Ol Chuck is here

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Chuck, May 8, 2018.

1. Chuck

Chuck Junior Gamer

Ehh I'm bad at introductions but I'll give this a shot. The names Charlie, and an oldtime xat user. I discovered this site/chat years ago, but never bothered to join the site for whatever reasons. Seems like I was missing out on this nice tight-knit community.

Anyways I'm 24 years old, and have been a gamer for most of my life starting with the PS1 and gameboy color. In recent years I've sort of fallen out of gaming a bit, but I still like to play on my xbox one pretty regularly mainly fortnite and occasionally CoD. I'm also one of the few people who still play oldschool runescape lol. My main is 123 and I love to pvm from time to time. Outside of that I'll boot up a Dreamcast gifted to me, and play some games I've burned over the last couple years. I've introduced a lot of my friends to Chu-Chu rocket and they absolutely love it.

I 'm also a huge :weeb: even though I don't keep up with seasonal stuff. I mainly like OVAs/movies from the 80s and 90s and am always looking for new gems to find. Been rewatching quite a few things from my teenage years recently, and have had a blast doing it.

I'm happy to have found this community, and hope to have fun with you all.

Cheers :ok:

Sykikal likes this.
  2. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

Glad you remembered us. Any chance I'd remember who you are? Do you know what year it was when you found the chat?

Any chance you could be tempted to try something more recent? If not what are your other hobbies/interests?

I missed out on Dreamcast. It's kinda something I wanted to try but I barely have time for current gen games. Got any favorite Dreamcast games?

You should fit right in then. Can you name any specific anime you like/watched recently?

http://www.videogameinfo.net/forums/forums/anime.119/

3. Chuck

Chuck Junior Gamer

Ugh god I hope not to be honest lol. I found the chat in the 2009-2010ish range. I was kind of a teenage edgelord who liked to troll. I used to roll with DjZap, Paul a lot and the xat freewebs people.

Most likely I just haven't bought many games recently. I plan to get a new pc soon so I'm hoping I can fill up my steam library with some newer titles. I work a lot so don't have as much as freetime as I wished, but now that the weather is getting nice I'm hoping I can do some fishing and hiking this summer. Otherwise I just like to hang out with my friends do whatever spontaneous activity they're up for lol

It's worth getting into now since it's so easy to pirate games. For me I really enjoy chu-chu rocket for a good party game. Shenmue was really interesting despite being a bit dated, and typing of the dead is surprisingly one of the funnest games I've ever played.

I enjoyed Dragonball Super for the most part. Pretty much the most recently aired anime I've watched. Overlord was pretty fun but I haven't gotten around to season 2 yet, and I just picked up hunterxhunter back up. Currently I'm rewatching Gurren Lagann for like the 5th time.
    Like I said for the most part I've rewatching some older stuff like Patlabor 2, Giant Robo, Wings of Honneamise, Street
    Fighter 2 the movie, and Dominion Tank Police. Good stuff

4. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

Well, Paul stops by maybe twice a year and I talked to DJ Zap about 2 years ago. I don't hold grudges over silly things that long so I wouldn't worry about it. People can change.
    http://www.videogameinfo.net/forums/members/paul.861/
    http://www.videogameinfo.net/forums/members/jon.261/

Hiking sounds adventurous. Mind saying what your occupation is?

Yeah, probably not an immediate priority for me but I always kind of wanted to try Shenmue. Though my main sacrifice with video games is time. Wii U Wii, are also easy to pirate games on and a lot of older games can be emulated. Games on the PC aren't that expensive either.
    DB Super is the only one of those I've seen. I've heard of Overlord and hunterxhunter, might watch them someday.

5th? 4 wasn't enough?

5. Chuck

Chuck Junior Gamer

haha thanks I was cringey back then so I appreciate it.
    I work at a hotel doing banquets. Hours are all over the place, but it pays fairly well.
    Definetly reccomend HxH if you're into shounen at all. One of the better ones imo.
    Nope lol still just as fun as it was the first time I watched it.