Microsoft to sell Xbox One for $399 without Kinect, dropping Gold requirement for apps

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Lavitz, May 13, 2014.

• by Lavitz, May 13, 2014 at 10:26 AM
  • Lavitz

Lavitz Inactive Staff Member

People spoke out about the high price of Xbox One and Microsoft listened. On June 9th, Microsoft is giving people the option to buy an Xbox One without Kinect for $399. This will be a new option and the Kinect bundle will continue to be sold as well. They will be releasing a standalone Kinect peripheral for people who wish to purchase it separately from the console.

Microsoft will also be dropping the Xbox Live Gold requirement for apps such as Hulu, Netflix and other entertainment apps so you can watch all your favorite TV shows and movies without the need for an Xbox Live subscription.

• Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Lavitz, May 13, 2014.

1. Sykikal
    Wow, that's big news. Glad to hear that. That was one of the major criticisms I had with the Xbox One. I really think that's one of the reasons the PS4 sold so much better than the Xbox One. I thought this was going to happen but I didn't think it was going to happen this early. Originally I had been firmly against the Xbox One but to be honest now it is starting to be tempting. Does waiving of Xbox Gold requirement for Hulu/Netflix work for Xbox 360 as well as Xbox One? Because I stream, and the PS3 has High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDC) I have the PS3 hooked up through component cables, but that means I can't get 1080p. The Xbox 360 doesn't have that protection so I can use the HDMI cable on it and still stream.
  2. Lavitz
    Yeah it's for both 360 and One