Smiley suggestions

Discussion in 'Questions Assistance & Feedback' started by Sykikal, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

Post smileys here, and if I like them I'll add them. In general smileys should be gif, or png contain transparency for the background, and be under 45 by 45 pixels (or look good when shrunken down to that). The yellow circular faces should be around 18 by 18 pixels.

Limit the walking/idle/running/flying emoticons. We have enough of them and the ones now should actually convey some kind of emotion.

Edit: Please include smiley code, series where the smiley originates from, and name of the smiley. This helps me when deciding how to categorize the smileys.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  2. Fenrir

Fenrir Luminary of the stars!!

[​IMG]

CROWley and Shadow like this.
  3. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

[​IMG] for the word Kappa

4. Sykikal

Added

5. Outerspace

Outerspace Plebian

6. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

[​IMG]
    Please use this, I combined two of Xat's smiles, (Look) and (AWE) I never thought it would or could be used anywhere. Please make it's link (SoSad). I wish to use it mockingly.

7. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

8. Sykikal

I don't want to use xat smileys for copyright reasons. I know the video game characters could also be under copyright, but I doubt they care and it could be considered fair use. Xat admins sort of know about me and VGI and they'd probably find out about it eventually and take issue.

9. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

Found all these with A bit of looking, some are better than others and A lot could use some re-sizing. I think some could definitely work though.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][\SPOILER]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  10. Fenrir

Fenrir Luminary of the stars!!

[​IMG] as "impatient"

11. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
    Sykikal, Fenrir and Shadow like this.
  12. Sykikal

These all look good. I'll probably have the majority of these added later today. Some of them are a tad large (the link, megaman, and shooting megaman) so unsure if I'll put them in. I'll see how they look after shrinking.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  13. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

Yeah, I didn't really like the DR. Mario, Zelda chicken or Star Fox ones.

I really liked Mario, Chain Chomp, Navi, Twomp and the worms. The rest seem decent. We also need to do something about this thread. Loading it really lags my computer.

14. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

Put your images in a spoiler tag

CROWley likes this.
  15. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

Here's some more.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Shadow likes this.
  16. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

I'll search for some more later.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Shadow likes this.
  17. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

Yes MK and Spawn :y:

18. Sykikal

They're both kind of over sized for smileys. I suppose I could try shrinking them down. The MK characters might look strange though.

19. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

This is as much for you as everybody else, if there's any specific games or characters you want let me know. I intend to keep searching, from the very beginning it's been harder to think of games than to find the emotes themselves. I can post games I've already searched if anybody is interested.

Shadow likes this.
  20. Sykikal

I tried organizing the smileys a bit more. There were too many general video game smileys so I seperated Nintendo smileys off into their own group. This is not a set in stone rule and I mostly just did a lot of this off the top of my head, but most popular series (eg. Mario, DK, Zelda) appear first with the less popular series afterwards. Smileys from the same series are grouped together (which is why I kind of lumped together Mario/DK since they share a lot of games). The same character will also appear right next to each other (eg. first all the Donkey Kongs, then all the Diddy Kong). The most popular characters from the series tend to appear first (eg. Sonic before Knuckles). Not a perfect science but I think it's better than before.

CROWley likes this.