Post your general goings on.

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by CROWley, Mar 12, 2015.

1. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

Lavitz and I were talking about this in the chat the other day. I always thought a thread like this would be awesome. If it doesn't get the attention it deserves, at least I tried.

Just post and discuss what you're doing in the various games you're playing. This could be a great place to share information about a game that might not deserve it's own thread. We could also share these in the chat when everybody is playing the same game for a short time but they'd be lost to time. People who get the games later also can't participate.

Borderlands 2
    I just finished with Borderlands 2 for the time being. I was doing every quest I had activated with the exception of 2 really difficult ones. Back to Lost Odyssey. I was also kinda scared of continuing Borderlands 2 and doing any of the DLC. I said if I kept dying I'd do 15 pushups and it was hard enough when I died once.

Pokemon Shuffle
    I've also been playing a lot of Pokemon Shuffle. It's a really fun Pokemon spin off puzzle game. I've captured both Kyogre and Mew, both special legendary Pokemon events. I've also captured every form of Rotom as far as I'm aware. (Special forms). I've started to focus my attention on Riolu which has proven to be a pain in my ass. It's a free to play game so they want you to do micro-transactions. You use a heart when you start a match against a Pokemon. It takes 30 minutes to regenerate a heart and it goes to a max of 5. I've found it to be a really fun game and I always look forward to when my hearts replenish.

Lost Odyssey
    I've already got a thread about this game in my private topic saying almost everything I think about the game. The combat pissed me off so I started Eternal Sonata on the side. starting 2 JRPG's wasn't a good idea and that's why I went to Borderlands 2. I'm going back to Lost Odyssey today. Gonna play Eternal Sonata on the side and maybe start Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem as well.

Serious Sam 3: BFE
    I'm finishing my Serious difficulty run. The game is hard as all hell. I'm also not as familiar with it as Serious Sam 1. I've completed 6/12 story missions and partway through #7. The game is taking everything I've got even following a Serious Diff guide showing all the secret weapons/ammo.

Fenrir, Shadow, Sykikal and 1 other person like this.
  2. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

I haven't really been playing any games lately.

My most recent game would be Xenoverse and CS:GO

Xenoverse
    Around level 32 now, really enjoying the game but since it has RPG elements, a lot of the missions you can replay have different items that can drop from cosmetic items, clothes that have stat boosts and actual moves or transformations. This is great and all but the drops are completely random so even if you ace (or Z) the mission and complete all the hidden conditions, there is still no guarantee you'll get a drop from it. I've played a mission multiple times and can't get Kaioken x3 or x20 to fucking drop. There is one mission that I can't even completely beat because you have to fight Goku and once he goes Kaioken x20 he's still easy to beat but you have Vegeta fighting with you and if he dies then it's game over and he gets his damn ass handed to him because he just Leroy Jenkins Goku and gets obliterated.

CS:GO
    Really enjoy the game for being just a semi generic team shooter. I have no idea why I enjoy or even want gun skins but I do, Valve knows what they're doing. Most matches where I have decent ping under 100 that doesn't fluctuate a lot I usually end up at the top 3 places of the board, first few matches playing Arms Race (my favorite mode) I was called a hacker for dominating the whole other side. I really like that the game is skill based, no aim assist and if someone is hacking it's generally easy to spot.

Slender: The Arrival
    Planning on playing this relatively soon and see how well I can do with that, been a while since I played a Slender game and looking forward to the new content they've added since I last played it a year ago.

Far Cry 3
    Game is overall very fun and I enjoy it except no matter what FPS I get on the game (sitting at around 40-50 FPS on ultra settings) the game seems choppy like it's lagging but it's not so this issue really bothers me and keeps me from enjoying the game fully. I'm lacking a CPU fan so I can't play the game for very long before my CPU temp reaches the 70's (C) which I don't like.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  3. Seth

Seth Fame Had An IV

I've only been playing Majora's Mask, just because I like to focus on one game at a time. I'm probably about seventy five percent of the way through the story and it's probably one of the best titles in the series. I haven't been playing it too much just because I've been working a lot.

4. Fenrir

Fenrir Luminary of the stars!!

Outlast/Outlast Whistle blower

Just beat this game and its dlc, loved it reminded me so much of the clocktower series

Destiny
    Not too far into it, waiting for syk so we can get further into it..

Oddworld New n tasty

j
    ust running through this game again in hd!! not too far in this game either although it isn't a long game.

5. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

That reminds me of the secret level in Ninety-Night Nights. You had to fight through the entire level full of enemies like all the others. Get to the boss fight and fight off a ton more and hope for an incredibly rare drop. Then manage to pull off and insane combo that the game didn't even tell you, you could do. If you failed or it didn't drop you'd have to start all over again.
    Also I know it's scary at first but, Punctuation is our friend.

That's not some-cough-thing I'd understand *cough cough, cough cough cough*

I bought that game on my Xbox 360 but have yet to play it. I definitely want to though. If you get to it before me or start posting about it, we could talk about it. Otherwise, tell me what ya think?

