Monthly Game Discussion #2 - Earthbound (June 1st- June 30th)

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Sykikal, May 25, 2015.

?

Vote for the game we play during June

Poll closed May 30, 2015.
  1. BioShock Infinite

16.7%
  2. Borderlands 2

33.3%
  3. Earthbound

50.0%
  4. Half-Life 2

16.7%
  5. Limbo

33.3%
  6. Okami

16.7%
  7. Portal 2

50.0%
  8. Psychonauts

16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

I talked around, their little text is hard to read, but I guess one of them wants me to buy a secret herb or whatever and a horn of life. I bought the herb and went back to him but nothing seems to happen. I could buy the horn but I don't want to waste that much. Others are talking about "Say Password" and wait or something, not exactly sure I understand how/where I'm supposed to say it. I'll keep asking around, I guess I could try buying the horn then reloading the save if it doesn't work.

I think you forgot to actually put the spoiler tab in.

2. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

The spoiler tag's in a previous post.
    Btw, if you're wondering where it is, check THIS spoiler
    Retreat from Saturn Valley, and after you exit the cave with all the Mr. Saturns, instead of going down (where you came from), go up into the waterfall.

3. shadowray7

shadowray7 Resident Maki Worshipper

Alright let's do this shit
    HERE COMES AN IMAGE DUMP
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Wow, Mom isn't a very nice person.

[​IMG]
    Oh hey. I know you. Wait a minute. No SSBB localized your name to Porky. That name is obviously better.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    So edgy.

[​IMG]
    Rad crow is rad.

[​IMG]
    God dammit Porky. You woke me up for this shit?

[​IMG]
    Well you look like one.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Nope, I'm just some regular kid with a hat and psychic healing powers.

[​IMG]
    Oh um... hi...

[​IMG]
    Buzz Buzz proceeded to face wreck him so whatever.

[​IMG]
    OH BABY!

[​IMG]
    Your family is ugly Porky.

[​IMG]
    And Porky's parents aren't cool.

[​IMG]
    Ness's dad is automatically awesome.

[​IMG]
    RIP: Buzz Buzz

[​IMG]
    Alright so I just need to go there and we'll all be good.
    First let me just go heal up and
    [​IMG]
    Have some fsteak.

vengvong, Sykikal and Fenrir like this.
  4. Sykikal

Glad you could join us. This post was worth the wait:y12:

Edit: I was having trouble finding it so I went ahead and read vengvong's and Miles spoiler. I think I found it, thank you.

Edit 2: I'm battling the large green slime monster. Kind of tough, I might need to grind a bit. Ness is fine in terms of level but my other characters are a bit underleveled. I keep getting hit by that crying status condition. When I use the heal B move to restore my status they just inflict it back on me before I have a chance to do another move, not to mention the slimes do it to my entire team.

Edit 3: I found out using Jeff's Spy ability that I can use Hypnosis on the big slime monster. I did that along with getting a smash bonus and using offense to boost up Ness, but I still lost. I'm kind of drawing a blank here for beating this big monster other than just excessive grinding.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  5. Fenrir

Fenrir Luminary of the stars!!

Alright, i got to the fourth sanctuary now im in a place called summers, off to get the character called poo!

6. Sykikal

Okay, I looked up online how to beat this slime monster, turns out I need a honey jar, it has nothing to do with levels. I wish I had known that earlier, I'm now so overleveled that I blazed through the third sanctuary.

Edit: Okay, I went through the desert, made it to Fourside, fought the monsters in the cave, got the diamond, paid the band's debt again, went to the cafe, then went to Moonside. I've been wandering around for a while now, not really sure where I'm going. I also lost Paula in the store and I'm not sure how/if I'm going to get her back.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  7. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

Not sure if I should keep on progressing, or go back and get the other sanctuaries I missed. I seem to be underleveled, so why not I guess

8. Fenrir

So i am going for the seventh sanctuary area, used the key to get to the dungeon man.

9. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

I tried to go back to the second sanctuary, but you can't because of the ghosts in the tunnel :( Guess I'll wait for PSI Teleport

10. Sykikal

You're on 7th already? Are the next ones easier to reach or something?

11. Fenrir

they are easier to reach considering you get teleport soon, makes moving around easier. but the places are still a pain to go through if you aren't careful.

12. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

That's a problem, assuming Syk hasn't gotten it yet (he didn't mention it), he missed his chance at getting it while going through the desert :/

Also, I defested Master Belch so i can fuckin finally go beat that mole sanctuary fuckboss

13. Sykikal

No, I didn't get it. I wasn't aware of it. Can I go back and get it?

14. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

I'd wait until you need to go back to the desert in a future event.

15. Sykikal

Well, it's not far from where I am now. Is it obvious to find? Do you think I could miss it again? Do I go back there soon. I don't want to spoil too much but I guess I could look it up.

16. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

Oh, my bad. I tried to go there myself, and it turns out it's only accessible during said future event.

Edit: Just beat the 4th Sanctuary Boss, I think I'm catching up to Miles.

Edit 2: Just beat the 5th Sanctuary Boss, hell ye

Edit 3: Just beat the 6th Sanctuary Boss, maybe staying up all night wasn't that bad of an idea /s

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  17. Sykikal

Woah, you two are getting pretty far. I beat the 4th boss and got the teleport ability myself. I'm controlling Poo now. Between this and Hyper Beam I'm starting to wonder if this is just a coincidence or if Pokemon was somehow based on it.

[​IMG]

18. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

Good possibility, since Ape Inc. (developer of this game) went on and changed to Creatures Inc. (developer of Pokémon).

19. Sykikal

This guy seems really enthusiast about water. Is this one of those African countries where people are starving/dying of thirst or something?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

Water restores Poo's PP (heh) more efficiently than other characters, which is why he's enthusiastic. (Water restores 1 PP for Ness and Paula, whereas it restores 10 PP for Poo, probably due to his Mu Training)

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015