Pokemon Go progress

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Sykikal, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Sykikal

Sykikal The real Sykikal Staff Member

It seems like a lot of people here have Pokemon go so I thought maybe we should have a thread about it.

So far I've gotten Bublasaur, Charmander, Pidgey, Rattata, Ekans, Sandshrew, Sandlash, Nidoran (female), Zubat, Diglet, Meowth, Mankey, Growlithe, Machop, Geodude, Doduo, Dotrio, Cubone, and Ryhorn. I'm also on level 6 and picked the red team. I haven't tried getting a gym or powering up my Pokemon yet.

2. Unknown Entity

Unknown Entity Junior Gamer

Rarest catches: Charmander, Pinsir, Scyther, Pikachu
    32 caught, 34 seen.

3. Sykikal

I got some new Pokemon since last time. Pidgeotto, Spearow, Golbat, Primape, Ponyta, Voltorb, Koffing, Rydon and Pinsir. I also made it to level 9. I still don't think I'm tough enough to challenge any of the gyms. I saw a list on reddit ranking Pokemon by their power. Dragonite, Snorlax, and Lapras were in strongest rank, while Vaporeon and Arcanine were ranked pretty highly too. It seems like those are the Pokemon I'm tending to see at gyms so I'm guessing it's fairly accurate. Arcanine is probably the only one I could access at this point. It seems like the best way to get a strong Pokemon is to catch a bunch of duplicates of that Pokemon then trade those in for candy, but I think I need to be on a higher level to fight off the gyms.

I also missed a Squirtle because it kept breaking out of my Pokeballs. I am getting close to level 12 so I should be able to access Great Balls soon, that might help.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  4. Sykikal

Okay, have an update. Caught some more Pokemon. The strongest is a Flareon with 789 cp. I also made it to level 13. Not sure if I should start going for gyms, I was thinking of waiting until I have a lot of Pokemon to evolve then using a lucky egg and leveling them up all at once. My items are starting to get full so I'm not sure what to toss. I got 48 Super Potions, 46 revives, 81 pokeballs and 57 great balls. Also got 101 Razz Berries. I'm reluctant to to toss out razz berries since they tend to be more rare than Pokeballs but I'm considering it.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  5. Unknown Entity

Unknown Entity Junior Gamer

Up to 52 types caught, have a team of 4 at 700-900ish, will be adding a 5th to that soon.

As for Razz Berries: Use those for rarer pokemon/orange-red circles you want to catch.

Important: USE ANOTHER RAZZ BERRY EACH TIME A POKEMON ESCAPES THE BALL.
    It's only good for a single capture attempt.

6. Sykikal

I don't know if that was directed at me or if it was just general advice. I sort of inferred that from the description but good to get confirmation of it. I found a spot where a group of people used a bunch of lures by a bunch of Pokestops so I was able to go through my balls and many berries as well. I'm on level 15 now. Was able to catch a lot of new Pokemon. From what I read on a reddit post Pokemon from the eggs tend to be stronger than ones found in the wild. Eggs get to max strength at around level 20, and wild get to max strength at around level 30, and 40 is the max possible obtainable level.

So, in theory to get the strongest Pokemon without blowing a lot of Stardust, you'd want to wait until level 20 and then poor all your Stardust into one Pokemon like Snorlax or Vaporeon.

Funny story. I wanted to buy Pokecoins and couldn't because I was banned from Google Wallet. I contacted Niantic support about it and explained the situation. I got an automated response back saying

It's been about a week, no response. Eventually I posted my question on Reddit and someone had a workaround.

I guess having an Android phone it's good to have access to Google Wallet but I'm actually kinda annoyed from a principle standpoint about financially supporting the company when their support is this bad. Even a generic "Due to the large volume of requests we don't respond to individual requests" would have been better because at least then I could have searched elsewhere for answers earlier rather than waiting around for their support.

Yet.. here I am doing it anyway. It's MGS5 all over again, I'm part of the problem. Anyway, I really wanted the bag expansions and I got them up a bit now so that should help.

