Monthly Game Discussion #2 - Earthbound (June 1st- June 30th)

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Sykikal, May 25, 2015.

?

Vote for the game we play during June

Poll closed May 30, 2015.
  1. BioShock Infinite

16.7%
  2. Borderlands 2

33.3%
  3. Earthbound

50.0%
  4. Half-Life 2

16.7%
  5. Limbo

33.3%
  6. Okami

16.7%
  7. Portal 2

50.0%
  8. Psychonauts

16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

BioShock Infinite - 3 (Miles, Shadow, Shadowray7)
    Borderlands 2 - 3 (Shadow, Miles, shadowray7)
    Earthbound - 3 (Sykikal, shadowray7, Miles)
    Half-Life 2 - 3(Sykikal, Shadow, shadoyray7)
    Limbo - 3 (Sykikal, Shadow, shadowray7)
    Okami - 3 (Sykikal, shadowray7, Miles)
    Portal 2 - 3 (Shadow, shadowray7, Miles)
    Psychonauts- 3 (Sykikal, Shadow, Miles)

With Lavitz and HaxAras dropping out, none of the games made it to 4 votes, so all of the top options are tied with 3 (unless I miscounted, feel free to correct me if I did). Users can select up to 3 options but once you cast your vote you aren't allowed to change it later.

If you want to participate post a list of games here: http://www.videogameinfo.net/forums/threads/monthly-game-discussion.5232/

Participants: Sykikal, vengvong, shadowray7, Shadow, Miles. You can still vote even if you don't want to participate, but your vote will only be considered for the purposes of a tie breaker.

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  2. Fenrir

Fenrir Luminary of the stars!!

Im all for Earthbound, try and complete it this time...maybe it will be better with more than one person to talk about it

3. Sykikal

Okay, Limbo and Earthbound, and Portal 2 are now tied. vengvong is the only participate who hasn't voted yet so I guess that'd make him the tiebreaker.

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  4. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

Voted for earthbound :D Earthbound and Portal 2 are tied

5. Sykikal

HaxAras's vote just counts as a tiebreaker since he's not participating. Eg. if it was 2 against 2 his would break the tie, since three participants voted for Earthbound, it's the winner.

6. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

I started a bit before this, but I'm only at the first of the 8 sanctuary bosses. Ran out of PP, so I guess I should purposefully kill myself and regain that PP, since for some reason I can't find a magic butterfly to refill my PP.

Edit: Decided to wait until June 1st to start playing again

Last edited: May 28, 2015
  7. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

k so I beat the first ''Your Sanctuary'' boss, beat the policemen, and now I'm in Twoson looking for Paula :D

8. Fenrir

Im not too far into the game myself, talked to the bee and that's it.

9. Sykikal

I went through the introduction stuff with the bee. I got to Frank in the back of the arcade but I'm kind of stuck on him and his robot. My hypnosis, my only ability, didn't seem to work on him, and my bashing isn't doing all that much damage, and I don't have anything other than the bat to equip. I'll try to grind later so I can beat him. Not sure if there's a better way to go about it.

10. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

Did you buy any of Ness' equips at the store? Did you unlock PSI Lifeup yet?

11. Sykikal

I got the lifeup but didn't go in the store yet. Maybe I should look for that. I think I saw it on the map. Unfortunately I lost most of my money from dying over and over.

Edit: There's a lot of money in my bank account. Anything you'd suggest for me to buy?

12. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

I don't think you lose money from dying, are you using savestates, or the ingame saving function?

13. Sykikal

In game save.I had $10 earlier now I have $1.

14. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

Are you aware of the ATM function? The more enemies you kill, the more money you get on your card thingy

15. Sykikal

16. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

Whoops, didn't notice the edit.
    1. If your HP and PP bar start flashing while selecting items to buy, that means it'll increase Ness' Attack, or Defense.
    2. If your HP and PP bar aren't flashing while selecting an item to buy, then that means It won't affect your Attack and Defense.
    3. If your HP and PP box goes darker while selecting an item, then that means it'll lower your Attack or defense (direct downgrade, don't buy these)
    4. North of Onett and Left from the library, you'll find a boy standing left of a bunch of trees. If you talk to this boy, he'll say he's doing watchout for the hideout (or something along those lines) Stand directly against the left of the trees, and go straight north. You'll find their hideout. One person there gives an item really helpful in the beginning of the game.

If you need help with 4, feel free to ask.
    Also, buy food if you don't want to use up your PP using PSI Lifeup.

In other news, I got Paula :D I went all the way back to Onett because I died though :(

17. Sykikal

Thanks, I didn't know any of this stuff. I beat the ant boss and got to the "giant step" area. After that I went into the town below. I keep getting this annoying mushroom attached to me though, not exactly sure how to get rid of it. I read online a hospital can do it but the doctor is telling me he only deals with illness or something. Seems like dying does it but that's inconvenient.

18. vengvong

vengvong Limit Breaker

Oh, there's a certain person at the hospital that'll literally pay you $50 to take the mushroom off your head. Also, I'm pretty sure you have to defeat the police officers to go to the second town, didja go to the police office?

19. Sykikal

Oh, good to know. I guess I just didn't talk to the right person in the hospital. Yeah, I already beat the five officers and went down to the second big town.

20. Fenrir

Alright, i'm in the middle of fighting the Five cops before heading to twoson, anyone think it's weird for the fact that you have to deal with police brutality in order to just pass over to the next town?