N3DS C-Stick How To Use It Properly (Also contains BoldHeart logic inside)

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Shadow, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

So last night Bold was again trying to dissuade me from getting a New 3DS because he claims the C Stick is terrible. I have heard a couple of complaints about it, nothing much and certainly not something that would make the N3DS a poor purchase, it still has other features I'd use like built in Amiibo support, better browsing, better load times (43s compared to 15s) and better lighting and camera.

He made a miiverse thread https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkTTAf65Q

He left out essential information in his post that I just told him moments prior.

The deleted comment was Vengs saying the c stick is fine, Bold deleted it.

BoldHeart:
    your comment got deleted and if you post anymore dumb shit on it, im blocking you

Bold wanting to prove that if others say how bad the C stick is, it might convince me. I can play with that logic too so I simply googled the C stick to see if others are having issues. I got this right away:

https://www.reddit.com/r/3DS/comments/2wkbvo/how_to_properly_use_the_new_3ds_cstick/

With people saying once they learned to use it properly, it's just fine and they love it. Also with this image.

[​IMG]

The C "stick" is essentially a nub, I've used one before on a keyboard we have for the many PC's I've come into contact with, it works just fine if you understand it's not to be pushed to one side or dug out with your fingernail (Bold) and it works like a touch pad.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bold won't accept when I bring up a thread full of people saying the C stick is fine but wants to make a thread full of his friends denouncing the c stick to convince me, after I just told and showed him how people and himself, are using it wrong to begin with.

He then asked if I'm calling him a liar and saying his experience is basically BS and doesn't matter.

I have no idea where to even go with this anymore other than I don't care what he says, I am still getting a N3DS because I know how to properly use the camera nub. I think he's just salty he gave up a perfectly good N3DS because he didn't know how to use one of the buttons correctly.

2. BoldHeart

BoldHeart Loading...

oh sure. completely ignore that i said gal and i dont even use it in mh4u because its so bad. or the person that agreed with me that it cant go up and down. your just gonna put all that looks in your favor on your message and be in deny over people who actually experienced it and you that have never used it and somehow know better then us how good it is and veng doesnt even have a new 3ds xl

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  3. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

I gave you a Nintendo 3DS subreddit thread full of comments of people using the N3DS and saying it's just fine

Like these fine folk

Hell some people are even complaining about the fact that this needed to be posted because it's something people should have figured out by now.

4. BoldHeart

BoldHeart Loading...

lets see what gal has to say about it

5. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

Fine with me but how would that change my mind?

6. BoldHeart

BoldHeart Loading...

what do you mean? he can play mh4u on it, take all your advice on how to work the n3dsxl c stick and his words will be fact. then you can decide for sure whether its worth getting or not

7. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

All those people vs you and him. I don't think you understand how this works.

8. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

I think you mean his words will be opinion.

Shadow likes this.
  9. BoldHeart

BoldHeart Loading...

ill put this as lightly as possible. i see nothing wrong with going through gal to come to an end to this debate and i dont see why you wouldnt trust him

10. BoldHeart

BoldHeart Loading...

so if i shoot you in the head, is it fact that you got shot in the head? cuz if the c stick cant aim up and down when gal tries it even with all of shadows advice then i dont see how that isnt fact

11. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

I was thinking of his thoughts of the c-stick being opinion, not the functionality of the c-stick itself

12. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

I trust Gall but I'm not trusting one person over many. He's very welcome to weigh in though with his opinion.

13. BoldHeart

BoldHeart Loading...

so your saying youd trust a bunch of strangers over gal. well thats bs. i was trying to hold back on saying this but your pushing it

14. shadowray7

shadowray7 Resident Maki Worshipper

[​IMG]

Shadow, Fenrir and vengvong like this.
  15. BoldHeart

BoldHeart Loading...

i dont see whats so funny. she just links some trash underground reddit regurgitated troll infested shit and shes suppose to take that over someone we know and trust that would test it live. how can we know if those people arent just a bunch of trolls trying to fool us. whats really funny shadowray is that you think that can compare to gal

16. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

>MRW i read this :shame:

17. BoldHeart

BoldHeart Loading...

ikr it just cant compare to gal testing it for us

18. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

In both cases, we're trusting someone over the internet. I think Shadow makes the right choice, surveying plenty of people (redditors) rather than just Gal. Leads to a less skewed result, of course assuming that being a redditor doesn't affect the outcome.

Same goes for Gal lmao, in both situations, we're blindly trusting people on the internet. For all we know Galleon could be a ''troll trying to fool us'', yet you're only accusing redditors.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  19. BoldHeart

BoldHeart Loading...

its nice to see how much faith you have in gal :shifty:

20. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

I kind of prefer having an actual analog stick but I have no problems with the new 3DS thumbstick. It's probably to save space. Like she said it works like a touch pad and if you've used a touch pad you probably have a good idea of what the nub is like.

No offense to Galleon, but who died and made his opinion overlord and destroyer of all opinions? Even if he came in and said he hated the nub, we'd still just agree to disagree. A lot of things are subjective and I think it's far more likely that Galleon and her just have a different opinion than that all of those dozens of people, including the person who made the image are trolling.