7. vengvong

vengvong Rainy Season Hero: Froppy

Here's my current Pokémon

[​IMG]

This game is a pretty nice father-son bonding activity. Tomorrow I'm going out w/ my dad to catch some Pokémon and visit some pokéstops.

Btw guys, use these links, it'll help a ton. I suggest putting it in the main post.

Map : http://pokevision.com

CP calculator : http://pogotoolkit.com

8. Sykikal

I'm making some progress. I'm level 21 now and have caught and seen 91 Pokemon. It seems like the amount of exp required goes up a lot when you get into the higher levels so it's getting much harder to level up.

As for Pokemon, I still don't know what to power up. I'm considering Growlithe. It is semi-common around here and I have a good Growlithe that I found from an egg. I might be able to level it up if I catch enough of them. I want to get Dragonite but it's hard to get enough Dratini to level up. Stardust isn't really a problem, it's just getting enough candy of the Pokemon I want. I have gotten several Dratini and I already have a Dragonaire so given enough time it is probably doable. Same problem I have with Eevee. I have a few but not enough to power them up. I haven't even seen a Snorlax in the wild yet. I have over 200 Magikarp candy so maybe I can get Gyarados. Drawback is it's hard to evolve but good news is once I evolve it I'll have no shortage of candies. Maybe if I'm lucky I can find a Gyarados in the wild and save 400 candies. I can't believe they made the cost this high.

I have three incubators left, but each of them only have 1 more usage on them. I burn through these three use incubators so fast. After collecting more than 50 eggs I still haven't come across any 10KM eggs yet. I'm thinking I should save the 1 usage incubators for the 10KM ones and just use my unlimited use one to power through the 5KM/2KM ones but it'll take a while. It'll also be a lot harder to level up for them now. I really wish I could have more influence over what eggs I received or at least be able to toss the common eggs that I don't want.

Edit: Got a 10KM egg and a Magmar today. Looking forward to seeing what's in the egg. I'm hoping for Eevee, Dratini, Snorlax or Lapras.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  9. vengvong

Today some of my friends invited me out to play Pokémon Go for the whole day.

I started by the seaside, and got my Starbucks (we also had to charge our phones there so that was our chill spot). We also caught a Dratini at sea!

I also levelled up to Level 14 and captured my first Gym. We're holding it off pretty well actually.

We went to a school to find a Pinsir and there were surprisingly quite a few people there. We hit up some conversations and made a small group to try and find it.

After that I went to a park, and there were even more players there. We all found a Wartortle, and we also found a Hitmonlee. Lots of people were friendly, it was fun.

When I got home, I showed my captured gym to my brother and parents. My mom was not happy when she found out I picked a female trainer (I did it solely for the clothes, they look ultimately better). Reminds me of BoldHeart calling people trannies for having a female avatar.

My mom also found a Golem in the living room while I was out.....

[​IMG]

10. Sykikal

I'm not sure how many people are still playing this game but it's been a while since I've given an update. I just reached level 25 today.

[​IMG]

It's getting much harder to level up with each level. I'd like to get to 30 eventually but it's getting challenging. I got a third 10k egg (out of 90+ eggs). My first one was Eevee (which is what I was hoping for), second one was Hitmonchan, which is a Pokemon I like but unfortunately isn't that good in battle and I already had one, and I got Kabuto, which I'm okay with since it gave me enough Kabuto candy to get a Kabutops.

I'm trying to get a strong Dragonite. I caught a Dragonite in the wild, but it only has 912CP. I have 82 Dratini candy. I'm unsure if I should evolve a new one (which would take 125 Dratini Candy) or power up the one I have. I got a Lapras but it's CP is only 885 so I can't use it. I want Snorlax, but other than in gyms I haven't seen one anywhere. Even on Pokevision and other trackers. It's tough to hold gyms so I tend to just get 1-2 gyms and cashout. I've never really seen a gym around here held for more than a few hours.

