The Elder Scrolls discussion thread.

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by CROWley, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

I just discovered Windhelm and this little girl approached me to buy some of her flowers so she can afford some food. Her mom is dead and her dad was a stormcloak soldier and never came back

WHY are there so many female orphans in Skyrim and WHY can I only adopt 2?!

I'm going to look for a mod to rectify this

CROWley likes this.
  2. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

That's the one I was talking about before. She's the one who inspired my family in this game. (Wife, 2 kids, follower, pet follower, 2 pets, housecarl, steward, bard, 2 horses, 2 chickens, cow, carriage.) I actually have her flower basket sitting on the table in my bedroom. I wanted to move to my favorite house or Solitude where my chars wife and kids are but I've accumulated so much crap!

I'm already at my house, being attacked. (One of the reasons I keep moving) So here's a screenshot.
    [​IMG]

I don't think I ever posted this outside of the chat. This was when I killed Nazeem.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Lydia being defiant.

[​IMG]
    6 of my 8 characrers. You can see I play my Argonians much more than anything else. Iron Boots was around LV 33 when I stopped playing him recently.

3. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

4. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

I killed that annoying douchebag Nazeem or whatever his name is. I mentioned it before. Also in the damn text below or above the picture. They seemed to be mourning him. They were all trying to touch him. I found them like that after I got out of jail for allegedly murdering him.

If you don't know who he is. He's the guy in Whiterun who constantly asks "Do you get to the Cloud District often? Oh who am I kidding, of course you don't."

[​IMG]

5. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

Must have had a lot of friends

So I got the mod working it looks like after messing with some commands. I now have the option to adopt Sofia but not the house space so it looks like I'll either need another mod OR a bigger house? Regardless I need to move from Breezehome, it kinda sucks.

It was night in Windhelm and I was looking around for Sofia, I have "smell" for my Khajiit which is basically detect life. I saw this blue aura close to the ground and saw it was Sofia sleeping on the cold stone floor in some womans "yard"

Right in the feels.

Screenshots
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Random picture of my horse "Despair"
    [​IMG]

CROWley likes this.
  6. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

1. Get a bigger house. Breezehome was alright before the DLC and as a starter house. I love Lakeview manor. (Hearthfire, Falkreath) I'm sure with mods you could expand one of the wings to have a huge bedroom.
    2. That horse mod is awesome.
    3. That is so fucked up.

I avoid Windhelm like the plague. The Dark elves are treated like shit, forced into a ghetto. I also usually base a places usefulness off how easy it is to sell sell and that place get's a -0. While your brain explodes trying to figure that out, I'll be in Riften or Whiterun unloading stuff. Let's also not forget all the racist nords and how Windhelm just looks uncomfortable.

In terms of housing, 2 other good houses are Proudspire manor (Solitude) and Who gives a shit, it's in Windhelm manor (Windhelm).

7. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

I don't know if I'll ever get used to it, just got used to Whiterun and where everything is, I get so fucking lost in Windhelm. Hell even the "upper" class area looks like shit. I'd be embarrassed to own a hold like Windhelm. Ulfric has a lot of cleaning up to do.

CROWley likes this.
  8. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

It annoys me that I can only like that 1 time. I seriously hate that place. There's a Strange Amulet item glitched into my inventory from Windhelm to constantly remind me that place sucks.

Give it time. I also have a hard time remembering city layouts and getting used to them. It's overwhelming at first. I tend to stick the the bigger cities as well. Dawnstar and Falkreath, Rorikstead all suck. Though Shors Stone has a special place in my heart. I mostly just use cities for the merchants so I only need to know enough to get by.

9. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

So, so many quests all over the fucking place. I try to be good and stick to one quest but while going about it, I get shoved into 3 others, literally.

So I'm doing the quest "In My Time of Need" I choose to help Saadia, go through the dungeon and all that. Get to the Red Guard leader (They are all the same and voiced by the same actor...) and he convinces me to help catch her instead. Need to head to whiterun and lure her to the stables. I remember she stays at the bannered mare. Go inside and I can't recall how I get to talking to this guy "Sam" but he challenges me to a drinking game and I decide seems easy enough and if I beat him then I get some staff.

