Monthly Game Discussion #1 - Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Apr 15th - May 30th)

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Lavitz, Apr 13, 2015.

?

Vote for the game we play for the next month

Poll closed Apr 15, 2015.
  1. Bioshock (5 People)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Deus Ex: Human Revolution (5 people)

55.6%
  3. Borderlands 2 (4 people)

11.1%
  4. Bioshock Infinite (4 people)

22.2%
  5. Dark Souls (4 people)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Fallout: New Vegas (4 people)

33.3%
  7. Metroid Prime (4 people)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Psychonauts (4 people)

44.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

You already beat it? How many hours did it take? There was this one sidequest that involved killing two guys to get the security footage back. Did you skip that sidequest? Not sure if you did all of them or how thorough you were with them.

2. Lavitz

Lavitz Inactive Staff Member

[​IMG]

By the basketball court? I just knocked them out. You can knock out anyone you're supposed to kill, it makes no difference.

3. Sykikal

Ah, I didn't know. Seems kind of like it wouldn't really help all that much from a story perspective because it's not like you really talk to them or tell them to lay off. I mean, what's to stop them from bugging the guy again once they wake up? Though alright, that's good to know, thanks.

4. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

I need to get back into this, it wasn't a horrible game, I've just been so damn distracted by everything el... oh look a rainbow

Plus I hear it's a long game? Is it like a sandbox game or something where it opens up to a city and I can choose what mission to take on next?

5. Sykikal

If this is what you've replaced it with then you definitely do. [​IMG]

I do as well.

Looks like most people didn't complete it within the allotted time. Lavitz said he doesn't want to manage/organize this anymore so I guess that means I am from now on (unless someone else wants to).

I'll extend it until the end of the month May 31st

In the mean time, if you have any new games that you didn't already suggest last months edit them into your posts here, if you haven't posted your game list make a new post.

http://www.videogameinfo.net/forums/threads/monthly-game-discussion.5196/

Last edited: May 15, 2015
  6. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

I had good reason for that, I was on a laptop and just killing time till we had to work

7. Sykikal

You have work now? Do you mean like a paid job or like babysitting or relatives?

8. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

Like a relative paying me to do yard work

9. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

10. Lavitz

Come on, don't make excuses now
    [​IMG]

11. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

Lol not an excuse, if the laptop I had could run Deus Ex then I might have played it. I'm home now though

12. Lavitz

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

I wasn't playing skyrim while I was gone o_O Tried to play Oblivion though, didn't work :P

14. Lavitz

[​IMG]

15. Sykikal

16. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

17. Sykikal

Lavitz should be like this mom but with video games. We need like motivational video game speakers or something.

[​IMG] '

You're cancelling it outright? I still planned on finishing by the end of the month. You said someone else could organize it so I posted I'd extend it. I thought maybe if you didn't want to organize it you could at least participate next time or be somewhat involved. Is it okay if I do that?

18. Lavitz

I don't care, go ahead

19. Sykikal

So.. it's been a while since I actually posted a game related update. I'm not doing too well getting the stealthy awards. I pretty much am triggering the guards in every room and I need to save/reload constantly. Though at least I'm sort of getting through it. A lot of it seems to be trial and error at this point, finding out which paths to go on where the guards can't see me. The cone upgrade where I can see where the guards will see me is helping too. I think I'm just being too aggressive sometimes, I think I need to take out the guards when often times I can just walk right passed them.

I got to this building with a ton of these walking robots, I'm having trouble with them. They aren't easy to destroy so my only option seems to be destroying them. So, anyway, I just got done talking with Zhao, and now I'm trying to get through a room full of guards, I'm not really sure how I'm supposed to get through them other than "rambo'ing" my way through but even then I'm not sure it'd work to well for a game like this. There's got to be a stealthy way through, I just need to find it. I wonder far along I am in the game.

Edit:
    I made some more progress on the game today. I beat the second boss, got to Isaias Sandoval, then got to China, and then got to Tong and rescued his son.

Last edited: May 26, 2015
  20. Sykikal

I'm a little disappointed that no one else involved here played (or mentioned that they played) Deus Ex in the last two weeks, but anyway, just thought I should update the thread to say that I completed it.

The Missing Link DLC was a bit challenging but I enjoyed it, I uploaded a video showing how to get an optional objective of saving both the prisoner and the whistleblower.

It's ironic, but the bosses seem to get easier as we went along. I actually had the most trouble with the first boss, I had a significant amount of trouble with the second boss but was able to beat her with EMPs. The third boss, which I suppose would be Burke from The Missing Link DLC for me was moderately challenging but isn't all that hard once you know how to beat him.

Maybe I cheesed the forth boss after watching Lavitz video, but all I had to do for him was blast him with grenades.

The fifth boss, from what others tell me was even easier if you use the code to beat her, I did it the hard (or not really hard, but harder I guess) way by disabling each individual pod, shooting through her protective glass then shooting her directly, I also managed to get to all four of the endings.

I had trouble with the game at first but once I got a hang of the cloaking mechanic, using the augments, hiding better, etc. I think I did better. I was a bit late but I'm glad I was able to get through it.

Lavitz likes this.