So, 2016, who here has an Xbox One?

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Sykikal, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

I had a similar thread a while ago, but this is the first console in a while that I just don't feel all that much motivation in getting. It seems like most of their exclusives are also available on PC, in power and install base it is doing a bit worse than the PS4. Install base is sort of important for me because it helps ensure that developers will stick around to support it for the foreseeable future and that I can play games on it with friends. I feel like they got off to a bad start and never really recovered. It's ironic, because recently Microsoft has made a lot of good steps, eg. partial backwards compatibility, No Kinect, price drop, more availability of their games on other consoles (which may be good for the consumer but not so good for the Xbox One).

Does anyone here have an Xbox One? Play it often? Considering getting one?

2. shadowray7

shadowray7 Resident Maki Worshipper

3. ATPrime

ATPrime Junior Gamer

>2016
    >xbox

[​IMG]

4. Numb

Numb None of this matters

>mfw buying an xbone from MicroJew

[​IMG]

5. Shiny Ablico

Shiny Ablico Protector of the People

Yeah I own an Xbox One, I have since launch...

6. Sykikal

In your opinion, what are the main benefits of Xbox One over PC/PS4? It's peculiar, because Xbox One has sold way more units than Wii U, yet it seems like most people on VGI have a Wii U not an Xbox One. Maybe we're Nintendo biased. I'm kind of curious as to what Xbox One's main appeal is though. They're not selling as well as the PS4 but they must be doing something right.

7. Shiny Ablico

Shiny Ablico Protector of the People

I do own a Wii U also but I have always played primarily on Xbox for most of my games, it started because I used to play Halo for a majority of the time and because I mainly played on the xbox I bought the rest of the games on there also, it's basically become standard now, i'm invested.

8. Lavitz

Lavitz Inactive Staff Member

This is the closest I'll get to having an Xbox One :laughing:

[​IMG]

I couldn't pass on the price ($35!), inside it's identical to the PS4 version, besides the game of course, which I'll sell if I even open it.

9. Sykikal

So are you totally opposed to getting an Xbox One now or are you still waiting until they go on sale? I remember you mentioning earlier that you planned to get all three 8th gen consoles eventually.

10. Fenrir

Fenrir Luminary of the stars!! Staff Member

yeah, pretty late but i have an xbone. don't use it as much as i'd like and i might even go as far to say that maybe i shouldn't have gotten it in the first place.

11. Lavitz

Lavitz Inactive Staff Member

If I ever do, it would be at the end of its life.