Smiley suggestions

Discussion in 'Questions Assistance & Feedback' started by Sykikal, Apr 18, 2014.

1. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

I wish there was a way to organize the smiles on the chat. It's so annoying trying to find a specific one. It also feels like there are less there. I'm not going to stop until the majority of the emotes here are my suggestions.

The Crash smile and the Bowser punching both seem a little small to me personally.

Edit: Shatto asked for Pokemon more specifically Zubat>Crobat.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Games I've searched.

Silent Hill > Pyramid Head
    Phantasy Star
    Final Fantasy 4 & 7, Chocobo,
    Crackdown
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
    Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong,
    Toad, Peach, Mario, Yoshi, Chain Chomp, Bowser, Twomp, Goomba
    Star Fox
    Pikmin,
    Samus
    Mr. Game and Watch
    Sonic, Knuckles
    Mega Man
    Super Meat Boy
    Serious Sam,
    Worms
    Street Fighter
    Mortal Kombat
    Soul Caliber, Spawn,
    Dead or Alive
    Crash Bandicoot
    Spyro
    Halo
    Assassins Creed
    NIER
    Professor Layton
    Metal Gear
    The Legend of Zelda
    Viva Pinata
    Tetris

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  2. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Fenrir

Fenrir Luminary of the stars!!

4. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

There are actually more smileys on the chat. The chat includes the smileys that I don't have on the list unlike the forum. The smileys on the chat are also in the same order. It's just that they aren't neatly categorized like they are on the forum. One category immediately proceeds the next.

Some smileys I think would be good: Greninja, Solid Snake, lots of anime related stuff, Kratos, Zeus (from God of War), Master Chief, Big Daddy (Bioshock), Sack Boy, Boo, more Luigi, more Mario (different power ups), Viewtiful Joe, lots and lots of Kirby, Meta Knight, Master Hand, Alucard, Princess Peach, Zelda, Pacman, Pacman ghosts, something from League of Legends and World of Warcraft (I don't actually know the names of many characters from these games), Cloud, Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts characters.. okay maybe I'm getting a bit carried away here.

5. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

Why anime emotes? Also if you're going to include LoL then Dota 2 also

6. Sykikal

Most of the site's regular visitors watch anime. I think they'd use them. I also think anime has a lot of funny facial expressions to draw from. Yeah, Dota is also fine.

7. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Shadow likes this.
  8. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

Care to name off some of the Mario suits? I have no idea what any of them are called.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Outerspace

Outerspace Plebian

[​IMG] This one should be set to (shill)

Also I don't see any use in having 22 walking/flying gifs. Maybe make them useable but don't have them in the list of smileys because they take up a ton of room.

12. Sykikal

Maybe if you can remove the background and make it smaller. I like transparency and not big square emoticons. I categorized the smileys so they wouldn't take up as much room. Which smileys do you think I should unlist? (Note: They still show up on the chat and on the help pages).

13. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

Hax another game you can try is Medievil or Sir Daniel Fortesque

14. Outerspace

Outerspace Plebian

:merchant:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Love me some transparency

15. Sykikal

Added but don't spam this one [​IMG]

:d: (or the others for that matter but this particular image seems particularly inviting to spam).

16. Outerspace

Outerspace Plebian

17. Lavitz

Lavitz Inactive Staff Member

Jehuty in 1080p [​IMG]

18. Outerspace

Outerspace Plebian

19. Lavitz

Lavitz Inactive Staff Member

Attachment

Attached Files:

Sykikal likes this.
  20. Sykikal

This smiley collection is great. All of them are video game related except Mako, they're all transparent (except Snake where it isn't necessary) , they're all a reasonable size, they don't have excessive amounts of blank areas and most of them express some sort of emotion.

Last edited: May 13, 2014