Pokemon third generation remakes announced

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Sykikal, May 7, 2014.

• by Sykikal, May 7, 2014 at 12:58 PM
  • Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

Nintendo announced this morning that they would be remaking the Game Boy Advance Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire games from 2002 in the upcoming Pokemon Omega Ruby and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire games. The video stated that the games would be released in November of 2014 on the 3DS.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  • Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Sykikal, May 7, 2014.

1. CROWley
    Some people will whine and cry saying they're unnecessary. To hell with that noise, none of the other remakes were necessary, we don't need a new game every year either. I for one am extremely happy. I felt X & Y were garbage and when they were announced I was hoping it would be gen 3 remakes.
  2. Fenrir
    can't wait to see those water routes in stunning 3D
  3. Sykikal
    I've got mixed feelings about it. I suppose you have a point in that most of the Pokemon games aren't really needed. They said the games would have a "Epic new adventure" and a "Dramatic new world". I don't know if new world means a new region, or a new story mode, or it is a story mode that is chronologically the same but it is taking place after Ruby & Sapphire, like how Gold and Silver allowed you to travel back to Kanto but it was a few years after the events of Red and Blue. They were kind of vague so far.

Is it just me, or does Groudon and Kyogre look sort of like they could have a mega form? Mega Kyogre, as if ubers weren't unbalanced enough.

What I really want to see are the Emerald move tutors and Battle Frontier. That was the best post game content in a Pokemon game that I can remember. On top of that we shouldn't have to transfer all the way from gen 3 just to get Softboiled Clefairy and Seismic Toss, Body Slam, etc. Adding Knock Off tutors from gen 5 would be nice too.
  4. CROWley
    People always go on about the annoying water routes but never mention the deserts or the extremely annoying caves. Just use some max repels. Nintendo's "3D effect" is godawful, I personally can't stand looking at it. I taped that annoying slider on my 3DS down so I wouldn't have to dead with it.

I really wanna know if they're going to redo the old Emerald events most people never got to experience.

This is my 1,000th post, :megaman:

I wonder that myself. I'm wondering if maybe they'll have Hoenn and a sub-par secondary region like Gold and Silver. I thought mega evolutions were stupid so I just didn't use them. I had to do a fight and use a Lucario in Y when I was making money. I just told the game I didn't want it and left it there.
  5. WasNotWhyNot
    I skipped the last remakes but holy moley couldn't have picked a better subtitle for ruby

OMEGA
    RUBY

alpha is also pretty good, but observe

OMEGA; O-MEGA; OHHHHH MEGA
    pokemon omega version
  6. Fenrir
    kyogre master race reporting for duty!
  7. Nin10dO
    I remember discussing about the Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire remakes not too long ago in this forum. I didn't expect it to come out this early though. Nonetheless, I'm getting this game. I've spent the least amount of time on Generation III and I'd like to experience it again.