New partnership deal announced!

Discussion in 'Safespace' started by Sykikal, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Sykikal

Sykikal Administrator Staff Member

Hey everyone, I have some exciting news! Unfortunately, the advertisements haven't been returning the rates as they used to, and VGI's server is experiencing more and more technical problems. Not only that, VGI seems to be more than 90% males. I kept wondering, "Is there some issue I have content wise that turns away females?" Haotsu noticed my issue and offered to partner with us. She owns a popular feminist blog. Naturally, I was skeptical, but she decided to give me a "trial run" by linking to my site. The results were better than I could have ever expected! In addition to promotion Haotsu agreed to helpout with revising the rules, graphic design, etc. I've been getting rather busy lately so I don't have as full of a schedule to manage these issues as I'd like. While we didn't completely agree with every issue, she was able to show me some very good points for feminism and why it is necessary. She says she just wants a chance to help provide some helpful information and resources for the users here.

Unfortunately, I have a bit of bad news. Lavitz and I have been at odds for a while now. He's been totally rude and disrespectful to Boldheart and I, among other users. I tried to work it out but he doesn't seem interested in listening. Until further notice I'm demoting him. Fortunately, I found a replacement to handle Lavitz's side of things: Boldheart. Most of the moderators like pointy/miles are busy with work and I have a lot of new issues that need to be handled, he was willing and seems truthworthy enough. He also has shown a very strong interest in fairness and the rules so I'm sure he'll be fine. What could possibly go wrong?

Lavitz seemed pretty angry about it and doesn't want me using his dark theme anymore. I was hesitant since I've been using it for so long and it's what people had become accustomed to, but now that I think of it, blue sort of is associated with males too much. It's not really fair that VGI has such an over representation of a specific gender. Although I didn't really have the time to create a new theme on such short notice. Fortunately, Haotsu once again was able to save the day by creating a new theme. In less than an hour too! Is she unbelievable or what?

Haotsu will be handling some of the minor policy issues while I'm away. She feels that having custom titles can be a bit of an issue because it makes it difficult for users from her blog to identify us, so she may be replacing them with titles she feels are more appropriate. She might also be doing some minor rule revisions. She'll be posting another topic on that shortly. She might also have a few minor word filters to help change inappropriate words to ones she feels are more appropriate.

All and all not much will really change, we're just doing a few minor policy changes to make sure that are rules are fair to all parties/genders involved. Looking forward to this new chapter in VGI!

2. Numb

Numb None of this matters

Can everyone have rainbow text? Is that a possible addition for the all would-be gays/lesbians to recruit to our site?

3. shadowray7

shadowray7 Resident Maki Worshipper

Praise the one true admin: Boldheart

4. Sykikal

Not a bad idea, but I don't think just everyone should get it. Only if they get 5,000 posts. Kappa

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  5. Numb

[​IMG]

Shadow likes this.
  6. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

I'd like to see this Kappa

7. Haotsu

Haotsu Feminist Deity

It's like scientology, I can't just show you the highest level of material without first taking you through the earlier stages or it might scare you off. Baby steps. Though you already identify as a female so you're already half way there! I'm sure you'll make it in no time.

8. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

But Syk knows you have a blog, so he's seen it then? If not then he's just taking your word for it and we have no proof of your feminist authority, any female can claim to be a feminist, but it takes a real feminist to make a blog

9. Sykikal

Yes, I just recently was permitted to see it after several weeks of heavy duty feminist immersion courses. It took a while but Haotsu finally managed to make me see the light and hopes to do the same for the rest of the forum members. It took me several weeks, but I bet you could do it in half that!

10. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

I'd like to take the courses, I'm already taking courses on coursera and they're great, I bet feminist courses would be fun

11. Sykikal

Semester just ended, but your enthusiasm for the cause is greatly appreciated! Don't worry, you haven't missed out. A new course will be starting up in a few weeks, in the meantime, expect to see more educational material from Haotsu. Heck, with that kind of attitude you may even make it into the site before the courses start!

12. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

Since most anime objectifies girls/women, is she going to place a ban on anime too?

13. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

That's an overgeneralization.

14. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

I think it's for the feminist overlord authority to decide.

15. Numb

Nothing wrong with objectifying cuteness!

[​IMG]

16. Haotsu

Haotsu Feminist Deity

Eventually, yes. Remember, baby steps. I’ve been doing a bit of research on this site. Anime has become so ingrained into their primitive culture that it will be too much of a culture shock to immediately ban it. I don’t think they can handle it. I want to win them over, not alienate them all at once.
    Although, the ultimate goal is that they realize the folly of their ways so much that there's no need for a ban. They'll stop posting objectifying material of their own free will. A ban will only be needed for new users who haven't yet seen the light.

Shadow likes this.
  17. Numb

This doesn't sound like feminist.. now I'm skeptical..

18. Haotsu

Haotsu Feminist Deity

True, it doesn't, we are looking into new methods. Have you seen the religious people who harass you and tell you that you're going to Hell right from the start? Most people just SHUT THE DOOR on them. Just like certain sales people know if they mention the price right from the start the customer will immediately leave. So the more effective technique is to start small, mention the benefits, and then, only after they want the product, you mention the catch.

We’d love to just say “JOIN US OR DIE” or “ALL CIS-MEN WHO DON’T OBEY US ARE RAPIST PIGS WHO WE’LL SKIN ALIVE”. Oh, I’m sorry, that’s part of the advanced feminist material, I’m not supposed to post that yet. It alienates some people, you’ll understand. We’ll get to that stuff later in more details once you’re prepared for it.

19. Numb