Nintendo Announces New 3DS system

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Shadow, Aug 29, 2014.

• by Shadow, Aug 29, 2014 at 8:33 AM
  • Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

[​IMG]

Yes. The new 3DS is actually called New 3DS (try not to make that confusing at Gamestop)

Aside from the terrible naming scheme Nintendo has going on, this "New" 3DS model posses some interesting upgrades from older models. Faster, bigger screens, longer battery life, colorful revamped face buttons, new C-stick, improved 3D viewing angle, other small changes and a new CPU that has already become a controversial topic.

This new 3DS model will come in Black and White. The New 3DS XL model comes in Metallic Blue and Metallic Black.

Note that in Japan, the 3DS XL is called the "3DS LL"

[​IMG]

Starting with the new face buttons, they're very reminiscent of the famicom and this was an intentional design decision by Nintendo.

[​IMG]

Here you can see that the game card slot has been moved to the front left side, the power button and where the touch pen is housed.

[​IMG]

Back of the New 3DS

[​IMG]

The touch pens for the New 3DS and the New 3DS XL models respectively

[​IMG]

The New 3DS now has the feature to automatically adjust screen brightness depending on the lighting, which also means better battery life.

[​IMG]

Regarding the new C-stick

The new C-stick feature will be used in Dragon Quest X: Online, Final Fantasy Explorers, Monster Hunter 4G to control the in-game camera function and in the upcoming Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS to unleash Smash Attacks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

With the old 3DS model, if you viewed the screen from the side and didn't stay in the just the right spot the 3DS became all blurred. The New 3DS has improved 3D however, allowing players to continue to see the 3D effect if viewed from an angle.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nintendo figured out how to stabilize the 3D. The New 3DS uses the portable's camera and gyro sensors to track the player's face and from that can then make adjustments, ensuring the 3D effect isn't blurred.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The New 3DS also now comes equipped with a NFC reader/writer in the bottom screen, which means players can put Amiibo toys directly on the screen to have the 3DS read them.

[​IMG]

The New 3DS now allow for more storage with a Micro SD card, located on the back of the 3DS under the covering

[​IMG]

The New 3DS also has a more powerful CPU, which means players can download games and content quicker. This means that better-looking games can be developed for the New 3DS as well, but also that there will be New 3DS-exclusive titles, such as the already-announced Xenoblade Chronicles.

Speculation is already occurring with gamers worrying if their current 3DS's will be locked out of most upcoming games and will be forced to upgrade to this "New" 3DS in order to keep playing newer games.

[​IMG]

Lets take a look at some more specs of the system, specifically the improved battery life, weight and size of the new handheld. Most of these images will speak for themselves. Here it appears that the New 3DS is a bit heavier but the New 3DS XL is lighter than the older XL model with size slightly increased in both 3DS and XL New models.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And in the follow images the battery life in comparison of the New 3DS models and the old ones
    The New 3DS has a battery life of 3.5-6 hours while the old had 3-5 hours. The New XL version is 3.5-7 hours in contrast to the older XL model of 3.5-6.5 hours.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And finally the price, well in Japan anyway. The New Nintendo 3DS is priced at 16,000 yen ($154) and the New Nintendo 3DS XL is priced at 18,800 yen ($181). Both will be out October 11 in Japan. with the EU version coming in 2015

[​IMG]

I personally am very excited to see what Nintendo is capable of regarding games with the new CPU, C-stick and NFC reader. I'm semi close to being able to purchase a 3DS and hopefully this New 3DS doesn't take too long to arrive in the states.

Sykikal likes this.
  • Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Shadow, Aug 29, 2014.

1. BoldHeart
    im really happy about the new c stick and everything else is awesome. the missing c stick on the xl was the hole reason why i dint get it. i could just buy the pro circle pad and better battery with better sd card separately instead

[​IMG]

im thinking the c stick on the 3ds should be yellow like on the gamecube controller? maybe they forgot? or is it intended?
    *edit*
    now that i think about it, the gamecube controller doesnt have all color buttons
  2. vengvong
    I'd honestly prefer the 3DS (XL)'s 3D function over the latter. If viewed at the correct angle at either the left or right side, it would come out clear, and still in 3D, meaning at most 3 people could see the 3D screen at the same time.
  3. Shadow
    On the system itself I'm not sure. If you mean the SD card then that's up to you
  4. BoldHeart
    will the smash bros 3ds be the new 3ds?

sorry, what i ment was, how much space is on the micro sd card that comes with the new 3ds? i know you can change the sd card
  5. Shadow
    What do you mean by that?
    I'm not sure if an SD card is going to come with the New 3DS or not. They may have models that do and don't come with an SD card already but likely not too big in general
  6. BoldHeart
    the 3ds thats coming out with ssb4. will it be the xl or the new ( new 3ds )? the smash bros 4 and 3ds bundle
  7. Shadow
    Well since we don't have a release date for the New 3DS in the states it's uncertain but I assume it will be for the New 3DS since it actually makes use of the C-stick. The new system bundled with a SSB4 game should sell a lot for Nintendo
  8. BoldHeart
    [​IMG]

ive figured it out. ssb4 will come with the new 3ds because of amiibos being compatible with it and being a part of ssb4
    Shadow likes this.
  9. Sykikal
    It looks like they did a good job with this. They fixed the problems that were present in the regular 3DS. I probably won't be getting it because well.. two 3DSs are enough, and I like the Zelda 3DS XL. I guess that means if I want to have a second control stick I'll have to use that clunky looking add on. At least they're making the add on though. I hope it isn't GameStop exclusive this time. The SNES colors is a simple touch by I like that as well. Sony and Microsoft are already doing something similar with their controllers.
  10. BoldHeart
    so they're about to copy nintendo again
    Shadow likes this.
  11. Seth
    Because I just didn't spend $150 on the Pikachu 3DS XL last year. Mess.
  12. Sykikal
    I meant Sony and Microsoft already had four separately colored buttons. They've been doing this since the original PlayStation and the original Xbox. I suppose Nintendo would be first since the SNES came out well before both of those.
  13. Shiny Ablico
    This looks amazing, I will definitely buy a New 3DS LL.
    Shadow likes this.