2 drinks for him and 3-4 for me and I end up passing out and waking up in a Maraketh temple having apparently fondled one of the naked statues. So I get kicked out of there. Went towards the gates of the city to leave and shit happens in the marketplace, woman got killed and this guy just goes crazy trying to kill everyone, I step behind him and perform a killmove in slomo stabbing him in the back and the scuffle ends. Then get approached by some other guy and told to meet him at the temple of talos, I'm curious so I do and he goes on to tell me about the forsworn stuff and to help him find info on the murdered woman and the man who did it.

Accept the new quest, walk out and down the path, past some doors and get stopped by another man asking me if I've seen anyone go in and out of the house he's standing next to, I say no and then offer him my help. He tells me I can follow him inside and watch his back, I'll put in a spoiler the rest that happens just in case someone hasn't done that quest yet but shit happens.

So I follow him in, the house is dark and foggy.. dank? Sure I'll go with that. Weird sounds are heard and he keeps running off hoping to catch someone in the act, we get to a door and it's locked and requires a key, shit starts flying everywhere and he hauls ass back to the front door. This loud voice tells us we have to fight and one of us has to die in order to leave, obviously I'm the better fighter so I win, all the while shit is still flying around the house. Once he dies everything stops and I'm told to go to the celler and in the wall is a hole to a cave, basically in there is an alter to Molag Bal, the creator of vampires and in Morrowind know as the "King of Rape" so I'm preparing my anus here. In short he tells me he just wants me to first free and then trap a guy that has been hurting his ego, because he's been desecrating his altar, I expected a bit more from the king of rape to be honest.

ALL that from just trying to complete one quest in Whiterun, FML.

Obligatory humorous post picture

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2015
    CROWley likes this.
  10. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

Good god, that is so fucking hilarious. I knew of all those quests but I never would have thought that somebody could string them all together like that.
    The quest with Sam is random but it seems to be pretty rare. That or I just don't use enough taverns. Let me know when you get more into the murder plot. It's an interesting quest-line, though can be tough at times. Markarth is alright in terms of quests and back-story. I just avoid the area because of the Forsworn and it's such a pain in the ass to sell stuff there.

The screenshot is funny as hell. Is that legit? It's really similar to a moron who died within reach of a health potion in the tutorial dungeon.

11. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

I think it's because I avoid talking to people unless I have to because I know you can get a quest by just sneezing in the wrong direction, these however all were scripted events that kind of shove the player into them.

One good thing was that it teleported me to Maraketh without me having to discover it and travel there on foot first.

It is, I think it came from the dwarven ruin that you go through in the forsworn questline.

Right now I'm still trying to complete that previous quest but fucking Saadia won't follow me to the stables, it's a known bug

12. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

Since I stopped using the fast travel system for the most part, I just use the carriages. It's so hilarious that they all happened that way but yeah, it was all just chance. The murder one always happens. The rest was all just luck.

I love the Dwemer ruins but they take so long to explore, so many floors and so much loot. I tend to loot everything so they take 10x as long for me. I hate those quest-breaking bugs. I think my stats are glitched as well. It says I only beat 2 DB quests but I swear I completed them all.

This sums up how I play the game. Pretty much: Get in my way and die. I'm stuck at this insanely slow walking pace because I'm carrying 9,000 pounds in crap and I'm a walking fortress. I dare you to try me.

Shadow likes this.
  13. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

I can't stand to be encumbered. The walking pace is slower than the NPC's walking speed. If I can drop one item and be fine, I'll just "grab" the item and run with it in front of my face till I get to a shop to unload all the shit I got.

14. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

I saw some suggestion that you download a mod to make that your average walking speed. That would make combat so much harder and walking at that pace with early chars is dreadful. I just summon the demon horse from the DLC & use Whirlwind Sprint.