Shoulda got it on console. You wouldn't have problems like that. The game would boot right up. :gabe:

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team
    I have 3 playing copies and around 400 hours on them at the moment I think. (Probably more) I was thinking of starting it like a true Roguelike. I could either start the game over every time I die or maybe sell the remnants of my items when I do but it wouldn't reset my level. If I do start over every time I should post my game times.

Pokemon Shuffle
    I've finally caught Riolu after 2-3 days of trying. I did 2 stages after it that I'm not sure of. Other than those 2, all but 1 of the previous stages has an S rank. The one I have trouble with is Bunneary and having a fighting type, Riolu should help. It doesn't give you a lot of turns and there's extra blocks in the level taking up space. (Like the Riolu one had.) You unlock expert stages and one of the requirements I know of is getting S rank on all normal 150 levels.

6. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

Outlast was quickly made one of my favorite horror games ever. I loved the DLC more than the main game storyline I think. It was just so well done I can't praise it enough.

I've really been wanting this game, I used to play the classic on the PS1 and had great memories of it

I was really tired when typing this out and decided to try to help your thread along. I've never had insomnia before but if this is it, it sucks.

Will edit
    Fair enough

Will do, might play it tonight. Best time to play a Slender game, obviously....
    Boots up just fine, it's just the game that is choppy, it's not the best port ever.

7. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

We should all be helping it out. Like I said, I think it has lots of potential. It also goes hand in hand with the Backlog threads since we can talk about our backlogs as we complete them.

That was a joke. I've spent so much money on random DLC crap, it's not even funny. I understand entirely.

I should do that myself, while it's still dark. I've wanted to start it and have no reason not to. I also need something to play.

Why would you play a port when you can play the original?

8. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

That would be pretty fun, more game discussion and might help keep some of us motivated to keep playing if something interesting happens during a playthrough of a game.
    I've been selling Steam cards in order to get some change to buy skins.
    Cool maybe we can talk about it during if you decide to start (and I do too)
    Because I no longer have a console, my only 360 broke a long time ago.

9. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
    I'm working and having fun with my brothers casually playing it, and trying to get tapes.

Minecraft
    I'm active on two servers.
    One server is an Apple themed server (sry shatto). I'm currently being generous and giving away OP enchanted tools, weapons, armour, etc.
    Second server is HiveMC. For those who haven't seen YouTubers play on this server, it's a server with a bunch of popular minigames. I like playing all of them, but I'm starting to get into the PvP-themed ones.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    Just building new projects. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Team Fortress 2
    Just regularly playing it, trying out new loadouts to see what works best for me.

10. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

Just started this game. What scares me more than anything is waiting for something to happen.
    I turned on a radio and as I walked through a house it got dark behind me and the radio turned off.
    Current Goal: Investigate the scream beyond the Back gate.
    Screw you! How about I go hide in a corner and cry myself to sleep?

I think I just finished the tutorial. Part of me wants to die, so I can have an excuse to go take my chances with Borderlands 2 and pushups. I'm genuinely scared out of my skin right now. Bravo game.

What's that crunching noise? OH SHIT, IT''s NIER ME! Wait.... *stops walking* oh, just my own footsteps. hahhah I knew that ........ :'( Look! A house! Can it cum inside? Wait, it doesn't matter. It can't hurt me if I don't believe it exists.... right? anybody? I'm on my own here...... Gonna find a new corner to go cry in.
    I see it! oh no oh no oh no, what do I do? Do I run? Where do I run to? No! I'm gonna walk up to it. I see death and I face it like an equal! It vanished. Does that mean I win? Why am I more scared now than before? Where is it!?
    Walking through the empty woods. Nothing creepy about this..... There it is again! You and me bro. You, me and my Fleshlight. Oh, it killed me. Sweet freedom never tasted so sweet and free.

I haven't really played much myself since I deleted the Entire Nether last September. I want to turn the Bedrock Box into a gigantic arena and have 2 new traps thought out. I want a village in there and a Castle. I want a Tower made of TNT opposide the Castle. I want the top to be made Of Obsidian with powerful loot inside. The thing is, people can get up but you can't get out. I want a chest with flaming arrows at the Castle. I imagine somebody running up stairs as a TNT tower explodes around them.

I also thought it would be cool to have floating boats made of wood. Full of Sand and give them flaming arrows and dispensers with charges. I think you might get the idea.

I played it a handful of times. It just seems like a mediocre shooter. The levels, graphics, game modes and gameplay are all alright. The goddamn problem is the 20 second to 2 minute respawn times!

Shadow and vengvong like this.
  11. Numb

Numb None of this matters

League of Legends
    Grinding my smurf to plat. And IP. Just doing goofy games on my main from time to time.

Hearthstone
    Grinding gold/dust for more cards. Thinking of making a priest deck. Also thinking of leveling my Rogue to 60 for golden cards.

