Mario Paper Mario: Color Splash

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by ATPrime, Mar 10, 2016.

1. ATPrime

ATPrime Junior Gamer

i know we haven't seen very much of it, but based on what we have heard, what are your opinions on it?

i think it's just sticker star 2. no partners that we know of (other than some paint bucket), little to no new characters, no experience or levels, "special attacks", etc. it looks like it'll be just as disappointing as sticker star, but we'll see.

2. Lavitz

Lavitz Inactive

>no partners
    >no experience or levels
    not worth my time

3. Sykikal

Sykikal Administrator Staff Member

Agreed, The Thousand-Year Door was an excellent game. I later went back and played the original as a result, which I didn't like as much but is to sort of be expected when you're going back and playing a game on a less powerful console. I didn't think Super Paper Mario was as good as Thousand-Year Door but I still enjoyed it. I don't know why they're messing up a perfectly good formula. They should have learned their lesson from Sticker Star.

Anyway, I just glanced at the video from the Nintendo Direct, I don't know all the details yet. I wasn't even aware that this game wasn't going to have partners, experience or levels but if you/the rumors are right I'll be pretty disappointed.

4. Marly

Marly Gamer

It's shit

Mother is dead
    Mario Party is dead
    Metroid is dead

and now Paper Mario is dead

hrrrgh

vengvong and Sykikal like this.
  5. ATPrime

ATPrime Junior Gamer

6. Sykikal

Sykikal Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, this one baffles me. I thought when they made Mario Party 9 that they were doing it as a filler game just so they could get to Mario Party 10 as their "big" unveil. Kind of like how Windows just skipped over 9 because 10 feels more special. The cooperative gimmick seemed stupid. Then they brought it back for 10! Not many game series get a 10. I was expecting online play, more maps, characters, minigames, and everything we could ever want in a Mario Party game, and they totally screwed it up. The online from our emulated Mario Party games is about as good or in some cases better than online from actual official Nintendo games and servers like SSBB Xenoblade X, and some of the other official games. It's sad.

Going to go a bit off topic here, but I remember the day Mario Party 10 launched because it was the same day that they had the gold Mario amiibo. I was actually considering getting MP10 too. They had a big advertisement for the amiibo right outside their store, so I went there first thing in the morning to pick one up. About a dozen other people were waiting for the store to open to get the Mario amiibo when I got there. When we went in, they said the manager wouldn't arrive for another 30 minutes and nobody else even knew where the amiibo was and that they couldn't get the manager by phone. We waited for 30 minutes, it was kind of cool because everyone there was really into Nintendo/gaming so we made some small talk.

Anyway, the manager arrives. Says there are only 3 golden Mario amiibo. 3 of the people claimed to have camped out overnight, so to all the other people waiting for it, sad day for them. Who advertises a product then only has 3 in stock??? Management was a total disaster. Did I mention they went out of business?

http://www.presstelegram.com/busine...ch-wal-mart-to-close-at-the-end-of-this-month