Nintendo confirms Pokemon Sun and Moon

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Sykikal, Feb 26, 2016.

• by Sykikal, Feb 26, 2016 at 7:11 PM
  • Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

Nintendo announced Pokemon Sun/Moon, 7th generation games for the 3DS in 2016. While not much information has been revealed about the upcoming games, Nintendo also announced that you could use Pokemon bank to transfer Pokemon from the upcoming virtual console releases of Pokemon Blue, Red and Yellow on 3DS onto Pokemon Sun and Moon (but not 6th generation games). Here's the 6 minute and 32 second Pokemon direct in case you missed it.

As an interesting note, the following TMs, which were previously only available in generation 1, may allow some new move combinations into the current generation games.

Whirlwind, Razor Wind, Horn Drill, Take Down, Bubble Beam, Water Gun, Pay Day, Submission, Mega Drain, Dragon Rage, Fissure, Teleport, Bide, Egg Bomb, Skull Bash,Tri Attack.

Some previously unobtainable combinations include

• Whirlwind Mew and Zapdos
    • Horn Drill Dragonite and Mew
    • Tri Attack Alakazam, Mewtwo, Clefable, Chansey, and Starmie
    • Fissure Machamp (which has the potential to use the ability No Guard), Poliwrath (which has the potential to use Mind Reader)
    There are also Pokemon that could learn moves but lost the ability in later generations.

• Lapras also learns Solar Beam through generation 1's TM, but couldn't in future generations.
    • Kabutops could learn Hydro Pump through level up in generation 1, but not in later generations.
    • The following Pokemon could learn Reflect in Generation 1 through TM but lost the ability in later generations: Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur, Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard, Squirtle, Wartortle, Blastoise, Butterfree, Beedrill, Pidgey, Pidgeotto, Pidgeot, Pikachu, Raichu, Nidoran♀, Nidorina, Nidoqueen, Nidoran♂, Nidorino, Nidoking, Vulpix, Ninetales, Oddish, Gloom, Vileplume, Paras, Parasect, Venonat, Venomoth, Growlithe, Arcanine, Tentacool, Tentacruel, Ponyta, Rapidash, Slowpoke, Slowbro, Farfetch'd, Doduo, Dodrio, Shellder, Cloyster, Voltorb, Electrode, Chansey, Electabuzz, Gyarados, Lapras, Eevee, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Porygon, Omanyte, Omastar, Kabuto, Kabutops, Aerodactyl, Snorlax, Zapdos, Moltres, Dratini, Dragonair, Dragonite

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  • Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Sykikal, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Fenrir
    they may just deny you access to these pokemon through the bank
  2. Sykikal
    They could but it'd be a serious dick move. Besides, which would they? It'd just discourage sales.
  3. ATPrime
    it'd be even more of a dick move if they locked it behind a paywall
  4. Sykikal
    It's already a paywall in the sense that you have to buy RBY (again), buy Pokemon bank, and buy Pokemon Moon or Sun!
    vengvong likes this.
  5. ATPrime
    that's gotta be at least $80 just to use a pokemon bank, jesus christ
  6. Sykikal
    Well, the Pokemon Bank is $5 a year, Sun or Moon will likely be $40, and I read online that the eShop games are $10, but I don't really have a problem with them charging money for different games, and backwards compatibility from the original GB to 3DS seems like an unreasonable expectation to me. So I don't really have an issue with any of this. I just want the ability to bring generation 1 moves back.
  7. Sykikal
    I bought Pokemon Yellow (again) and tried the Mew glitch. It still works. Other sites online seem to say Missingno works. Looks like they didn't fix the glitches.