The Best

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by CROWley, Mar 8, 2015.

1. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

When I think of best games in their genre, these always cum to mind.

RPG
    Nier
    The Witcher 2
    PKMN Emerald

Racing
    Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition
    Need for Speed: Most Wanted 2012
    Burnout 3: Takedown
    Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2

Shooter
    Black
    Halo: Reach
    Halo 2

Sandbox
    Saints Row
    Crackdown 2

Roguelike
    Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer
    PKMN Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team

What are some of yours? These are just the ones off the top of my head that I think are the best of the best.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  2. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

I like your picks for racing.

3. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

As do I. Hot Pursuit 2 is the only one that's not a favorite and one of the few Xbox games I don't have. I played it and Burnout as a kid with my dad and brother. I can't tell you how many hours we sunk unto those games because they're so good. When I got Need for Speed: Most Wanted 2012, I couldn't say enough good things about it. Burnout 3: Takedown is really well made, challenging and satisfying when you win. My brother and I both consider Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition to be the best racing game ever made.

4. Numb

Numb None of this matters

Pokemon Emerald and Halo 2? Maaaaaan na, I don't think they're that hot. Pokemon D/P introduced online play which was pretty great for it's time, and Halo 3 is probably the best Halo of them, at least something to consider. Like, sandbox mode made the game infinitely more playable along with refining Halo 2's combat in 3.

5. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

I've put countless hours into both. When I want to play a handheld game/Pokemon game Emerald is one of my first choices. As for Halo 3, I always disliked that game for whatever reason. For some reason it always rubbed me the wrong way.

I didn't really wanna put Emerald under RPG's. I wanted a secondary category but couldn't think of one. It's a great game but doesn't hold a candle to NIER or The Witcher 2.