Smash 4
    Lucina mains WHERE WE @??

CS:GO
    Trying to get better with SSG

12. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

I use Marth, that's kind of like Lucina. I think Lavitz uses Lucina but more as a secondary to Shulk.

I have good deal of stuff going on but I'm in the middle of playing GTA 5 right now, I'll give a more detailed update later.

13. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

You lie, you never play :d:

CROWley likes this.
  14. Numb

Numb None of this matters

Bro I can CRUSH you. I'm talking 4 stock you when it's only 3 stocks. That's how bad.

U-UHH as John Cena says "You can't see me!"

15. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

Borderlands 2
    Starting Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage.
    Mr Torgue is hilarious so far.

"You may have noticed that everyone here is trying to kill you, Torgue personnel included. YOU'RE WELCOME. I didn't want you to get bored so I was like, F*ck it, give everybody guns! We lost like half our workforce in three days, but who gives a F*CK!?"
    The arena I entered is fun but scary. Having to do pushups every time I die makes every battle that much more intense.
    Died and had to do more pushups. I don't know how many more deaths I have in me today.
    I decided to start playing again and died a third time in Borderlands 2. Don't worry, I made sure to murder all the bastards who murdered me. These pushups are getting much easier as well.

Pokemon Shuffle
    35 stages complete. 35 Pokemon Captured 34 S Ranks. (I also captured Mew, Kyogre and the special Rotom forms.)
    When I first got this game I was only playing once a day. When I found out how long it takes to regen hearts I started playing every few hours when I'm awake. It's almost like a highlight of my day.

Pokemon Y
    I booted the game back up, organized my PC and Bank but I'm not really sure what to do. I'm not trading or battling yet. Don't have any fake Pokemon to migrate and trade. I just got some LV 80 Japanese Deoxys off Wonder Trade. I thought you couldn't trade those over WT. I'm gonna start shiny hatching, Wonder Trading, battling, trading on Serebii and all that. I need to figure out how many battles I did. I know 2 of my losses were BS and didn't count. It was somewhere around 19 total I think.

3/14/2015
    Played Borderlands 2 and died 2 times so more pushups.

Pokemon Trozei
    I bought and beat this game years ago. I remembered using Action Replay at the time. I decided to play through it for a quick completion. I also wanted to play Pokemon Shuffle but couldn't due to thee turn limit. Next is Pokemon Battle Trozei.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  16. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

Xenoverse
    Almost level 50 (48) and the game seems to spike in difficulty unless you really start grinding the side missions and even those spike and get really fucking hard. Finally got Kaioken x3 to drop but only AFTER buying SSJ because the game sure as shit wasn't going to give it to me. I'm sure I screwed up my stats somewhere along the way, so collecting dragon balls now to get a stat reset.

I'm fucking stuck on the second chapter/level. I know the map but after the 5th or 6th page Slender just goes after me and even sprinting doesn't help, there's no way to escape him that I can find. Hell I've spun in circles looking for him and he's not around but my vision gets all static and I start dying. Tried with the flashlight off, on, crouching, walking, sprinting, everything. I took your idea HaxAras and did pushups every time I died, that shit got real old, real fast.

CROWley likes this.
  17. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

I'm torn between laughing and crying. On one hand the thought of all the pushups you must have done is hilarious. Then I think of the (probable) 300+ Borderlands 2 has caused me to do. How I'm really scared every time my health gets low and how I'm too scared to play after dying twice.

18. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

Put it this way, there is this achievement:

Marathon Runner
    Surpass 10 000 total steps taken

You're supposed to get it normally playing through the story, I got it on the 2nd level.

19. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

Animal crossing:
    Winding down on this game a bit. I maybe check in every other day or so to collect fruit and buy the three root in order to get the golden axe. I still am kind of interested in it, but seems to have taken a backseat to other games.

Majora's Mask:
    Haven't played all that much of this lately. Still trying to get to the Forest Temple or whatever it's called. I got to the witch in teh woods but forgot where I'm supposed to get the potion to wake her. I'll probably continue this soon.

GTA 5:
    My primary focus at the moment. Really enjoying the online heists. I'm hoping to save up enough or the Savage along with some of the other new heist options.

Xenoverse:
    Started it but my PC isn't playing it all that well.. Hoping to play this more once I get a new PC.

Destiny:
    Went back to this a bit now that Miles is playing it. Started off with a new character. There is lots of stuff I still haven't done on it like completing a raid or getting better gear but the loot system is staring to feel too repetitive to me.

20. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

Is that in the start of the game? I think I got a little past that using a guide. I ragequit trying to win the puppy race and now I don't remember the songs or my progress.

I stopped playing due to randoms online just using explosives nonstop and my friend bailing on me. It just lost all it's fun.

What is that game like? I have a friend who wants me to get it for the Xbone. The same one who bailed on me in GTA: V. He seems to be so sure I'll like it. I don't really mind repetitive stuff as long as I have something to work towards.