Minecraft save from Xbox 360 will carry over to Xbox One

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Sykikal, Apr 25, 2014.

• by Sykikal, Apr 25, 2014 at 2:37 PM
  • Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

Phil Spencer announced on Twitter that saves from the Xbox 360 edition of Minecraft will carry over to Xbox One. The Xbox One version of Minecraft will have increased world sizes compared to the Xbox 360 version.
    Minecraft is already released on the PlayStation 3. The creator of Minecraft announced plans to bring Minecraft to the PlayStation 4 later this year in September with similar cross-save compatibility.

The Xbox 360 version of Minecraft sold more than 12 million copies, making it the second or third best selling Xbox 360 game of all time (behind Halo 3 and Call of Duty: Black Ops), and with a total of more than 49 million copies, Minecraft is the best selling non-bundled game of all time (so that excludes Tetris/Wii Sports/Kinect Adventures).

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  • Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Sykikal, Apr 25, 2014.

1. CROWley
    Just noting, it looks like you're saying it's not on the PS3 yet. I have the game on both 360 and PS3. I take it what you're trying to say is they intend to bring the cross console/gen comparability to those consoles later this year.

I wanna know more about switching my 360 profile between my 360 and an Xbone. Moving Minecraft saves might be decent. I have some pretty old saves, the one I really like is my trap world I made with an old friend. We probably spent hundreds of hours on it.
  2. Sykikal
    Yeah, that's what I meant. The PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 versions aren't currently out, but they're coming later this year, and when they do eventually get released, they're supposed to have cross-save comparability.
  3. CROWley
    That can't be right. I have Minecraft on my PS3, I can link you to a pile of :dukecurse::dukecurse::dukecurse::dukecurse: website that shows I have a trophy or two in that game. I can't contact anybody or change my pass or log in. I can only view my useless account. :thwomp: