not much. I've seen one in the Dark Brotherhood but none in any of the other guilds I can remember. I don't remember seeing many Khajiit in the guilds either. There are none on Solstheim that I've seen so far. I've seen an occasional assassin, bandit and random enemy just called Argonian and occasional bandits but outside of that, almost nothing. I don't really remember seeing Khajiit assassins or bandits, just enemies.

I can't think of any in Whiterun, Morthal, Markarth, Falkreath, Riverwood,
    I don't know about Dragonbridge,

Edit: I was close. Though Jaree-Ra was the brother. I don't know the other males name then.
    http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Jaree-Ra
    Maybe the lack of non-addict Argonians in Riften is why Madesi is always so happy to see me. The only other 2 run the inn while he sleeps in the slums below the city.

9. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

Khajiits in Skyrim that I've seen so far are the caravan traders and bandits, they're not trusted in Skyrim unfortunately :(

There are no marriageable khajiits either, they're not allowed in the cities, therefore not allowed in the temple to get married.

Argonians are trusted more than Khajiits I think, they're not seen as thieves as much. Such as the one "Pirate" Argonian in Solitude I stood next to in my height comparison image. They're allowed in the cities. There was far more beast races around in Oblivion (Cyrodiil)

I don't know if it's because Bethesda was being lazy or were actually trying to portray some kind of cultural racism within the game. There are some dialogue options in the game specific to Khajiits that I get, but since I'm the DB, they let it slide I assume.

Below are some screenshots I took trying out a poser mod, works well enough for the most part. I thought about doing some of the female poses for shits and giggles since the fucking majority of mods for Skyrim and the options within said mods are for females. Like seriously, as a female you would think I'd be okay with this but there isn't a whole lot of support for male characters, especially male Khajiits. :(

I go to a mod about combat or even a loading screen and scroll down to find a demonstration video of the mod, chalked full of sexualized female characters that have nothing to do with the mod in question. :facepalm:

Oh also I got a "Combat Realism" mod that makes all the weapons in the game do a ton of damage so 1-2 hits and you'll die, ya know, like in real life. Makes some parts hard AF.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  10. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

Those poses are awesome. It's incredibly strange to me to see Skyrim looking like it has life in it. Not some bleak, desolate wasteland. There's definitely some racism going on.

"SKYRIM BELONGS TO THE NORDS!"

"Why do you want to join the Stormcloaks Argonian?"
    "Skyrim isn't just your home."

When I join the Imperials or Stormcloaks, it's not because I like either or want to help them. It's who do I want to kill more? Black Marsh was only loosely integrated into the Empire and seceded. The Nords should be able to do the same. On the other hand, the Nords are a bunch of racist jackasses who treat Dunmer, Argonians and Khajiit like shit. So fuck Ulfric Stormcloak as well.

The combat mod sounds awesome but some Draugr Deathlords and Dragons sound incredibly deadly. I'm on legendary with 600+ health so I can take a few hits but not many.

Do you ever question age in The Elder Scrolls? I'm reading some books and in one Calcelmo mentions he's studied the Dwemer for over 200 years. I looked him and and he's a fucking Altmer! What the fuck! I was reading another book and it mentioned the first Nord ruler or some shit and he was the ruler for 108 years apparently. (1E 113 - 221) I only know that it's not uncommon for Dunmer to live for a couple hundred at the least. Teldryn Sero mentioned meeting Saint Jiub at some point. He died in Kavatch so that was over 200 years in the past.

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  11. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

Me too, I hated how greyscale some places were. I like a bit color.

Speaking of lively. When I went to Solitude, it seemed like a lot of NPC's were missing, I had a quest from the thieves guild to steal a ring off some woman, my map marker kept saying she was outside Solitude but there was no way for me to get to where it was saying. Decided to use my "sense of smell" power (basically detect life) toggle the free camera and found that a bunch of NPC's got stuck under Solitude. I had to teleport them back to me, which they then resumed their normal schedule.

Yeah I kinda messed up on that one, I liked Ulfric's speech and thought that the empire was being a dick or something so I decided to join them :(

Oh well, if a time comes where I get to kill him or damage the stormcloaks in some way, I probably will.

Lot of careful planning. I have to wear my sneaky beaky shoes. I kept getting rekt at one ruin because as soon as I entered, 3-4 orcs with warhammers were right there, even with my followers it was tough.

