Seems like a common failing with Forums

Discussion in 'Questions Assistance & Feedback' started by Bassman, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Bassman

Bassman Inactive

I changed some details on my Profil, came to save and it came up with an error message and the Xat ID being wrong. Seeing as I didn't actually go anywhere near the field in question it was marginally annoying...

2. Reggie

Reggie Limit Breaker

Exactly what error message are you keep receiving whenever you are trying to edit your profile?

3. tomhammer3

tomhammer3 Inactive

From your post bass, my best guess is that you are encountering the error saying that there is always something wrong with the xat ID. If you don't want people to know your xat id, my solution would probably be to put in a countoff such as "123456" as a xat ID. It is obvious that it's fake, and it gets rid of the error message because you filled out the box.

If that doesn't help you then I recommend you go to phsycical's profile and ask for help there.

4. Kaix

Kaix Inactive

-Looks at above post- Yep..

When changing the details it might have deleted any info you placed in it earlier or actually detected that nothing was in it to begin with. It's not a common thing but it does happen on some forums no matter the host. Moving on, I agree with Tom. Considering it was a required field (or so I thought it was) something must indeed go into it. Follow Tom's "countoff" suggestion or place your real xat id. If this doesn't help the situation any, or it's the completely wrong info to give you for said error, Physical is indeed the one you would need to speak to. ;3

Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
  5. Bassman

Bassman Inactive

I entered a dummy number as well as the other information I wanted to enter and it was fine.

Not sure what happened on the other forum I had the problem with. I PM'ed someone on the staff and the next time I edited it was fine without having to enter the information that was causing the error.

6. tomhammer3

tomhammer3 Inactive

Awesome! Well I'm glad to hear that you were able to get it fixed!

and kaix... You literally said everything I said but with better grammar and you gave credit to me XD

7. Kaix

Kaix Inactive

Good to hear the the issue was resolved Bassman.

Tom, of course I gave credit to you. I said I agreed with you in my post. Also, I think explaining things with correct grammar is a good thing. On another note we should stop posting here before someone jumps on us about spamming un-needed posts. That would be bad...