Nintendo 3DS release date and details

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lavitz, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Lavitz

Lavitz Inactive Staff Member

[​IMG]

The Nintendo 3DS will be released in Japan February 26th, 2011 and will retail for ¥25,000 (USD$300), It will be available in Blue and Black. They didn't give it a specific release date for the west but it should be out sometime in March 2011.

Wondering why Gameboy and Gameboy Color games never appeared on the virtual console? That's because the 3DS will have its own store filled with them.

The Japanese price doesn't exactly mean it's going to be $300 here, the original DS sold for 15000 yen in japan which is $185 and the price for North America was only $150

I'd say it's probably going to be around $250 over here.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  2. Seth

Seth Fame Had An IV

I'm probably not going to get it right away, inless of course I have a job. If I were to get it, I'd want Kid Icarus, Ocarina of Time, Resident Evil: Mercenaires and maybe Metal Gear. I might also get it in blue :o

3. Lavitz

We have until march to save up for one, I'm buying Black ops then saving money until then

4. Nin10dO

Nin10dO Inactive

Yeah, kind of expensive, I might not get it now. Might wait a year then get it. :@

5. Lavitz

You have 6 months...start saving:woop:

6. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

i think there is plenty of time ill buy it a little after it comes out then ill buy the other ds's later on its nice to see it looks like theyve added a thumbstick

7. Reggie

Reggie Limit Breaker

Although I am not a fan of handheld games, I really do not mind buying the Nintendo 3Ds. This really would give me something to do whenever I am walking to school, and yes, the GameBoy color and Advance were good as well. I bought one of those and it had a good use to it. I sure wish that they had Mario games as well as they did with the GameBoys.

8. Avion

Avion Inactive

Ehh I saw this and now wondering if I still wanna get the PSP.. :/
    I still need to save a little so I guess I'll see when the times comes.

9. Seth

Seth Fame Had An IV

Now that I think of it... I won't be getting it at launch. I have to pay my parents back, and without a job its kind of hard.

10. Lavitz

It's actually pretty funny how the 3DS will have more good launch games than good PSP games in general

11. Avion

Avion Inactive

Haha really? I'ma look into it a bit more.
    It just kinda stinks because I just bought the DSi not that long ago :/

I'll still have to see I guess..there's still a ways to go ;P

12. Lavitz

Well in my opinion anyway, I just think there aren't many good games for PSP, I use mine for emulating mostly.

13. Extreme

Extreme Limit Breaker

wow!!!!!

this is awesome...got 2 more pictures yay

[​IMG]

14. Nin10dO

Nin10dO Inactive

Lol, I been starting. Probably have $240 at the time.

---------- Post added 10-23-2010 at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was 10-02-2010 at 01:12 PM ----------

PSP is like used for music, browser, etc. While DS care about the games.

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

Nice. I hope the 3DS has a wide variety of colors.

15. Lavitz

I think it's only going to be black and blue...remember all the Wii colors they showed us before release?

16. Seth

Seth Fame Had An IV

I still rage at those damned wii colors...

17. troll

troll Keep up the Streak!

lmao. Who cares what color they are? As long as we are guys and they are not pink or purple, we are all set.

18. Extreme

Extreme Limit Breaker

hmm yeh..may be silver..

haha agree...thank god there is no pink:@