[May 9, 2015] Weekly game night #13 (Online)

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Sykikal, May 6, 2015.

You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
Weekly game night #13
Confirmed Attendees: 5
Posted By: Sykikal
Start Date: May 9, 2015 06:00 PM
End Date: May 10, 2015 12:00 AM
Time Zone: America/Los_Angeles -07:00 PDT
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 5
The following users have RSVP'd "Maybe":
  1. Sykikal

Sykikal Very mentally stable admin Staff Member

Uho, game night #13, the unlucky number. Mario Kart 8 went well so expect to see it on more often.

_____ azure Ezreol HaxAras Miles Numb Pineapplease shadowray7 Shadow Sykikal vengvong TheWolfsHeart
    Week 1 _____ 1 _____ _____ 1 1 _____ 1 1 _____ 1
    Week 2 _____ 2 _____ _____ _____ 2 1 2 2 _____ _____
    Week 3 _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ 3 2 3 3 1 _____
    Week 4 1 _____ _____ 1 2 _____ _____ 4 4 2 _____
    Week 5 2 _____ _____ 2 3 _____ _____ _____ 5 3 _____
    Week 6 3 _____ _____ 3 _____ _____ _____ 5 6 4 _____
    Week 7 _____ _____ 1 4 _____ _____ _____ 6 7 5 _____
    Week 8 4 _____ _____ 5 4 _____ _____ 7 8 6 _____
    Week 9 _____ 3 _____ 6 _____ _____ _____ 8 9 7 _____
    Week 10 5 _____ _____ 7 5 _____ 3 _____ 10 8 _____
    Week 11 6 _____ 2 8 6 _____ 4 _____ 11 _____ _____
    Week 12 _____ _____ 3 9 7 _____ _____ 9 12 _____ _____
    I've been asking for people to vote on games for the past few weeks and have gotten very few votes. I think most people have already put on all the votes they've wanted to by now. I'm going to try setting up the games in advance to see if that helps attendance (eg. maybe if people know what games are going to take place in advance they'll be more likely to RSVP early). On the off chance people complain or I get enough people saying they want different games I may decide to change the schedule.

Smash bros for Wii U - 6 (Pineapplease, Sykilal, Numb, Miles, azure, HaxAras)
    Cards against humanity 5 (Pineapplease, Sykikal, Miles, Shadow, vengvong)
    Tetris 4 - (HaxAras, Sykikal, vengvong, Numb)
    League of Legends -4 (Sykikal, Numb, Miles, azure)
    Mario Kart 8 - 4 (Sykikal, vengvong, azure, HaxAras)
    Damned - 3 (Shadow, azure, Sykikal)
    CS: Go - 4 (Numb, Sykikal, Shadow, Miles)
    Destiny (PS4) - 3 (Sykikal, Miles, azure)
    Diablo 2 - 3 (Miles, Sykikal, Shadow)
    Killing Floor - 3 (Numb, shadowray7, Shadow)
    Smite - 3 (Numb, azure, Sykikal)
    Slendertubbies - 3 (Shadow, vengvong, bella)
    SWAT 4 - 2 (Sykikal, Shadow)
    Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn (Sykikal, Miles)
    Pokemon Y/X/ORAS - 2 (HaxAras, Sykikal)
    Chess - 2 (HaxAras, Sykikal)

Note: All times in PST (UTC-8). http://www.worldtimezone.com/
    Mario Kart 8: 6PM
    Super Smash Bros. For Wii U 7:30PM (if we aren't all too engaged with Mario Kart 8 to play it again)
    CS:GO 9PM

Mario Kart 8 tournament

The way the tournament will be run is elimination style,
    for each race the last person who crosses the finish line will be eliminated and this will go on until there is only one person left!

Races are 150cc with both DLC packs.

Prize? : $20 Nintendo eShop code

Last edited: May 8, 2015
    Fenrir and Numb like this.
  2. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

Yeah, kinda. "I'll attend game night, oh shit I don't own any of these games"

3. Sykikal

Hm.. I get the feeling you're still kind of annoyed about two weeks ago when I took off Cards Against Humanity :P. Sorry about that. For future reference, you can RSVP "no" once and keep your reliable progress going. Anyway, yeah, it's kind of difficult but I'm trying to make sure there's at least one game for all the regulars. Veng can play MK8, azure can play smash and MK8, you can play CS:GO, Numb can play smash and CS:GO, etc.