Yeah, some of them (especially the Altmer) can live for hundreds of years. Men age about as much as we expect, Khajiit age similar to men (similar life span) The Argonians believe in reincarnation so *shrugs*

http://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/comments/u9ay1/on_ages_and_aging_for_different_races/

The Real Barenziah was pretty informative with elven aging. The phrase, "with elves, there was always time" kept recurring. I wish I knew the source, but there was some book written by a Dunmer that stated that, even though they could live to 1000 years, most made it to only 300. It seems like the wealthy and powerful make it much further, especially since powerful Telvanni wizards are supposedly over a thousand years old.

http://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/comments/164s4s/a_theory_of_how_mer_age/

[​IMG]

But Orcs tend to seek death before they are too old so their lives are possibly the shortest. It's funny how in this chart (though it's user made on best guesses) the males all live a little longer than the females for whatever reason, considering men are prone to risk taking and fighting (as per irl science)

Gender tends to equal out, more boys are born but them being risk takers means they die earlier than girls. Not so apparently with the much more dangerous world of Tamriel

CROWley likes this.
  12. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

I don't even know where to begin quoting that so I'm not even gonna bother. The quoting system on this site, as you've said, is terrible. I'll just post what I found. Not all of it due to aging.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Divayth_Fyr
    Very powerful 4,000 year old Dunmer. I've read about him plenty of times. He takes care of the last living Dwemer. Somehow, I don't think I ever looked at his page before. He owns a couple rare Daedric items. I love this. "Like most of Divayth Fyr's locked-away goods, he doesn't mind if you take it if you're good enough to get into the chest."
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:scourge

Off topic: I wanna track down a set of Daedric armor in Morrowind. Being an Argonian, I can't really use it. I just want it for my collection.
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Daedric

You can sell and donate rare artifacts to this Museum. On the one hand, I want them all for myself. On the other, I'd be happy just to see them all on display and in one place together.
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tribunal:The_Museum

Just found this while looking up M'aiq The Liar for Oblivion. Tattered Robe Hood. Gotta get one for my collection. Must.Get.All.Unique.Items!
    "According to the game files, when M'aiq isn't around Skyrim, he is located in a small holding cell called "Elsweyr"."
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:M'aiq_the_Liar
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Tattered_Robe_Hood#Tattered_Robe_Hood

"Argonians have a lifespan similar to that of humans."
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Argonian

Didn't know these existed. So awesome.
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Creeper
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Mudcrab_Merchant

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    How to make them. Looks like a pain in the ass though.
    http://www.sereniti-dragonheart.ru/publ/pro_igry/tes_v_skyrim/instruction/25-1-0-54

Edit: I likely won't be playing Morrowind for a while. I want to get a 2 TB HDD for my 350's. I want to see if I can do a Hard Drive transfer from my 500 GB 360 to a USB HDD. I'm not sure if Morrowind will transfer over or not. After that I'll plug the USB HDD into my old, 250 GB 360 and do a licenses transfer. I want all my games on the same 360 and Burnout 3: Takedown is one game on my old 360 that I don't want to start over.

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  13. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

It has become a LOT easier since we can highlight an area and a "reply" option appears that puts the quote in the box for us.

I mostly get stuff for a collection even though I'll never use it

I fucking saw those and I love them. They don't show you how to put the actual pages in there though. I'm not good at making little craft stuff like that though, it would be like you making something out of the raspberry pi

This one someone made is amazing

http://www.themarysue.com/oblivion-books-bound-real-life/

I've heard about the mudcrab merchant briefly before.

14. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

Yeah, if I can't hoar.... collect rare and unique items in the real world, I'll track down and collect every unique item I can in the Elder Scrolls. The biggest thing for me is just having them all or as many as possible under one roof and owner.
    It's just my own greed that has me wanting them all to myself.

The guide I posted kinda does but it does a shitty job. It's a terrible guide all around. I already know how it would go. I would try my hardest or do a half ass job. Be missing half or more of the required items needed and it would be a piece of shit. I'd be saddened by the end result and question why I ever bothered. The reason I'll likely never build anything for a Pi is the same I posted above, just add in case building along with the things I'd do a poor job of.

Why do we look at these things? They're so awesome and we'll likely never own them. I'd love to have a copy of that book with a nicer cover to read. If you don't want to cry yourself to sleep tonight, don't visit the official Elder Scrolls/Bethesda store.

15. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

I like/need to sort stuff but then I get lazy but then that fights with my need to sort. I'm like "I'll sort these by weapons, wait weapon types, or wait weapon power, why would I need that if I get rid of weaker weapons? Okay then weapon color/style? Nah too lazy, toss them all in here"

It can go deeper than that, apparel > armor/clothing > color/style > helmats/hats > curiass > gloves > shoes > miscellaneous etc

That

I want it http://store.bethsoft.com/brands/the-elder-scrolls/hircines-ring.html :(

16. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

In Skyrim I just put stuff in serpate chests. One for weapons and one for apparel. I put guild apparel in a special safe in my basement. I have some organization but not much. I went to the place where I thought I left the Annoying Fan in Oblivion. The shopkeeper I thought I left him with (So they could annoy eachother for eternity) was dead and good riddance. Not sure who's doing that was though.

I went to my laggy house in Anvil and it was exactly as I left it. Gigantic pile of crap I was too lazy to sell dumped all over the kitchen floor. I was half tempted to pick it all up and attempt to sell it all. You can't move when encumbered and I'd have to travel to the Imperial city to sell it all most likely. I still might do it anyway and by might I definitely will. I want to see how much gold I have before and after as well as how long it takes.