*Controller rumbles. "What the hell was that" *Swoosh - giant shadow crosses the screen. "Aww fuck! Dragon! RUN TO THE HILLS! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE"

(Legendary reset a ton of my skills, playing on legendary. I'd get my ass kicked or have to use a ton of potions.)

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Unique_Items_(Skyrim)

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Unique_Items_(Morrowind)

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  15. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

Well if you're going to be starting Morrowind
    [​IMG]

I've already started Arena but haven't gotten much done other than leave the starting dungeon and buy some gear

CROWley likes this.
  16. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Unique_Items_(Skyrim)

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Unique_Items_(Morrowind)

I started up Morrowind. I found a guy named Fargoth's ring and returned it to him. I then went to a guard and talked to him who mentioned he was looking for Fargoth's hiding place. I found his hiding place and took my ring back. I returned to the guard and went looking for the murdered tax collector I totally just found out out. Found him, his murderer and returned to the Census office and got my 500 gold reward.

I sold a ton of stuff and went to the nearby gave that's being used to smuggle people after an NPC mentioned it to me. I killed the first person and processed to get raked over by a fire mage. I might try to sell some of my junk and buy some healing potions tonight and give it a few hundred more tries.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I need to remember how to get back to Solstheim. I was gonna make a travel journal thread so I could find bits of info like this easier.

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  17. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Can you tell I'm in Hammerfell?
    [​IMG]

What's weird about Arena is adding stuff like armor and amulets actually will lower the numbers in green shown there, it's reminiscent of advanced D&D 2nd edition. Basically a lower AR (armor rating) has to do with accuracy. In this game: + to hit (accuracy) comes from Agility, not Strength like in D&D.

In laymans terms, the lower my AR the easier time I have of avoiding strikes and critical strikes from enemies. The same goes for them though. The higher my AR, the easier I am to hit.

Being a Nightblade, I'm only able to equip leather armor for the whole game, yay...

I'm a male Khajiit. They look like men in Arena aside from some face paint, one likely possibility is that they are Ohmes, a different breed of Khajiit.

[​IMG]

Similar in many ways to the Bosmer, although generally of lesser stature. In order to avoid being mistaken as one of the Bosmer many Ohmes tattoo their faces to resemble a feline-aspect. The Ohmes is the most common form seen outside of the province of Elsweyr, taking advantage of other races' preference to their appearance to serve in positions of ambassadorship and trade. It is possible that the Ohmes are the breed seen across Tamriel at the end of the fourth century of the Third Era.

This is due to the Khajiit race being tied to phases of the moons (Masser and Secunda) of Nirn, which will determine which breed they are upon birth.

For Daggerfall they appear to be Ohmes-raht

Similar to the race of men, save for their tails and short, light-colored fur, the Ohmes-raht may easily be mistaken as men at a distance. Unlike the many other species of Khajiit who walk like cats upon the balls of their feet, the Ohmes-raht walk upon their heels. The Ohmes-raht are most likely the breed found in Hammerfell and High Rock in the early fifth century of the Third Era.

[​IMG]

Obviously.

I've decided to actually make a Khajiit lore friendly name to use from now on with my Khajiit's.

It's between one of these

Dar'sien
    S'hadar

The Dar in both names means Thief, clever. The S means adult.

While looking up some other names I found these and had a laugh, some you might not get, feel free to ask.
    Suq M'Diiq
    Mo'skuma
    Bal'sakk
    N'yan
    Maq'dunald
    Cha'iq Norris
    Ja'Rule
    Dar'thmaul
    Mai'Thayhn
    Ja'far
    Sa'tiva
    Da'Fuq
    Jheezis
    Dar'fur
    T'Challa
    J'maul
    Ty'Rone
    M'raaj
    Kil'joi
    Pus Ro'Dah
    Lan'Nister

And some Orc names:

Gofok Urself
    Tony Gro-Danza
    Gosh! Groban
    Yumost Gro-Moztasch

Also this map is fucking awesome [​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2015
  18. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

Lots of screenshots and some memories.

[​IMG]
    I was going for something like you would see in one of the last 2 Harry Potter movies. There were more bodies later but not nearly enough.

