Microsoft denies representative's claim about scrapping plans for Xbox One to double a dev kit

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Sykikal, Jul 9, 2014.

• by Sykikal, Jul 9, 2014 at 12:38 PM
  • Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

Microsoft announced in July 2013 that they planned on allowing Xbox One's to have a developer kit built into the console. Former Xbox vice president Marc Whitten stated in 2013 "Our vision is that every person can be a creator. That every Xbox One can be used for development". Ordinarily, developers have to spend thousands of dollars for development kits in order to be able to develop consoles for a platform, though this would have allowed any developers who owned an Xbox One to get started developing.

Earlier today, Martin Fuller, part of the Xbox Advanced Technology Group, when asked about this feature, stated "In the end, although that was a very admirable goal, it hasn't happened unfortunately" when asked for more details, Martin said "As far as I'm aware there are no plans. I'm not aware of the reason why we didn't manage to do that."

Microsoft was later asked to clarify Martin Fuller's comments, and they released a statement saying "The comments today were inaccurate. We remain committed to ensuring the best possible solutions for developers and hobbyists to create games for Xbox One. We will share more details at a later date"

• Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Sykikal, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Shiny Ablico
    This could be a breaking point for the little Xbox One demographic there already is... Sadly... I love my Xbox One.