I can ssure you, It does go deeper than that.

Yeah, so do I. Probably wouldn't fit my giant fingers anyway though. I also want the Kynareth and Arkay necklaces, the books, the book bag, the Nightingales statue and the leather journal.

17. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

My fingers are small, the dude is wearing it on his little finger, probably means it'll fit my index finger then :P

Some of the Fallout stuff looks cool too

18. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

I didn't bother with anything if it wasn't Elder Scrolls.

I was at a flea market when I was a kid. I was looking at stuff with my grandma and she saw a friend of hers or somebody she knew. I tried on a ring and it got stuck. They didn't seem to notice my struggle to get it off. I always wondered if she knew I had the ring on and kept talking to buy me time. I don't really wear rings, mostly because of that.

19. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

I forgot I don't either :( this is why I'm allowed to wear a wedding ring on a necklace

20. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

I sold a lot of the crap that was in my Anvil house kitchen in Oblivion. Starting gold: 50,325 End gold: 80,237. I kept some unique stuff as well as some Daedric and Ebony.

I had a video where I used a glitched piece of armor to get out of bounds in Anvil and walked all the way to the Imperial city. It seems to have disappeared because it wasn't in any of my video folders or my recycle bin.

Some Skyrim screenshots I took.
    [​IMG]
    Yeah, I bet.

[​IMG]
    Of course he was telling the truth

[​IMG]
    A Dwemer airship. I really, really can't believe what I'm seeing. I may have seen it the last time I was on Solstheim but it's been a long time since. I also had a quest to find it in Morrowind before I screwed up my save.

[​IMG]
    I want that axe. I'll kill anybody who tries to stop me taking it.

[​IMG]
    I said anyone!

[​IMG]
    Alright, hold position guys. This will be perfect for the cover. I even thought of a name, Altmer in the Ash: The story of two best friends. Eh, that kinda sucks. I'll keep working on it.

[​IMG]
    I don't know what happened to you. Was it an overdose on Skooma? I read your love's letter. If I ever find the woman who wrote it, I'll make sure to let her know of your sad fate friend.

[​IMG]
    I helped you take back your hall. I killed your friend in self defense and you wanna take a tone with me? I killed you in self defense. I was defending myself from your tone that I didn't like. I bet your friends won't even miss you

[​IMG]
    Looks like I was right. You're such a jackass, your friend misses his forge more than you.

[​IMG]
    What the hell are these Nords doing?

[​IMG]
    Looks so much cooler when it's moving.

[​IMG]
    I may have allegedly broke into the Blacksmiths house in this Nord village to try to figure out where the hell everybody was.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Minus the sword sticking out of the dead animal, I keep seeing these all over Solstheim. I've seen somewhere between 3-5 of these. The loot is always the same.

[​IMG]
    Ya know, I really didn't wanna kill you. When I walked by and you didn't attack, I was happy about it. You just had to go and ruin the moment didn't you? Enjoy spending the rest of time in the whereverthehell with The Ideal Masters, jackass.

[​IMG]
    Just minding my own business, discovering locations and picking up plants and oysters and get attacked by some pirates. Killed a couple, the pussbag leader ran off and I found this.

This is from a Skyrim LP I started to watch. I wanted a different perspective on the world. It makes me regret that I couldn't record my first playthrough of any of the Elder Scrolls games. This is what I meant when I said random enemies just named 'Argonian'.
    [​IMG]

Edit:
    Got tired of the perpetually nude woman in Raven Rock. I found this http://www.gamesas.com/pickpocketing-their-clothes-off-will-they-get-dressed-again-t248515.html and one of the posts said that pickpocketing her remaining items would/might fix the problem. I hope so, getting kinda tired of her.

[​IMG]
    For both our sakes, I hope your clothing re-spawns after this. Otherwise, I will do everything in my power to find a way to kill and dispose of you. (Not sure if somehow essential.)
    This, is just hilarious. http://gaming.stackexchange.com/que...e-the-naked-stalking-courier-his-clothes-back

This is so much more impressive when you see how fucking hard it is to get on that boat.
    [​IMG]

Never thought I'd see a picture of Barenziah. Apparently, the lover of Tiber Septim.
    [​IMG]
    I was reading articles on the Wiki and found her page. I also found out that Tiber Septim lived in the Third Era. I never knew it was such a short time that the Empire was around. I thought he lived thousands of years in the past.
    [​IMG]
    I don't even want to know how one mounts a god. Preferably from behind is as far as I go.

This is really interesting. I don't see Battlespire or Arena anywhere though. I really need to get those other 2 N-Guage games!
    [​IMG]

I wish the in-game map was half as good as this.
    [​IMG]

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Windhelm_Pit
    I found out abut this yesterday. Don't really know what to say. I just wish it existed, wonder what else didn't make it into the game but is still in the code.

Last edited: May 24, 2015
    Shadow likes this.