[​IMG]
    Those asshoes programmed in a fishing rod but not the ability to use or even loot it. ;(

[​IMG]
    You can't see the other half of the city who joined together to fight a now dead dragon off to the right.

[​IMG]
    Skyrim has it's moments and Whiterun looks eerie and awesome in the distance.

[​IMG]
    I was letting the bald bandit level up my armor skill and the mamoths came to save the day. Bastards. The penalty for attacking me is death. The penalty for helping me is death. The penalty for existing is death. The penalty for death is to be piled up with other dead bodies.

[​IMG]
    I hate religion and I needed some grand souls for my Black Star quick. Nobody will miss you and I put you out of your misery.

[​IMG]
    I think she's the wife of "Do you get to the cloud district often?" I hope. Doesn't matter. She became the enchantment for my curias or gauntlets.

[​IMG]
    "My husband Bersi will be the death of me." No bitch, I will. Your constant fucking nagging about him every time I enter his shop was driving me insane. Good fucking riddance!

[​IMG]
    I wish this fucking dragon would go away.

[​IMG]
    I'm happy to see you too friend, but you seem a little too happy to see me. Sorry buddy, I don't swing that way and I'm married to the beautiful Ysolda.

[​IMG]
    Seriously, GO AWAY!

[​IMG]
    This is satisfying in so many ways.

[​IMG]
    This looks so awesome.

[​IMG]
    Older shot of play time.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This guy had no name and couldn't be looted.

[​IMG]
    Orgasmic.

[​IMG]
    "You never should have cum here." Riiiiiight. I'll keep that in mind, cat.

[​IMG]
    FUSH-RO-DAH!

[​IMG]
    I never liked Dawnstar anyway. These people are useless to me and good god this was satisfying.

[​IMG]
    I have no idea who that is but I have never killed anybody in my life. I wouldn't hurt a fly.
    [​IMG]
    I found them like that, I swear.

Shadow likes this.
  19. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

Part 2.
    [​IMG]
    I love this mask. It has the same expression I wear.

[​IMG]
    I've been Skooma free for 2..... minutes. Progress takes time. In the meantime, I'm gonna go over here and uhhhhh, Don't you judge me!

[​IMG]
    Wow, you've been there for a REALLY long time.

[​IMG]
    First I can't get it in the hole. Now it's fucking levitating. The power of Talos compels you!

Dark Brotherhood possible spoiler screenshots.

[​IMG]
    I'll avenge you brother!

[​IMG]
    Commander Maro, it's a start.

[​IMG]
    I'd murder just about anybody for a Septim but you're one of the few people I didn't wanna murder.

[​IMG]
    I liked you, I really did. This is more dignity than I usually leave people with.

[​IMG]
    Consider that flavor done and done.

Last edited: May 7, 2015
    Shadow likes this.
  20. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

Since I haven't played the game since Friday (and my memory is shit) I'll probably have more images than text this time.
    [​IMG]
    Favorite daughter shhh

[​IMG]

New favorite horse "Blaze" (mod given name, not from me)

[​IMG]

WAS my houses master bedroom, I've since moved. I'll likely get pictures of the new place soon, it's amazing imo.

[​IMG]

Old house dining room entrance

[​IMG]

(old house) Stairs led to the master bedroom

[​IMG]

(old house) She was caught with that..

[​IMG]

Whiterun because why not

[​IMG]

Nice waterfall. I own a house (mod house) near Riverwood, decided to have some fun exploring for once and just followed the river downstream. Eventually came upon this area and the area in the images below.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

From what I can remember, I've joined the Stormcloaks. Got invited to the Dark Brotherhood, fixed the issue with the Whiterun merchants not leaving the house or opening the shop. Helped the GilderGreen (by taking the sap)

Also read the books The Woodcutters Wife and The Cabin in the Woods, creepy shit. The Arrowshot Woman was, different.

Learned some more lore regarding metaphysical stuff like Aetherius, Oblivion, the Aedra and Daedra.

Also this

[​IMG]