Posting limit per day & Double post prevention

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Sykikal, Mar 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

In order to prevent spam, new posting limits have been set in place.

For members: Only 25 posts per day, and 3 threads per day.

For "warned" users: 4 posts per day, no threads.

Badge holders do not have a limit on their posts, besides the spam check that only allows users to post once every 30 seconds.

Additional note:

I didn't feel like making new thread about it, but just as a note. Double posts will now automatically be merged.

They've always been against the rules, but many users still do it often.

I was thinking of some way to allow it for badge holders, but it really isn't allowed at all, so there's no reason to make it a "feature" to be able to double post.

If there is any reason you need to double post you can request an exception here, but odds are I'll just tell you to merge your posts.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  2. Nitro

Nitro Inactive

Thanks for the update phsycical
    I been watching a certain member who's been posting nonstop
    It needs to stop :stab:

3. CaspeR

CaspeR Inactive

Seems reasonably flawless, I hope it works.

4. Nitro

Nitro Inactive

Still though, I kinda feel there should be no limits on this
    We have a right to talk, but not to spam
    Also I heard you can't reply in old threads
    But I see most people doing it
    Is this allowed or no?

5. Snow

Snow Dedicated Member

Great, I hope this stops some people.
    I used to post a lot, though now I rarely post, maybe once or twice a day...
    There someone that already has like 160+ posts in 2/3 days.

6. Ryez

Ryez Inactive

Mhmm, I'm The kind of person that loves to post, but.. it isnt spam that's bad :| the limit is good, it prevents people from just posting just for points, ALSO, if it resets at 12AM, that meens sum1 can come on at 11am, do 25 posts, leave for 30 mins, come back & do another 25 ? Lol

7. Reggie

Reggie Limit Breaker

That can happend. Think of it this way; if the person does do that, he would be posting 50 messages per day but must wait 2 days instead of one to get 50 messages. On the other hand, if you post 25 messages at 11:00pm March 24, and then post another 25 at 12:00am March 25, then chances are that you cannot make any threads until March 27, I think.

8. Sykikal

No, not really. I mean you have a right to move your mouth and have sound come out, but not a right to post here. I mean I could shut down the forum or make it so no one could post.

That being said, can't you get in everything you want to say in 25 posts?

If you have something significant to add to the thread, then it's fine. I don't like it when people post in old threads just to say "That's cool" or something. Then again, I don't like posts like that anyway. It really just depends on the content of the post more than the age of the thread. Odds are you won't get in trouble for posting in "old" threads, don't worry about it too much.

9. Reggie

Reggie Limit Breaker

If someone was to double post, will you have to merge the post manually or will the Forum itself detect users who are doubling their posts? I typically do not like the idea of double posting, unless someone is trying to bump a thread up for a good reason, there is no point in doubling.

10. Sykikal

Did you read the thread?

"Double posts will now automatically be merged. " Automatically, as in without a person doing it.

11. Nitro

Nitro Inactive

Cool, because I was scared about that. I was warned about that before and I saw some people still doing it. So I asked that question

12. Ryez

Ryez Inactive

Kk, Well, I dont like this but, there is a thing where, once you have made 2 threads, you have to wait 2147Minutes to post another thread!

But yeah i'm like wtf?!

13. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

Posting

it's good to know we can post to olf "topics" if our contend is good i got a pm from somebody complaining not to post to old forums posts when i first got to this site

14. xxpkerxx

xxpkerxx Inactive

:lol: nice rule fantasic!!!

15. Extreme

Extreme Limit Breaker

what's so funny dude:cross:

16. sk1l1erpwn8

sk1l1erpwn8 Inactive

Thanks for te update physical. This will help some spam. These forums are almost at 20,000 posts total.

17. Fenrir

Fenrir Luminary of the stars!! Staff Member

same here i hope it stops some people

18. Extreme

Extreme Limit Breaker

some people from posting more xd:lol:

wooohoo vgi forums = spam free:woop:

19. Nin10dO

Nin10dO Inactive

If your a trusted member or like a moderator, can you post more than 3 threads and 25 posts a day?

20. Extreme

Extreme Limit Breaker

no members can't post more than 25..mods can do everything they can even post 50 xd:raise:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.