Oldest game you still have?

Discussion in 'Classic gaming' started by Sykikal, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

What's the oldest game you still own and/or have installed? (Not included ROMs or virtual console games). The oldest physical game I have would probably be Pokemon Yellow. I think I might have some old SNES/N64 games in storage but I don't really have a way to play them since I don't have my SNES/N64 hooked up anymore.

As far as installed games goes, it'd either be Doom 3(2004) or Command and Conquer (I'm not sure if that counts since it was a part of the first decade bundle which was released later).

2. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

Doom 1993 & TES: Arena Mar 1994

3. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

My oldest game would be Nightstalker for the Intellevision. Installed would be The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall.

Now, for the oldest games I have in terms of how long I've had them.
    The original Pokemon games come to mind. 2004-2006 give or take.
    PMD: Red Rescue Team 2007 (I sometimes wonder if I used birthday money to buy this game, (I got it in the early summer 2007 and I don't know where else I would have gotten the money. I remembered playing the demo and not liking it but gave it a shot anyway. Turns out that was one of my all-time best purchases.)
    Pokemon Pearl - Dec 25th 2007
    Two Worlds - 2009
    Jet Set Radio Future - 2010
    Dragon Age: Origins - August 14th 2010

I didn't really start collecting or owning many games until late 2010 and early 2011. Those are the ones that really stuck out and I have put a ton of hours into.
    Up until late 2010, I was primarily a handheld gamer and played on shared consoles when I could. That's the only reason I ever played the Pokemon games. They were easy to get, understand and beat unlike the multitudes of other handheld games I've ever owned. I also didn't have to share them with anybody so I could play as long as I wanted.

4. WasNotWhyNot

WasNotWhyNot idiot visionary

my oldest game is super mario bros. I'm not an avid nes collector but I've made a point to have the nes games I really like. the game I've owned the longest is street fighter II turbo

the oldest game I have installed is commander keen though I wish I never played it.

I'm most proud of my ufouria complete in box, but I'm not too proud of how much it costed. I had just got my tax refund back! it wasn't my fault!

5. Lavitz

Lavitz Inactive Staff Member

Super Mario Bros. I guess since it was a launch game for NES
    Oldest installed game is probably System Shock 2

6. Fenrir

Fenrir Luminary of the stars!!

Super Mario Bros,Tetris and Zelda 1 on the Nes are Some of my Oldest games own Next to pong c:

7. BoldHeart

BoldHeart Loading...

sonic battle gba