Should people have a right to death?

Discussion in 'Paul's Politics' started by Politics Paul, Feb 20, 2012.

?

Should people be allowed to choose their own death?

1. No, never.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Only if they are very elderly or sick.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, but adults only.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes, even if they are not adults.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Yes, but only if they meet some other criteria (Please specify)

100.0%
  1. Politics Paul

Politics Paul Begin Your Adventure

Do you feel that people should have a right to die through doctor assisted suicide? Do you feel that people have to meet certain conditions in order to qualify? If so, what?

2. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

I Feel People Should Have The Right To Death. When I Saw The Option To Meet Certain Criteria, And The Age Restriction. I Thought, They Should At Least Be 18 Years Of Age. 16-17 If Their Parents Somehow COncent.

They Have To Prove They Are Sane & Not Emotionally Depressed. They Would Have To Sighn A Concent Waver And State That It's Their Own Personal Desire, And That Nobody Is Pushing Them Into The Descision.

3. Lavitz

Lavitz Inactive Staff Member

I think it should be ok if someone is terminally ill and they don't want to suffer

4. CaspeR

CaspeR Inactive

It's their life and they should be able to do with it as they please. They just need to realise that death is a one way street and if they're truly ready to go, I say let it be.

5. dani

dani Inactive

doctor assisted suicide.

count me in.

6. Politics Paul

Politics Paul Begin Your Adventure

Oh yeah, that stuff in the second paragraph is sort of assumed. I probably should have put all those requirements in.

Parental consent for suicide? I can't imagine a discussion like that."Okay Billy, if you want to die that's your call. I understand."

Isn't that covered under the "very sick" option?

7. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

Honestly? Neither Do I. But Maybe They Would Talk To Their Parents About It, Get Some Help. Tell Them Suicide Isn't The Only Option. I Can't See Somebody Being Depressed For a Year Or Two And Waiting Until They're 18 To Commit Suicide.

8. Rafe

Rafe Junior Gamer

Here in Oregon we have the Death with Dignity act. Allows any individual with a terminal illness to be euthanized upon their request. There's restrictions, many of which are similar to what Hax mentioned. Mental illness has to be ruled out, the patient's diagnosis has to be confirmed by a third party, the patient's request must be witnessed by at least one neutral party, the patient signs a contract nullifying any existing health or life insurance policy, etc. There's a lot of red tape involved and the patient is likely to shoot themselves before their request is finally approved. I support the law.​