On "Early Access"

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Shadow, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

2. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

Why does the comic read from right to left? What is it, a manga?

Anyway, I don't really have much of an interest in buying an early access game but I don't have a problem with them being sold either. If people really want to buy them that's fine with me.

3. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

No idea, some just do that I've noticed

Also it's not that but the people who buy EA games then complain they want their money back because it's unplayable or buggy

4. Sykikal

Completely unplayable? Like it won't run at all? I'd like to think even with Early Access games there is some level of use out of them.

5. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

Sometimes a game won't run on certain systems which is 90% of the time due to user error but they will blame the devs and game and then go around trash talking it. Most of the time they might try running it on an under speced laptop with outdated drivers and such

However it does say that EA games maybe have "game breaking bugs"

6. Lavitz

Lavitz Inactive Staff Member

It's top to bottom

7. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

Don't confuse him

Seth, Nin10dO and Lavitz like this.
  8. Nin10dO

Nin10dO Inactive

Well, the video game industry has been going down the drain for a while now. Symptoms include pre-order bonuses that were actually cut from the full game; exclusive to those who pre-ordered it, abuse of downloadable content, developers showing pre-rendered trailers instead of actual gameplay footage, companies making deals with 3rd party developers to make their titles come out first on their platform as a timed exclusive instead of making their own IPs and developers asking you to put down full price for a title in early alpha.

Since we're far gone from the days of beta testing and getting a good discount on early access titles, I'd say to never buy games in early access unless you act like you're donating to the developers (kind of like a Kickstarter) instead of actually buying a game.

9. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

Actually there are still a few early access games that give a discount on it being alpha. The Forest, The Dead Linger, Space Engineers, Project Zomboid etc but yeah any dev who charges a full amount for a game in alpha should be watched closely

10. Sykikal

Oh yeah, so it is. Most comics I see just make the first statement start on the upper left, then upper or mid right, then lower left (like reading a book page). It is unusual for them to put the first statement in the upper right like that and I generally only see that type of style in manga.
    Sounds like you three don't have much faith in my ability to grasp simple concepts:grumpy:.

Shadow likes this.
  11. Seth

Seth Fame Had An IV

You have an ability to grasp simple concepts?

12. Sykikal

Sure, I think with a few small exceptions (eg. vegetables) everyone does.

13. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

Wait you don't understand vegetables?

14. Sykikal

I think Lavitz's tendency to make mildly mean jokes may have rubbed off on you. :shifty:

The vast majority of people are capable of understanding simple concepts. People in a vegetative state are among the few people who can't understand simple concepts. If I have to be that specific.

Lavitz likes this.
  15. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

Oh lmao, I actually thought you mean you didn't understand vegetables :rofl2:

16. Shiny Ablico

Shiny Ablico Protector of the People

I love this comic, it sums it up so well.

Shadow likes this.