On my Pokedex I have 122 caught. I'm missing several third forms like Venasaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Nidoking, Nidoking, Clefable, Vileplume, Alakazam, Machamp, Victreebel, and Gengar, but I should be able to get them eventually once I save up enough candy. Oddly enough I haven't seen a Grimer or Muk anywhere, but I don't think they're supposed to be all that rare.

11. vengvong

Why do all my Pokémon suck, I'm only in the 700s for CP

12. Sykikal

What level are you now? Everytime you level up (at least up to my current point, unsure if it continues in the 30s) you get the ability to power up your Pokemon 2 more times. So if you're on a lower level not only is it harder to access stardust/eggs but you also have a lower CP cap. On top of that the Pokemon you encounter in the wild will on average be weaker. IVs are another factor but they have a smaller influence than the rest of the stuff I mentioned.

13. Miles

Miles General instigator Staff Member

i hit level 19 today. most of the gyms around me are around level 28-30, i feel like gps spoofing is probably the only way i can catch up at this point.

14. vengvong

Oh, you're powering up your Pokémon. Okay. I haven't done that at all.

I'm level 15

15. Sykikal

Yeah, that too, it's mostly about levels though. Even if you didn't power them up if you catch a strong Pokemon and evolve it, you can get to 1,600-1,800, remaining 400 or so can be done with powering up. For stuff like Magikarp powering up is a lesser factor since you're catching so many of them to get a Gyarados. If you caught 100 of them (for the 400 candy) then odds are you already have one close to max. For stuff like Eevee it might be a more important factor because you catch less of them to get a Vaporeon so you might not have a strong Eevee to start with. Eevee is uncommon here but I had a decent amount of candy from my egg so I ended up powering up the 500CP Eevee I hatched from the egg because I didn't have a stronger one and didn't want to wait around until I caught one. It just meant I had to power up more times and use up more stardust and candy.

16. Sykikal

I'm still on level 25, haven't bothered to make much progress. This is an interesting update though. If the data mining reports are correct it'll mean that you can select a "buddy" Pokemon and that walking with that Pokemon will generate candy for that species without the need to catch more of it. Maybe this means I can get a decent Dragonite without catching dozens of Dratini. Doesn't help me much when it comes to Snorlax unfortunately http://pokemongohub.net/pokemon-buddy-system-data-mined/

17. Sykikal

I don't know how many people still play this, but in case anyone still does I thought it'd be worth pointing out that they're Halloween update is giving players double candy (quadruple for buddies) and Ghastly is appearing at a higher rate. Might be a good chance to evolve some Pokemon/gain exp.

http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/halloween2016/

18. Sykikal

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  19. Sykikal

So, I'm under the impression that people don't play that often anymore so maybe people here are losing interest. Though with legends out and with last week's exp/egg/candy bonus I got back into the game and thought I might post an update. I had been saving up eight 10KM eggs along with tons of evolvable Pokemon for the next event. So I made a ton of progress in the past week. It's weird, I hadn't found a Snorlax at all for the past year then found 4 (3 hatched 1 from a raid). Also hatched 2 Lavitars, 2 Dratinis, Pinecone, Chansey and lots of other stuff.

It seems most efficient to save Rare Candy for legendary since it's almost impossible to rank them up without them. They require 20KM per candy (everything else is 1-5KM) and it seems impractical to go through dozens of legendary raids for the same Pokemon, especially with Articuno going away this Monday. I invested a lot of rare candy in Lugia. I don't know if it's worth investing in Articuno since it doesn't seem to be that much more powerful than Lapras, and I want to save up some for Zapdos. I have 230 caught and 237 seen.

Venasaur is one of the few remaining Pokemon that I haven't gotten that isn't region restricted/legendary. Oddly enough, I've gotten or at least have had the candy to get at least 3 third forms of every other starter family. I've been seeing Charmanders everywhere and a pretty abundant supply of most of the gen 2 starters and Squirtle, but very few Bulbasaurs.

I'm level 34 at the moment but close to 35.

[​IMG]

20. shadowray7

shadowray7 Resident Maki Worshipper

Didn't name gyara big moist.

0/10