4. Shadow

Shadow ಠ_ಠ

CS:GO kinda depends entirely on if we have a third person to play with, I don't consider Numb reliable enough for that :|

5. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

I'm here for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. I'll play Mario Kart 8 until it's end time despite the fact that I don't find it the slightest bit fun.

6. Sykikal

(Note: Miles edited this in) There's a prize?

7. Fenrir

Fenrir Luminary of the stars!! Staff Member

Yes! im buying an eshop card in about 20 minutes and it goes to the winner :D

8. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

I wonder what Lavitz is gonna buy.

9. Fenrir

Hey, there's an opportunity for anyone to win this

10. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

hahahahahahaha, man, that was a good one!

11. Sykikal

Well.. Lavitz did win every match, or tie for first last week, and we did quite a lot of matches. Azure got a tie with Lavitz, I suppose he sort of has a shot if he's participating. Though Lavitz is the odds on favorite.

CROWley likes this.
  12. Sykikal

I think that went well. I was happy to see Yukinari made it, and I actually got second:XD:. I thought for sure Lavitz was going to place ahead of me. Thanks making this Miles.

13. Fenrir

No problem!!!, probably should have thought it out more before posting the tournament though. maybe next time ill be a tad more clear lol

14. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

I'm surprised Lavitz didn't win. I feel like we should do Smash Bros. first from now on since people don't wanna stop playing Mario Kart and it seems like you have a hard time getting enough people for a third game. I only wanted to play Super Smash Bros. and it seemed like nobody wanted to play outside of 3 of us so I went back to my game.

The more time I have to think about something, the less I want to do it. (Playing games with people, work, going to restaurants, etc.) If Smash Bros. was played first I would have been able to play a game tonight instead, I missed out.

15. Sykikal

I had fun with just the two of us. I think even if you had joined as a third person you could have enjoyed it, the game only allows up to 4 people anyway. I'm not really sure why thinking about it for another hour makes such a big difference on your end since there's already a whole week for you to think about it between game nights. Though I can understand if people don't want to stay up that late or are burned out after one game.

I felt like the tournament was the priority and getting people for that was more important than SSB4. Though maybe next week I could switch it around and have SSB4 first since there are no tournaments/prizes planned.

16. CROWley

CROWley Inactive

I have no idea what you're talking about but I wanna join.

I'm not thinking about it all week. If it crosses my mind it something to look forward to. If I'm playing a game and in the mood to play it. I check the clock and see it's still a few hours away from game night but I still wanna keep playing this. Then I occasionally check the chat to see when the game I have no interest to play is over. All people are talking about is how fun it is and how they just wanna keep playing it and I lose more interest. Then I see there's only 3 of us and no replies to the chat for a while so I say fuck it and just go back to what I was doing.

Though I've wanted to be a chef my entire life, when people offer to take me to a restaurant I decline a good 97% of the time. On the rare occasion I even say yes, I may change my mind in a matter of seconds or minutes. I'll put on a shirt, start putting on my boots and then suddenly lose all interest and go back to what I was doing.

Give them something to look forward to. There's gonna be some warm up games to prepare for the tournament. Think of it like a fine meal. There's the appetizer game, Smash Bros. Then there's the main course game, Mario Kart 8 and finally the third game as desert. So fuckin hungry all of a sudden. It's retarded to put the game that most people don't wanna stop playing first. The second game just gets skipped over and the third mostly never has enough people anyway so if people don't stop playing Mario Kart 8, it doesn't really matter.

17. Sykikal

Musashi and I played SSB4, I asked if anyone wanted to join for a few times and you were welcome to come on with the two of us. It wasn't exactly skipped over, but I suppose you have a point. Maybe putting the tourney's in the middle could work, I'm just worried about scheduling issues since it'd be like 11PM-12AM in EST by the time it finishes. I suppose I could try next time and see what happens.