PSP mod troubles.

Discussion in 'Sony' started by Lil Foams, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Lil Foams

Lil Foams Keep up the Streak!

:raise: I'm absolutely stumped about where to find a guide on modifying my PSP to play downloaded games.

Does anyone know how to do so and is willing to tell me? Or even where I can find a detailed guide for an inexperienced person?

2. Lavitz

Lavitz Inactive Staff Member

What model? What firmware?

3. Lil Foams

I'm sure it's a Slim. Firmware 5.51. Need me to be more specific about the model? Give me a list of what to look for to find out.

4. Lavitz

PSP-2000 or PSP-3000? I'm pretty sure you can get custom firmware on it with 5.51

5. Lil Foams

That's the only part I don't know, is if it's 2000 or 3000.

6. Lavitz

You'll need to somehow get a pandora battery and magic memory stick, you can either buy one or if you know someone with a modded PSP, they can make them for you if they know anything about custom firmware.

7. Lil Foams

What are those two things?

8. Lavitz

You're better off not even trying because you would probably just brick it

9. Lil Foams

Well isn't it just replacing the battery and memory stick, restarting PSP and fixing a few settings if the system has errors?

10. Nix

Nix Inactive

wow

This conversation went on and on forever :'(

11. Extreme

Extreme Limit Breaker

i accually can't see what he said....

forum skin and his text are blue huh

12. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

God, wish I was around during this time for the convo, could have helped. For future reference though (I know the guy is probably gone now) You can easily tell what model your PSP is by looking at the bar code on the bottom, the part after PSP will be the model, the North American version will not be 3000 but 3001 which is the same.